A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

A fourth theater would be ideal though. Because then the ride is essentially a people-eater. With four theaters coupled with new additions to Future World (not likely), Soarin' might be able to sustain 30-45 min waits during peak times/seasons. Possibly 55-60 min during Christmas and early July.

Frozenstrom is going to be horrid with capacity. Almost seems like TDO is making the ride low-capacity to force people to extend their vacations for a chance to ride it...
Could Frozenstrom become the first "FP+ Only" attraction?

Goofyernmost

So you think Mermaid is up to par with Pirates and Haunted Mansion?

No, there are questionable motivations for labeling something "E". If looking strictly for massive detail and story then they haven't actually built a "E" tickets since ToT, but "E" was not defined that way. Otherwise how did the Tiki Room, IASW, Dumbo, (a spinner actually), Country Bears and others get that label? It wasn't based on the same criteria that all of us amateur Theme Park experts think it was. So in line with a fairly good dark ride, family oriented and had a short, but, still understandable story line it could easily have been officially labeled as such back when it wasn't just a long memory and an imaginary rating. That is why it is time to retire that tired old concept of what is an "E" ticket and what isn't. It is completely objective and a simple choice. If you like it then it's an E equivalent, if you don't then pick any random letter out of the alphabet and it means the same thing.

mahnamahna101

Good for Universal Studios Florida, but I'm surprised that Islands didn't get a bigger bump from the Hogwarts Express.
Most probably entered USF first. IOA will get its increase when Kong opens, JP gets more than just an interactive show, and the MSHI revamp is finished (complete with an Avengers E-ticket and possibly something SHIELD related?)

Both will pass 9 million by 2016, so I doubt Comcast is worried too much. Especially if guest spending continues to grow, even by 1-3% each quarter!

RSoxNo1

Actually..... I asked a friend about that once. They told me that China will only send their pandas for permanent display (or rental, as is more like it) to zoos, educational facilities and non-profits.

Here's something fun. The cubs? They belong to China and China dictates where they go once the cub hits 4 years old. Plus a one-time fee on $600,000 for a "Baby Tax".... on top of the $1M/yr rental fee.
I asked Joe Rohde about this at the 2013 D23 Expo and he explicitly said that as a "for-profit" institution the Chinese government is "less willing" to give Pandas. Sounds like it's not happening any time soon.

Mike C

Last edited:

Bairstow

17% for just half a year of Diagon Alley being open is pretty impressive, it does look like first entry went heavy to USF.

I wish there was some way to monkey around with TEAs numbers that does or doesn't take into account the "first entry" rule. The Magic Kingdom's numbers would probably explode even more.

hpyhnt 1000

I wish there was some way to monkey around with TEAs numbers that does or doesn't take into account the "first entry" rule. The Magic Kingdom's numbers would probably explode even more.

I think it might be the opposite. I imagine a significant chunk of people might start their days at AK or DHS before heading to MK in the afternoon to take advantage of the later operating hours and entertainment. I'd also imagine the same for Epcot, especially for the dinner rush in World Showcase and evening music/IllumiNations.

On an unrelated thing related to news/reporters/corporate ownership, I thought @WDW1974 and a few others might get a kick out of this article that I stumbled upon today (it's from Dec 2014 but still an interesting read). While it has a lot of gossipy stuff related to Meet the Press, there are some interesting nuggets on the corporate maneuvers and lobbying that take place. Keep in mind these are the same people supposedly unbiasedly reporting the "news."

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/how-david-gregory-lost-his-job/

space42

No, there are questionable motivations for labeling something "E". If looking strictly for massive detail and story then they haven't actually built a "E" tickets since ToT, but "E" was not defined that way. Otherwise how did the Tiki Room, IASW, Dumbo, (a spinner actually), Country Bears and others get that label? It wasn't based on the same criteria that all of us amateur Theme Park experts think it was. So in line with a fairly good dark ride, family oriented and had a short, but, still understandable story line it could easily have been officially labeled as such back when it wasn't just a long memory and an imaginary rating. That is why it is time to retire that tired old concept of what is an "E" ticket and what isn't. It is completely objective and a simple choice. If you like it then it's an E equivalent, if you don't then pick any random letter out of the alphabet and it means the same thing.

Couldn't disagree more :)

First off - Dumbo was never an E-Ticket - it is a C.

E-Ticket is a simple measure of quality, scope, scale,detail, cost, and in turn end up being the most popular attractions. They obviously still use the term internally as do some of the fans when discussing quality, scope, scale, etc.
It is not as subjective as you claim.

If you can't tell the difference between attractions like Pirates, Mansion, Country Bears, Original Imagination, Tiki Room, IASW, American Adventure, Splash, Horizons, SSE,TOT etc and newer attractions like - Mermaid, TSMM, Soarin', ect then I can see why you believe what you wrote. But some DO see the difference.

And it is true - WDW haven't built a true E-Ticket since TOT (or Everest if they could get it up to show quality). Either way - that is an extremely long time for a company that once prided itself on building such attractions...

Cesar R M

Well, werent Tiki room, IASW and Country Bears some of the most "amazing" animatronics on their era?

AEfx

Yes. Believe it or not, some people think that is a high quality show and really love it.

I think it's the same crowd that loved the hat.

I honestly don't even know if it's so much that - it's that there is just so little to DO at that park.

I still see it when I'm there, mostly because if I am going to take the time to go to the Studios, I can do RnR/ToT/GMR/ST in a couple of hours. I'm certainly not going to stand in a 90 minute line for TSM, and there aren't even any decent or fun quick service restaurants to sit and take a break in. And aside from the massively overcrowded area at the end of Sunset, there really aren't that many places to just take a load off.

In short, it's really the only place that you can sit down for 20-30 min and relax. The show is a bonus, LOL. And for families, it's really just one of the only things they can do together, period.

PhotoDave219

17% for just half a year of Diagon Alley being open is pretty impressive, it does look like first entry went heavy to USF.

Still TEA numbers seem off (in both directions) for Orlando. DHS and DAK in particular would have to be at capacity more often than not. MK may be inflated too, but it's closer.

For a change from 2013? I dont see it that way. MK & DAK should have shown significant grown, Epcot Chugged along and DHS was treading water. How I see it anyways.... Of course my research isnt coming to any of the same numbers.

RSoxNo1

Couldn't disagree more :)

First off - Dumbo was never an E-Ticket - it is a C.

E-Ticket is a simple measure of quality, scope, scale,detail, cost, and in turn end up being the most popular attractions. They obviously still use the term internally as do some of the fans when discussing quality, scope, scale, etc.
It is not as subjective as you claim.

If you can't tell the difference between attractions like Pirates, Mansion, Country Bears, Original Imagination, Tiki Room, IASW, American Adventure, Splash, Horizons, SSE,TOT etc and newer attractions like - Mermaid, TSMM, Soarin', ect then I can see why you believe what you wrote. But some DO see the difference.

And it is true - WDW haven't built a true E-Ticket since TOT (or Everest if they could get it up to show quality). Either way - that is an extremely long time for a company that once prided itself on building such attractions...
Dumbo is a B ticket and Kilimanjaro Safaris is absolutely an E-ticket that was built since Tower of Terror. Everest is an E-ticket, despite it's flaws.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom