A Spirited Perfect Ten

Goofyernmost

As a non American I didn't bother with HoP for years. Finally decided to go in a couple trips back and loved it. great attraction indeed. May have to check out the American Adventure this time as well as I can't remember ever going in to see it in all my visits.
Do not miss American Adventure. If you were impressed with HoP you will be absolutely speechless about American Adventure. Yes, it is a show about American History, but, it isn't all sugar coated, especially the civil war sections, but the AA's and the associated show is absolutely incredible.

Phil12

Interesting to see it mirrored in MSN.com
But still gone from the huff?
It's still gone from HuffPost for the same reason:

The HuffPost said, "This blogger's posts are no longer available on The Huffington Post due to inaccuracies in representations he made regarding his professional affiliations."

TeriofTerror

I'm a little scared to post this. Okay; maybe more than a little. Therefore, if you want to hurt me, please keep in mind that I'm very sleep-deprived because I'm fostering an extremely young puppy so my judgement may be impaired.

There's no doubt that Epcot is underperforming. It's also fair to say that the Frozen makeover is a poor fit and doesn't belong in Epcot. But...

We all know that if that's the only place six-year-old girls can meet Anna and Elsa, then every family with young girls now has to visit Epcot. It's (in the words of my daughter as a toddler) "nongotiabo" (non-negotiable). So suddenly Epcot gets a big attendance bump and Disney execs sprain their wrists from patting themselves on the back. So... is this going to lead to Epcot being bastardized into Magic Kingdom: TNG?
(Hiding under the table for fear people are throwing things.)

Disneyhead'71

I'm a little scared to post this. Okay; maybe more than a little. Therefore, if you want to hurt me, please keep in mind that I'm very sleep-deprived because I'm fostering an extremely young puppy so my judgement may be impaired.

There's no doubt that Epcot is underperforming. It's also fair to say that the Frozen makeover is a poor fit and doesn't belong in Epcot. But...

We all know that if that's the only place six-year-old girls can meet Anna and Elsa, then every family with young girls now has to visit Epcot. It's (in the words of my daughter as a toddler) "nongotiabo" (non-negotiable). So suddenly Epcot gets a big attendance bump and Disney execs sprain their wrists from patting themselves on the back. So... is this going to lead to Epcot being bastardized into Magic Kingdom: TNG?
Happening as we speak. The toons are doing their happy dance on the dead carcass of EPCOT Center.

Mike S

Wouldn't throw things at you. That's for the Disney execs who continue making these decisions.

Bairstow

That certainly seems to be the direction we're heading in, especially if Disney is not going to be able to court new corporate sponsors to update Future World.

Of course, any attendance bump Epcot gets is probably going to be tempered somewhat by the inevitable guest relations catastrophe that is the Frozen ride's pitiful hourly capacity.

circle-of-life-sign-00.jpg

Gran_Fiesta_Tour_at_Epcot.jpg

the_seas_with_nemo.jpg

Omnispace

That certainly seems to be the direction we're heading in, especially if Disney is not going to be able to court new corporate sponsors to update Future World.

Of course, any attendance bump Epcot gets is probably going to be tempered somewhat by the inevitable guest relations catastrophe that is the Frozen ride's pitiful hourly capacity.

circle-of-life-sign-00.jpg

Gran_Fiesta_Tour_at_Epcot.jpg

the_seas_with_nemo.jpg

Very well put. Actually, it's been a long time since Disney has been the type of company that would need corporate partnerships to help finance their attractions. They actually have the ability to host up and coming companies, foster new technologies and creative development. Epcot could take on an entirely new role for a new era if Disney would open their purse strings.

Goofyernmost

Bairstow

Stitchon

Oh, I won't point out that this announcement could have been likely made when Bob and Tom were in Shanghai, yet instead comes two weeks later in a press release.

AT least the food sounds interesting, beyond the Cheesecake Factory, which is still a decent place for an Americanized meal.

I believe people once thought Cheesecake Factory was coming to Disney Springs. They'd do gangbuster business there.

Stitchon

There's one at Mall at Millenia. I was there eating with a date once and in walked Gov. Voldemort. Good location but a pain to get into.

Their newer strategy does involve filling in gaps and adding additional locations in metro areas that can support them. They just added their fourth (!) location in Las Vegas at the outlet mall out there. A second Orlando location, let alone one on Disney property, would probably do better $$$ than Millenia even.

Bairstow

Their newer strategy does involve filling in gaps and adding additional locations in metro areas that can support them. They just added their fourth (!) location in Las Vegas at the outlet mall out there. A second Orlando location, let alone one on Disney property, would probably do better $$$ than Millenia even.

I'd certainly be onboard if they could get Jordan Mozer to design the interior for them like he did for their Chicago location.
It would be an interesting counterpoint to his work on Mythos.

the-cheesecake-factory.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom