A Spirited Perfect Ten

choco choco

Look, another live-action remake of a Fantasia segment: Night on Bald Mountain

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...c-fantasia-sequence-799554?utm_source=twitter

Would much rather have that cancelled Sorcerer's Apprentice sequel starring Chernabog as the villain than this. At least then you'd have the glorious visual of Nicolas Cage fighting him.

Or you know, a third Fantasia. Or Tron 3.

*sigh*

Remember in the early 2000's when Disney was making those awful direct-to-video sequels to their classic animated films (Cinderella 2, Bambi 2 etc..)?

This is worse. The films aren't any better and the direct-to-video sequels didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars and waste the talents of dozens of gifted filmmakers.

FigmentJedi

*sigh*

Remember in the early 2000's when Disney was making those awful direct-to-video sequels to their classic animated films (Cinderella 2, Bambi 2 etc..)?

This is worse. The films aren't any better and the direct-to-video sequels didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars and waste the talents of dozens of gifted filmmakers.
Bambi 2 was actually kinda decent and its story about a single father struggling with raising a child is definitely better than crap like Fox and the Hound 2's "They join a dog bluegrass band for some reason".

But yeah, this whole trend is just a more expensive and wasteful version of the cheapquel train.

baymenxpac

So has there been anymore rumors about what is going in its place. I know WWE was rumored but I thought that was dead.

i haven't heard anything else on WWE. still think it would be a great idea for them. NXT, which shoots at full sail university, actually runs at a financial loss, despite being incredibly popular and probably the hottest wrestling promotion in north america. i wonder if they could get UNI to pick up some of the production costs in a deal where they would bring some of their tapings there and pair it with a physical hall of fame (which is high on triple h's agenda).

Mike S

Ok, so I'm sitting in Coney Island by the carousel charging my phone and waiting for a concert (the Cyclone was very fun, didn't ride the Primeval Whirl clone I posted a picture of earlier) and what's going on next to me? A guy training new employees on how to give great experiences and exceed guests expectations in some conference room. He brought up Disney as an example and said how they would shut down a ride if one eye on an AA wasn't working. It's taking every fiber of my being to not go in and tell him he has outdated information.

Bairstow

Ok, so I'm sitting in Coney Island by the carousel charging my phone and waiting for a concert (the Cyclone was very fun, didn't ride the Primeval Whirl clone I posted a picture of earlier) and what's going on next to me? A guy training new employees on how to give great experiences and exceed guests expectations in some conference room. He brought up Disney as an example and said how they would shut down a ride if one eye on an AA wasn't working. It's taking every fiber of my being to not go in and tell him he has outdated information.

It just goes to show you that Disney has been cashing in on the reputation for quality built up during the '70s, '80s, and early '90s.

It may be that the popular perception of impeccable Disney quality never goes away. If so, the company can happily exploit that reputation forever, without ever having to live up to it ever again.

125361088_6d75616569_b.jpg

baymenxpac

yup, people still use this trope all the time. when barclays center opened in brooklyn, press releases touted that fact that employees were trained using disney management techniques or whatever. when i waited 45 minutes for a quesadilla on a november weekday game, i knew they weren't lying!

bhg469

Stop by spumoni gardens for a couple squares and a pistachio spumoni!

Stevek

yup, people still use this trope all the time. when barclays center opened in brooklyn, press releases touted that fact that employees were trained using disney management techniques or whatever. when i waited 45 minutes for a quesadilla on a november weekday game, i knew they weren't lying!
The Disney concept is still strong...the actual execution within many parts of the organization is what is flawed.

ItlngrlBella

I used it when I was an Admissions Counselor/Recuiter for one of our State U's - I ran the Ambassador program (students who have our tours, worked at open houses, VIP events)... We had 2-day trainings and one of my sessions was based on Disney guest service. :(

Last edited:

Stevek

Actually I would love for them to do the Kingdom Keeper book series as movies. Great books for kids to read and actually really really good. Well the first 3 the 4th dragged a little...
I don't think they'd do as great as some folks think at the movies...but I do think they'd do reasonably well as Disney Channel movies. Funny you comment about the First 4 books...I thought 1-3 were the best of the bunch but they dragged a bit once they got to the cruise ship, especially when Ridley started working Mongello into the books.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
It just goes to show you that Disney has been cashing in on the reputation for quality built up during the '70s, '80s, and early '90s.

It may be that the popular perception of impeccable Disney quality never goes away. If so, the company can happily exploit that reputation forever, without ever having to live up to it ever again.

125361088_6d75616569_b.jpg

Actuator failure happens all the time. The problem is when it does happen, it can damage the AA. Newer actuators have failure protection that should prevent damage. Sometimes the structure fails. When that happens, the unit can get torn up from the actuators normal operation.

Why did I post the previous paragraph in response to the picture? Things like actuator failures happen. The difference is in how long it takes to fix it. It all comes back to the importance of maintenance and the commitment to the show. Maintenance and show have been taking a back seat at the parks for quite some time. Hopefully that will change.

*1023*

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I don't think they'd do as great as some folks think at the movies...but I do think they'd do reasonably well as Disney Channel movies. Funny you comment about the First 4 books...I thought 1-3 were the best of the bunch but they dragged a bit once they got to the cruise ship, especially when Ridley started working Mongello into the books.
Im on the second book, thanks for the spoiler!:mad::mad:

In all fairness, I guess Id rather be aware that Mongello is gonna pop up. Now I may not throw up in my mouth when I read it.

gmajew

Premium Member

I completely agree. Book 3 it started but book 4 and down were questionable still good but dragged. Have not read 7 yet. My son gets to read them first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom