A Spirited Perfect Ten

MKCP 1985

Yes if you use a bottle and some halazone tablets to purify the water before drinking it, The fountains at WDW esp the MK are NASTY.
The water fountains at the MK are fine. People have been drinking free water from them since 1971 with no problems. If a person has a weakened immune system, all of that might be necessary but only to the extent it would necessary anywhere else. Otherwise, drink away and keep your money. Sorry Dasani.

Funmeister

The water fountains at the MK are fine. People have been drinking free water from them since 1971 with no problems. If a person has a weakened immune system, all of that might be necessary but only to the extent it would necessary anywhere else. Otherwise, drink away and keep your money. Sorry Dasani.

Also, for those who are "afraid" of public water fountains they can go to any Disney QSR and get a free cup of ice water. All they have to do is ask.

Mike S

THE MAGIC!!!!!! IT'S RUINED!!!!!! :arghh:
image.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Not after you have watched someone put their mouth over it like the scene in Parks and Recreation, I'll keep bringing in water from the outside thanks.

Bottle fill stations like the very few at AK are fine though.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Also, for those who are "afraid" of public water fountains they can go to any Disney QSR and get a free cup of ice water. All they have to do is ask.

Like I said the bottle fill stations at AK are fine just not enough of them, The bubblers well that's a case for halazone if you have seen what I have.

Funmeister

Like I said the bottle fill stations at AK are fine just not enough of them, The bubblers well that's a case for halazone if you have seen what I have.

I will admit I tend to ask for water at QSR locations.

I will not ever allow mine or other people I know touch the water in any of the fountains or water play areas. I know there have not been any reported instances but like you said..."if you have seen what I have."

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I will admit I tend to ask for water at QSR locations.

I will not ever allow mine or other people I know touch the water in any of the fountains or water play areas. I know there have not been any reported instances but like you said..."if you have seen what I have."

Yes indeed I think that's all that needs to be said,

I do like the bottle fill stations at AK trouble is I've only seen a couple of them they are a very green thing to do, Many colleges are installing them so they can reduce the amount of plastic waste on campus.

Nubs70

What I was referring to was a interlock which possibly did not exist, When you build something like a coaster or a bridge a Civil engineer must certify the design with their 'STAMP' which states the design meets all current design guidelines and appropriate legal requirements.

If a interlock did not exist to prevent a launch when another train was valleyed it's a design review failure. If it was overidable by the operator that was a even worse design failure,

I can see an override mode from the PLC system running the coaster but not from a operator station.
I've seen electricians over ride interlocks with everything from duct tape, tie wraps, and jumper wires.

The Tuna

Not so sure - This one has legs simply because it's DISNEY and it seems to have captured the public's attention, Especially in light of the labor force participation numbers it's a bit hard to believe that there are no workers in the US qualified to do the work.
We had an issue with this up here in Canada. Temporary Foreign Workers program was being exploited by McD's and Tim Horton's along with one of the big banks. The rich get richer. The boneheads got sussed out though and the program was suspended. Allegedly.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've seen electricians over ride interlocks with everything from duct tape, tie wraps, and jumper wires.

As have I, And I've told them that I'm going to turn my back for a minute of so and that better be gone when I look in that direction again and you had better have a proper lockout, I'm not getting hurt because someone is too lazy to take a walk or get a helper with a radio so overrides can be properly managed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We had an issue with this up here in Canada. Temporary Foreign Workers program was being exploited by McD's and Tim Horton's along with one of the big banks. The rich get richer. The boneheads got sussed out though and the program was suspended. Allegedly.

Ah yes the 'No Canadians Need Apply for Fast Food and IT jobs' problem

The Tuna

Some are better than others, though.
The one in the little alcove between Casey's Corner and the Crystal Palace is actually quite nice, and very cold.

Wow, really!? You should!
The American Adventure is great.
It doesn't get a lot of attention because of its age and subject matter, but it's still probably the pinnacle of audio animatronics as an artform.
You have won me over. I'm going in next trip.

Nubs70

As have I, And I've told them that I'm going to turn my back for a minute of so and that better be gone when I look in that direction again and you had better have a proper lockout, I'm not getting hurt because someone is too lazy to take a walk or get a helper with a radio so overrides can be properly managed.
I've seen the practice used as a legitimate form of trouble shooting but to be properly done, it I'd in maintenance "mode", interlocks overides are documented when installed and removed with 2 party signatures at each step in the process.

You are putting your name on the line and better be darn well sure it is done right.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've seen the practice used as a legitimate form of trouble shooting but to be properly done, it I'd in maintenance "mode", interlocks overides are documented when installed and removed with 2 party signatures at each step in the process.

You are putting your name on the line and better be darn well sure it is done right.

As have I - but there is a big difference between bypassing a sensor when the system is in maintenance mode and when a sensor is bypassed in operation to make someone's life 'easier', I've purchased equipment that the major faults have been where safety systems have been improperly bypassed and restoring the safety systems restores the equipment to full function.

Cesar R M

That's...insane.

I guess it goes to show you that it's not only modern Disney that can take a massive mis-step.

What better way to celebrate something at Disneyland than by putting a symbol of exactly the type of thing Disneyland was created to not be smack dab in the two most obnoxious places possible.
hey, at least it was usable!.. unlike the BAH ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom