A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

Primeval Whirl, is that you?
image.jpg

Animaniac93-98

I honestly don't even know if it's so much that - it's that there is just so little to DO at that park.

I still see it when I'm there, mostly because if I am going to take the time to go to the Studios, I can do RnR/ToT/GMR/ST in a couple of hours. I'm certainly not going to stand in a 90 minute line for TSM, and there aren't even any decent or fun quick service restaurants to sit and take a break in. And aside from the massively overcrowded area at the end of Sunset, there really aren't that many places to just take a load off.

In short, it's really the only place that you can sit down for 20-30 min and relax. The show is a bonus, LOL. And for families, it's really just one of the only things they can do together, period.

There's that aspect for sure, but I'm talking about the fans who love it mainly because it's DISNEY Beauty and the Beast® and don't mind that it's several steps below the quality of anything the company has done on Broadway, the cruise ships or in their other parks (including neighbouring Animal Kingdom).

Goofyernmost

Well, werent Tiki room, IASW and Country Bears some of the most "amazing" animatronics on their era?
Tiki and Country Bears were, but, ISAW certainly wasn't an amazing animatronic display unless you count shear numbers of one movement dolls. That was based on popularity, so if you go by those standards then you have Toy Story, Soarin, The current Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear and the Frozen M&G's labeled "E". However, my point is that since Disney no longer assigns or promotes attractions based on those letters, no one really knows what they might label them now. How we view them and what we rate them are strictly personal preferences. One size does not fit all. And please, no one tell me that Rasulo called one of them an "E". I doubt he knew were the parks even are located much less the difference between quality and cost. There, however, would have had to be many other considerations when those determinations were made. Regardless, there is no longer any "E" ticket attractions, they are all clumped into on big park(s) and left to the Guest to determine what is best for them.

gmajew

Premium Member
Look, another live-action remake of a Fantasia segment: Night on Bald Mountain

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...c-fantasia-sequence-799554?utm_source=twitter

Would much rather have that cancelled Sorcerer's Apprentice sequel starring Chernabog as the villain than this. At least then you'd have the glorious visual of Nicolas Cage fighting him.

Or you know, a third Fantasia. Or Tron 3.

Actually I would love for them to do the Kingdom Keeper book series as movies. Great books for kids to read and actually really really good. Well the first 3 the 4th dragged a little...

Phil12

But I vet my sources better than probably 99% of 'real reporters' and I also wait on things when I am no certain. In this case, I've been hounded and pushed by people who want 'evidence' but really only want Disney press releases and photos that they can turn around and use in a lame-**** way of discrediting me in their minds.

So, the info is out. More info is on the way -- on my schedule -- when I can place it out. But, as I've said before, it's only going to further back up everything I've been saying all along. And the doubters and haters will doubt and hate and pick someone to be on the site 18 hours a day tossing up crap (and, hey, that's great for the site because clicks matter, right?)
Spirit, I've been following your posts since the LP days. I have found your writing style to be very entertaining and you're able to hold interest by weaving interesting stories about show business. You're a wonderful writer and you know your audience. I haven't followed you all these years for the purpose of discrediting your information. But what I and others (but I'll let them speak for themselves) are concerned about is your continual expression of opinion and wishful thinking as fact.

Let me share with you a quote from Isaac Asimov that sums up my concern in your reports about TWDC and China: "I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be.”

You continually criticize members that question your reports as defamers who want nothing more than to damage your reputation. Frankly, it's not about you Spirit. I just want accurate information that can be verified and vetted from multiple sources to insure its accuracy. Common sense and logic demands that information must be gained and evaluated from multiple sources in order to garner the truth. It's foolish for anyone to accept the word of one politician, one banker, one doctor, one lawyer, one priest, one rabbi or one contractor when trying to ascertain the best information.

Your paranoia about how you're hated by various factions seems to be very ego driven. Again, frankly, I don't care. I have no desire to meet you, talk to you or reveal your true identity. Why would I or anyone in TWDC care about some anonymous message board poster? When you go off on these tangents, you appear to be nothing more than a name dropper. It seems you need to reduce your insecurity and boost your image or popularity by dropping names of Disney executives and how much they fear the information you reveal. I assume that gives you some level of self-gratification. I tend to look the other way when you engage in these histrionics.

All in all, the entertainment value is worth the time spent in reading. And I hope you understand that multiple sources for these facts are important. After all, if I listened to only one source for my information, I'd still be calling Caitlyn Jenner a man and thinking of her as a mentally ill cross dresser.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Actually I would love for them to do the Kingdom Keeper book series as movies. Great books for kids to read and actually really really good. Well the first 3 the 4th dragged a little...
Something about Keepers just puts me off. There's the confusing holograms/cartoon characters becoming real technology, the Disney Channel-esque focus on teenagers while established Disney characters take a backseat, reducing Park OCs to mindless animatronic drones for the villains.

I'd much rather see an attempt at Kingdom Hearts then Keepers, though that has even more confusing lore to distill into something average moviegoers could wrap their head around.

gmajew

Premium Member
Something about Keepers just puts me off. There's the confusing holograms/cartoon characters becoming real technology, the Disney Channel-esque focus on teenagers while established Disney characters take a backseat, reducing Park OCs to mindless animatronic drones for the villains.

I'd much rather see an attempt at Kingdom Hearts then Keepers, though that has even more confusing lore to distill into something average moviegoers could wrap their head around.

I don't disagree with you at all but the parks is the setting yeah it is confusing but it is entertaining and the script writers could make it so they are not all animatronics. Really the books not everything is anyways.

Funmeister

If they are going to continue to "remake" animated films into live action I would like to request The Black Cauldron and Atlantis. Treasure Planet might not be that bad either.

Instead we will probably get Home on the Range.

FigmentJedi

If they are going to continue to "remake" animated films into live action I would like to request The Black Cauldron and Atlantis. Treasure Planet might not be that bad either.

Instead we will probably get Home on the Range.
No they won't. Westerns are deader then dead now thanks to Lone Ranger.

Lee

Adventurer
If that is all you want you are in the wrong forum.
Not just the wrong forum, the wrong type of site.
Internet message boards are where you come to get the rumors, the leaks, the stuff you aren't supposed to know about.

If someone requires multiple named sources, footnotes and references...gonna be disappointed.

At some point it has to be more about trusting the poster and his/her track record. That's what sites like this offer instead of multiple, verified sources.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom