A Spirited Perfect Ten

Goofyernmost

But it didnt rot....
Give it up Dave. No wants to believe otherwise and even if it is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, it no longer matters. They own it, they can set it on fire if they want too. It's their property. They decided to dispose of it to end demands that it be brought back, for whatever reason they had, and it is done. Pretty much the same as filling in the 20K lagoon right after they announced the Nemo Sub ride in DL. If it is gone, it is only a verbal issue and nothing that will ever materialize.

Phil12

Actually (I hate knowing this, but I deal with too many promo companies in my line of work), McDonald's now uses a recycled paper napkin, but the McDonald's golden arch "M" is printed in a lightly raised manner in the fabric throughout the napkin. You have to look harder to see it.
Indeed, but not for the purpose of customer advertisement. It's for the purpose of identifying that the napkin was purchased from the authorized McDonald's supply chain as required by the franchise contract.

PhotoDave219

Well...they kinda did.
That article was little more than placed PR.
Disney owns Fritz.

The only thing I find interesting is the timing. This just days after the LA Times piece?

Who's the audience this is aimed at here? Because its certainly not meant to be us. Are we supposed to be calming investors? Pumping up the stock price? Or is this meant to quell any questions about Shanghai?

PhotoDave219

Give it up Dave. No wants to believe otherwise and even if it is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, it no longer matters. They own it they, they can set it on fire if they want too. It's their property. They decided to dispose of it to end demands that it be brought back, for whatever reason they had, and it is done. Pretty much the same as filling in the 20K lagoon right after they announced the Nemo Sub ride in DL. If it is gone, it is only a verbal issue and nothing that will ever materialize.

I just want to let the record indicate that Disney didnt let a parade rot - They simply threw it away.

Goofyernmost

I just want to let the record indicate that Disney didnt let a parade rot - They simply threw it away.
Yes, I agree and whatever was done, is done! The reasons no longer matter. I do wonder though, if you were the one that made the decision and you wanted it to spin right, which would you want the public to think? They let it rot therefore semi-confirming the "lack of maintenance" factor or they didn't want to use it anymore so they junked it? Seems like that last one sounds slightly better and less irresponsible.

PhotoDave219

Who knows what qualifies as a.trigger to microagressions in society anymore. I find this site amusing as the writer has a bit of the Colbert shtick going.
http://everythingsaproblem.tumblr.com/

The fun part that I'm finding is that society is currently ignoring the warning labels as it is. Take Game of Thrones of an example - There's all sorts of warnings at the beginning of that show: (Adult Content, Violent Content, Sexual Content, TV-MA)... yet people are still screaming about what the show is doing. They were properly warned yet it didn't matter, they're still unhappy about Episode Six from this season and now they're screaming about this most reason episode, which brings back reflections of how S01E01 ended.

Point being, you can put as many warnings on there as you want but people are still going to cry about it.

Bairstow

Wait... they do this in Universal Orlando? I thought it was just in USJ?

Attack on Titan's too violent to put next to DM or Hello Kitty :D Pokemon is the only anime I could see replacing Shrek, but that would be relatively far from the Nintendo area.

MLP? SpongeBob? TMNT? Dora? Peanuts (if they could work out a deal with Cedar Fair)? So much mystery for that location.

I thought we were talking about the Osaka park.
Surely Hello Kitty isn't popular enough in America to justify replacing Shrek.

the.dreamfinder

I love how that WSJ piece praises the Studios' profitability when its revenues have been down significantly since the weatherman took over, almost half when accounting for inflation. You almost wonder if they would be regularly beating BO leaders Fox and WB had they kept making films at Touchstone and Miramax.

I created an earlier version of the chart below last year so I decided to update it with the FY 2014 numbers. It's amazing how the success of Frozen help reverse a long term decline in revenue. The film that management wrote off and now cannot shove into every possible thing, no matter the long term consequences of overexposure or failure to meet/exceed expectations (Frozenstrom).
image.jpg

doctornick

That's the point.

It's not necessarily "better" to be releasing more films or having greater revenues, which is what your chart and commentary suggests.

At a minimum, having a chart indicating the film profits would be more meaningful. Or at least revenue per film. Otherwise, why not just directly chide Disney for not making more films per year if that is your concern?

spacemt354

Chili's
I love how that WSJ piece praises the Studios' profitability when its revenues have been down significantly since the weatherman took over, almost half when accounting for inflation. You almost wonder if they would be regularly beating BO leaders Fox and WB had they kept making films at Touchstone and Miramax.

I created an earlier version of the chart below last year so I decided to update it with the FY 2014 numbers. It's amazing how the success of Frozen help reverse a long term decline in revenue. The film that management wrote off and now cannot shove into every possible thing, no matter the long term consequences of overexposure or failure to meet/exceed expectations (Frozenstrom).
View attachment 96181
What unit is the y-axis in? Billions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom