A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Last edited:

Cesar R M

What did I say that was incorrect?

2464633-avengers001.jpg

That's Ant-Man (Hank Pym) on the cover of Avengers #1. Scott Lang premiered in Avengers #181.

I actually find it annoying how the Wasp wasnt even mentioned in the Avengers leading text.

hopemax

The thought that the company is just a collections of Brands and IPs that are to be used (leveraged?) to make money (maximize their full profit potential?) until all the life squeezed out of them.

To me, Disney is bigger then that. Disney is an idea. Its not something you can touch or grab ahold of, but its simply the best. The best everything - the best entertainment, the best parks, the best food and so forth. Its doing the right thing and doing that for the right reasons. Yes, its utopic middle America but its middle America with today's technology.

Somewhere in there is a dream by a man. Rather simple, actually. And nowhere in that dream did steering committees, strategic planning groups, leveraging IPs, franchises, Brands and other boardroom speak.

I always thought of Disney being a place that said, "The world is interesting, let's explore it, let's tell stories about it, let's do things differently, let's not be common, let's walk on the edge a little and see what we can see." Now I think it's the opposite.."don't pay attention to the world, it's scary, and we're safe and familiar and common, and the edge is dangerous so you and me shouldn't go there." There was always so much risk in the way Disney did things, from animated movies, to Disneyland to Epcot and it made the company strong and mighty despite its size, but now even Star Wars needs to be "proven" and Frozen has to be handed timidly (for as much as it's everywhere, I'm having difficulty finding much for grownups outside of junior tees...so much for capitalizing on Marines sitting around singing Let it Go and this is very different for how BatB and LK were handled).

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I have never started a thread before. What I am posting here should be in a thread about the EXPO and the things that will be there this summer (including me). Since this seems to be a catch all for News, Rumors, and in between - I am posting it here.

On Saturday August 15th, Bob Chapek will announce a massive Star Wars "land" and an Avengers area (coaster,restaurant, M&G) for the DLR. I will be there to hear it.

Have a nice day...

*1023*

Mike S

I have never started a thread before. What I am posting here should be in a thread about the EXPO and the things that will be there this summer (including me). Since this seems to be a catch all for News, Rumors, and in between - I am posting it here.

On Saturday August 15th, Bob Chapek will announce a massive Star Wars "land" and an Avengers area (coaster,restaurant, M&G) for the DLR. I will be there to hear it.

Have a nice day...

*1023*
Have fun :)

lazyboy97o

Have a nice day...

*1023*
My thoughts on the D23 Expo are so low I first thought you were talking about Milan when I saw "EXPO."

My thoughts on the D23 Expo are so low I first thought you were talking about Milan when I saw "EXPO."

I had considered a trip to Milan for that. It fits right in with one of my projects/investments right now. We are going to be at WAS Triennial instead to do our "reveal" in Las Vegas in 2016.

International expositions are an example of what could be done at EPCOT. I am not sure why the idea can't be/isn't expressed there.

*1023*

Spirited TDS B-Day News:

From the OLC, happening next year and I WILL be there:

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20150611_01e.pdf

BTW, this is how you should celebrate milestone B-Days ... but TDO/WDW Co. doesn't have to do anything. Fake grass and walls in the Hub get fanbois all hot and bothered.

Are you staying at Mira Costa? I would consider going in May...Not that I need more reasons to visit Japan....

*1023*

WDW1974

Original Poster
Certainly... I agree that the craftsman of the added opinion at the bottom was just that, opinion. (speculation might be a good word too.) Today we tend to call informed opinion analysis. I took away that the bullet points were added by @WDW1974 ... I could be wrong...

The top half looked much like similar documents I have seen for similar purposes. A scripted PR events calendar. Like I said, if this was also crafted, it was well done. Based on the track record of the poster when it comes to attractions and such, I take the leap that it is genuine...

*1023*

Nope. Those words were not mine. I tried to be clear that only the final handful of words came from me. The bullet points came from a source.

I've been debating whether to put out some additional information. As I was given more information than I am comfortable placing online from China, especially when no matter what I put out it won't satisfy a very vocal minority. Also, something I have to consider is that maybe some of my critics/lovers here could be right: maybe I'm damaging the credibility of the information by placing it on a fan site. So, I'm going to take my time and think about what, if anything, I place out and how I do so.

One more comment on the bullet points from the post in question: by reviewing them I'm certain it is clear to most readers that the person providing the information was/is incredibly close to the ... the ... situation.

One more comment on the bullet points from the post in question: by reviewing them I'm certain it is clear to most readers that the person providing the information was/is incredibly close to the ... the ... situation.

Clearly... They seem close.

Thanks for clarifying the bullet points also. I would hate to misattribute them further.

*1023*

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, not ironic! I always like greeting people as the same was done for me when I joined. Gotta bring some welcomes to the forum.

And that would make sense, as it does have over a million views.

I can't help but be suspicious (with a good history for having been right) when newbies join the site in summer, immediately jump into a thread with a huge number of posts and then act as if they have been one of the gang all along. It's sorta like being a plus one at a swanky party where you know no one and you take a chair in the center of the room and begin telling all the fellow guests how you have the answers and that the host should have bought higher quality booze.

Just sorta tacky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom