A Spirited Perfect Ten

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It went from NY Strip to Sirloin to something else and then Pot Roast. It went downhill.
I'm not arguing that Prime Time has gone down hill. I'm rejecting your premise that the dining plan is to blame.

Again, if the dining plan is what sent it down hill, why wouldn't the other restaurants also have seen a similar decline?

PhotoDave219

I'm not arguing that Prime Time has gone down hill. I'm rejecting your premise that the dining plan is to blame.

Again, if the dining plan is what sent it down hill, why wouldn't the other restaurants also have seen a similar decline?

Look, I've got other things I'm examining. Looking at a DP all day isnt one of them.

Bairstow

Except that just Disney abandoning a park would be huge news. That would be enough to shock people. What nobody seems able to answer is why Shanghai would toss away two decades of work? Why they are waiting instead of just acting now? What is the gain in having an opening and then ditching the namesake of the park? Why is that better done then over now when the plans have been done? This is all just silly, wily speculation because people never want a "mystery" to have a mundane explanation.

Again, it wouldn't appear as if Disney had abandoned anything.

hopemax

I ned historical menus to prove my point. Nobody has those.

It went from NY Strip to Sirloin to something else and then Pot Roast. It went downhill.

I already posted this up thread, or somewhere else on this forum. Many menu updates can be found by using the Internet Wayback Machine to look at AllEarsNet's menu database. And I'm sure other websites menu databases are available as well.

So we want the dinner menu for Prime Time Cafe

This is the oldest one I can find:

https://web.archive.org/web/19970602022043/http://www.wdn.com/dwills/menu/menu_ptc.htm

Web address change

https://web.archive.org/web/19990911160604/http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menu_ptc.htm

And use the scroll at the top, to work through the dates.

Pot Roast was on the menu in 1998, AND they had a Rib Eye.

Feb 2000 - no Pot Roast, still Rib Eye

July 2000 - Rib Eye is replaced with the NY Strip

Dec 2001 - Pot Roast comes back, but NY Strip is still on the menu

Now separate, lunch and dinner menus. Lunch is the link above, Dinner https://web.archive.org/web/20030213180122/http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_ptcd.htm

May 2002 - Down to just the Pot Roast

Feb 2003 - Strip comes back, with the Pot Roast

Website addresses changed https://web.archive.org/web/20070114170640/http://www.allears.net/menu/menu_ptcd.htm

Aug 2006 - Down to Pot Roast

Dec 2006 - Appearance of the Sirloin, but still have Pot Roast

Nov 2007 - same

Jan 2008 - same

Nov 2008 - same

July 2009 - pot roast and "char-grilled Butcher Tender Steak"

stayed the same until

Sept 2011 - no steak, just Pot Roast

Last edited:

BernardandBianca

Because if they just outright take it, they will have problems convincing other major companies to invest. Essentially, what they do is invite you in and make sure you play by their rules. At some point, they will take the ideas you have and figure out a way to use them in other places but it wouldn't be an outright seizure because that would upset foreign investment. This can be made to look like just a failure of communication.

Maybe we're not putting two and two together in a big enough conspiracy-type scenario. China is doing a crackdown on graft and corruption, and Disney has a "missing" $800M. I could see a scenario where the park is finished and doing reasonable well, and then the CCP "discovers" that the $800M was spent on bribes etc. related to the park. So as a good government trying to clean up its act, they take the ill-gotten gains (the park) away from Disney as a showpiece illustrating their seriousness at cleaning up their act, and businesses throughout the world can understand that action.

lazyboy97o

Maybe we're not putting two and two together in a big enough conspiracy-type scenario. China is doing a crackdown on graft and corruption, and Disney has a "missing" $800M. I could see a scenario where the park is finished and doing reasonable well, and then the CCP "discovers" that the $800M was spent on bribes etc. related to the park. So as a good government trying to clean up its act, they take the ill-gotten gains (the park) away from Disney as a showpiece illustrating their seriousness at cleaning up their act, and businesses throughout the world can understand that action.
The $800 million is missing as much as any other Parks and Resorts expenditure that is not detailed.

Phil12

Who said $800M is missing? This is how rumors get started.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Except that just Disney abandoning a park would be huge news. That would be enough to shock people. What nobody seems able to answer is why Shanghai would toss away two decades of work? Why they are waiting instead of just acting now? What is the gain in having an opening and then ditching the namesake of the park? Why is that better done then over now when the plans have been done? This is all just silly, wily speculation because people never want a "mystery" to have a mundane explanation.

Who pays attention to stuff like this, WE do, Analysts SHOULD but as long as the stock price is high and the Kardashians are on what happens in China might as well happen on Mars to the average american

PhotoDave219

Who pays attention to stuff like this, WE do, Analysts SHOULD but as long as the stock price is high and the Kardashians are on what happens in China might as well happen on Mars to the average american

I am completely in favor of launching the Kardashian's into space, but towards mercury. I don't want to Risk An intergalactic throwdown with whatever Martians may or may not exist.

I mean it would be like trying to build a theme park on Mars. The Martians call the shots. You can think you have some sort of control but that's only at the discretion of the Martians.

And then, when it's all Said & done & you've invested your money? The Martians very well may just take your theme park and force you out.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Man, the hate is real. @WDW1974 drops some info in regards to Shanghai and almost immediately its questioned by some (which is fine), yet its done in a very accusatory manor. Yet those that dared question AustinC when he dropped his "fair and balanced" report on MM+ were met with disdain by members who were oddly eager to defend Austin and plead to him to understand that our community is full of cynics. It was almost pathetic to see people begging for his approval while endeavoring to put down other members of this forum. Maybe one day Austin will be in the bathroom stall next you and you can tap your foot under the divider and hope for the best!

The difference between what 74 put out and what Austin C "reported" is that 74 simply put out information without ANY emotional appeal to the reader. It was just information. Austin C peppered his article with manipulation. "During my return monorail ride back to the hotel one cool winter night, two exhausted parents, baby carriages in tow and a tuckered-out young girl wrapped around Dad’s neck, tell me the MagicBand is a lifesaver; they couldn’t imagine going back to the old system, with all those paper tickets and FastPasses."

Id respect it more if he had tried to seek out the opposite of that scenario because it most certainly exists, yet he ignored it. Ill be looking forward to additional information on Shanghai since it wont be cluttered with garbage trying to convince me of how to feel about it. And this post is in no way to defend 74, just reminding people of how it went down with the Fast Company story.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I am completely in favor of launching the Kardashian's into space, but towards mercury. I don't want to Risk An intergalactic throwdown with whatever Martians may or may not exist.

I mean it would be like trying to build a theme park on Mars. The Martians call the shots. You can think you have some sort of control but that's only at the discretion of the Martians.

And then, when it's all Said & done & you've invested your money? The Martians very well may just take your theme park and force you out.
Its funny how yesterdays and todays HUGE headlines are all about Caitlin Jenner while the Patiot Act expiring gets 1 minute of airtime at the end of certain broadcasts.

TalkingHead

Man, the hate is real. @WDW1974 drops some info in regards to Shanghai and almost immediately its questioned by some (which is fine), yet its done in a very accusatory manor. Yet those that dared question AustinC when he dropped his "fair and balanced" report on MM+ were met with disdain by members who were oddly eager to defend Austin and plead to him to understand that our community is full of cynics.

Well said.

The difference between what 74 put out and what Austin C "reported" is that 74 simply put out information without ANY emotional appeal to the reader. It was just information. Austin C peppered his article with manipulation. "During my return monorail ride back to the hotel one cool winter night, two exhausted parents, baby carriages in tow and a tuckered-out young girl wrapped around Dad’s neck, tell me the MagicBand is a lifesaver; they couldn’t imagine going back to the old system, with all those paper tickets and FastPasses."

Yep, and he disappeared without answering some of the more pointed follow-up questions.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well maybe if we don't mention the patriot act expired, nobody will ask for it to be renewed.
Im just assuming they slipped in and approved some new "act" yesterday while everybody was fawning over Bruce, er I mean Catlins magazine cover. I'm sure there was some farming bill that passed and had provisions for them to continue doing all the spying lol

MerlinTheGoat

The attacks, hate and accusations towards 74 come as no surprise. This veritable truthbomb of information i'm sure is quite a dangerous threat to Iger and company along with his maniacal defenders. To me, this desperation is absolute proof that 74 is really starting to make important people squirm within the company (along with the people of questionable sanity who shill for them). I would probably take it as a good sign actually.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
It depends what you mean by impressive. This is even more "impressive".

View attachment 95346

Too bad Iger has spent more than $40 billion inflating stock price with buybacks, rather than investing in something that could assure future growth. :(

Yeah, so what?!?!

He bought Pixar, Marvel and Lucas and they make waaaay kewl movies that make billions ... and some people assume they always will.

Iger is a genius. If being a great shopper with other people's money makes one a genius.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom