A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrerJon

Kong, Mako, Cobra's Curse, and now Volcano Bay.

Your move Mickey.

They already announced it. Pandora World of Avatar is going to be the Potter Swatter... erm I mean Transformers Trasher... no wait, Kong Krusher... oh, actually it's the Volcano Bay Basher... Mako Masher? No? Erm, OK, how about...

Star Wars cupcakes (they're magical!) and *four* Fastpass Plusses in advance! Yup that'll do, take that Universal! :happy:

BrerJon

Boy, Universal are really rubbing Disney's noses in it with their PR department.

"It will be set in a highly themed, completely immersive environment... the kind of special place that only the Universal team – the same team that has changed the face of Universal Orlando Resort in recent years - can envision and create"

"Volcano Bay shows how Universal Orlando is continuing to evolve at an unprecedented rate that will not slow anytime soon"

In other words, 'who's the daddy?'

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

There will be a few figures. I don't know the specifics of them yet.

And screens.

*sigh*

I have to admit that I'm curious about one thing...in Maelstrom, we entered the ride by going up that dark tunnel with Odin's eye strobing everywhere (a very neat effect BTW). What's going to replace it?

Bairstow

Oh, then that means what? Snow swirling in the dark?

Good question.
I haven't heard whether this is going to be a "book report" type dark ride that follows the plot of the movie or not.
Assuming it does follow the plot of the movie, even loosely, there's got to be some point in the ride where "things go wrong" and everything starts to freeze. The most logical place to put that turn would either be during the lift hill (which is probably too early) or in what used to be the troll room, which will have plenty of space for full-sized figures and can be easily sealed off with doors if they're wanting to have zones of differing temperature to further the sensation of the world freezing.

Bairstow

Cobra's Curse

Have we talked about this yet?
Mack spinners are hilarious to ride.

wpid-behindthrills_2015-05-28_06-07-48.jpg

GLaDOS

It's ashame the weenie looks so much like Typhoon lagoon...

I think the art is a bit misleading. The volcano, and a lot of the park features, seem to be significantly shrunk down for the art in order to give a better overview of the project. I expect the volcano to look much bigger than the fairly small Mount Mayday.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think the art is a bit misleading. The volcano, and a lot of the park features, seem to be significantly shrunk down for the art in order to give a better overview of the project. I expect the volcano to look much bigger than the fairly small Mount Mayday.

Even with different scales... the similarities are impossible to ignore. The mount backdrop over the wave pool.. spurting water and run off on the mountain, etc.

I know the practical purposes for the setup choices.. but it really sets themselves up for 'copy cat' claims.

Steel City Magic

Hey all, I've been flying alot lately and I've discoved that podcasts really get me through a long flight. I was curious if anyone could recommend a good one? Seems all the ones I've found are more Disney cinema or marvel, less WDW and certainly not about new construction, imagineering or d23 stuff. Was hoping for more armchair imagineering, parks news or even weekly updates for construction.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Even with different scales... the similarities are impossible to ignore. The mount backdrop over the wave pool.. spurting water and run off on the mountain, etc.

I know the practical purposes for the setup choices.. but it really sets themselves up for 'copy cat' claims.

I was afraid it would look too much like DisneySea's volcano, but I think it so far looks different enough from either one, let's see what the final result looks like

Bairstow

Hey all, I've been flying alot lately and I've discoved that podcasts really get me through a long flight. I was curious if anyone could recommend a good one? Seems all the ones I've found are more Disney cinema or marvel, less WDW and certainly not about new construction, imagineering or d23 stuff. Was hoping for more armchair imagineering, parks news or even weekly updates for construction.

Season Pass Podcast: This one's about themed entertainment in general but Disney parks are the most frequent topics of conversation. The interviews with imagineers like Tony Baxter, Bob Gurr, and Gary Goddard are essential listening for Disney geeks.
http://www.seasonpasspodcast.com/archive/index.html (scroll down to actually see the content)

Disney Dish: On the whole, very good. Their current history of Disneyland is fascinating. Try and stay away from any of the live walk-through podcasts, though; the sounds of Jim Hill breathing into the mic are not altogether pleasant.
http://podbay.fm/show/452620851

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom