A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

China reminds me of Japan of the early 20th century growing industy and society yet...

This will be like all major conflicts Should it break out. America will be reluctant but in the end will have to finish it. This isn't Iraq, this is much more. It's the reason Japan and Australia wants us to unmothball the F-22 line and sell them some.

People astonish me in thinking that humans have had some sort of an epithany against starting wars for reasons beyond reason. Got news for them, humans are humans. American are so sheltered, most have no clue of the carnage that's taking place in places next door like Mexico because they only equate it with ports of call when cruising.

You mean where @Cesar R M lives?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Historical Musing:

So, tonight after an absolutely (less than) amazing ice cream at ... wait for it ... wait for it ... the local BK (we really don't have an ice cream joint in our little hamlet of wealth and privilege ... who knew that wealthy South Americans didn't like ice cream?), I was out in my garage looking for something and I wound up finding two Disney 'treasures'.

OK, only one was. That was an original 1982 EPCOT Center wall map that had actually hung on my childhood wall. Yes, even four little thumbtack holes, so no fanboi who collects things in perfect condition (i.e. never used or enjoyed) would have any interest. But I was surprised to see the item in question ... something a decade older than the @EPCOT Explorer, who likely has bought copies of the original and the fake Disney made a few years ago on eBay.

The other item was what I thought would be worth 10 minutes of posting time for a little perspective. It was a WDW Times and Information Guide for October of 1994. About when the resort was at its zenith. When it seemed like Disney could do no wrong, even in the swamps. On the cover was the Disney-MGM Studios Chinese Theater, Monorail Red when it was new gliding by EPCOT with trees in bloom and Cindy's castle with a Hub full of trees.

Yes, on second thought it does seem like ancient history.

Want to buy a ticket for all the fun The Vacation Kingdom has to offer? Well, we have a Four Day Value Pass (good for one day at each of the thee gates and then another day at a park of your choice with no hopping allowed) for $130.95/$102.45 (all prices included tax). Want a Four Day Park Hopper? That would set you back $141.55/$133.05. How about Five Days With Unlimited visits to Typhoon Lagoon, River Country, Pleasure Island and Discovery Island for seven straight days? That would be $189.15/$151.10.

Prices seemed perfectly fair for that era. Oh, what's that? You only have one day for one park. We can do that for $38/$30.

What I found more interesting was how very different the resort was back then, despite being in the midst of the biggest decade of growth (sadly, even Celebration was starting to sprout down US 192). First off, October was still distinctly part of the off-season. Halloween season didn't exist. No MNSSHP upcharge parties. No Food and Wine Festival at what was then being called Epcot '95 (yes, even in 10/94).

So, let' see what was going on in the parks ...

At Epcot 95 (hours the entire month were FW 9-7 and WS 11-9 with Illuminations nightly at 9), the newly-opened Innoventions was highly-touted. As was the park's very first character meal, the Under the Sea Breakfast at the Coral Reef with Goofy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie for $14.95/$7.95 (plus tax). Entertainment highlights included The World of Barbie (something all the Bronies likely enjoyed) and a Brazilian Carnivale musical show at America Gardens twice nightly.

Over at the MK, Guests were faced with the prospect of no fireworks and no night parade at all for the entire month because ... well ... because in those days they weren't considered necessary nightly entertainment. They were reserved for special periods like summer and holidays. Hours at the MK reflected this simpler time (see, it wasn't just the 70s and 80s and not all that long ago). From Oct. 1-22, the park was open daily from 9-7. From Oct. 23-31, the park was open from 9-6. Can you imagine that?

In the spotlight was the new (and very kewl) Mickey Mania Parade and the new Legend of the Lion King puppet show as well as the only character meal at the MK (breakfast at Cindy's with the same price points as Coral Reef above).

Over at Disney-MGM, the park was still reveling in the opening of the amazing Tower of Terror that summer. Park hours were (again, even with 12 resort hotels ... take a deep breath ... this was the Vacation Kingdom, not whatever it is that exists today) 9-6 daily, except Saturdays, which were 9-9 with ToT open until 10 p.m. (they had live music on Sunset Blvd. for Shriek Out Saturdays as they were called). They also had Sorcery in the Sky showing on Saturday nights at 8:50 as well.

Aladdin's Breakfast Adventure was held in the Soundstage Restaurant (only $12.95 for adults here). But they were touting actual TV production, both the Mickey Mouse Club and a Dolly Parton show called 'Heavens to Betsey' that @Lee likely watched religiously, were produced that month and they offered a number to call for tix.

Pleasure Island was touting its new Jazz Club as well as a Halloween Costume Contest on Oct. 31st. Disney Village had its annual (then) boat show in mid-month.

Typhoon Lagoon ($21.50/$16.50 plus tax), River Country ($14/$11) and Discovery Island ($9.50/$5.25) were all open daily from 10-5. A RC/DC combo ticket was offered for $16.75/$12.25.

Disney After Dark touted the Dinner Shows at the Poly and FW. Most interesting thing was the still present junior ticket for those aged 12-20. Luau prices were ($32/$24.50/$16.50). Hoop Dee-Doo was $34/$25/$17.

The whole resort vibe was alive and well ... and, yes, I so long for those days.

My only confusion is trying to recall where I stayed for the trip. I had stayed at WL for its opening week in May and the Dolphin concierge in July, but I also did multiple off-property trips in '94 and this might have been one if it wasn't Port Orleans. I hadn't discovered the amazing Halloween Horror Nights (much better in those dayss, like a lot of things yet), so I doubt UNI was part of the trip at all.

Anyway, hope someone here gets something out of this little garage discovery I made. Just a snippet in history.

Cesar R M

You're not suggesting that the only reason China has a manufacturing middle class is because Wall Street sent those jobs over there from America for the sake of profits, are you?
but heeey, lets put all the blame on "lazy" workers, immigrants and other people who should be "working even harder"(god forbid that productivity is at one of its highest points) while the rich laugh their way to the bank!

Cesar R M

China reminds me of Japan of the early 20th century growing industy and society yet...

This will be like all major conflicts Should it break out. America will be reluctant but in the end will have to finish it. This isn't Iraq, this is much more. It's the reason Japan and Australia wants us to unmothball the F-22 line and sell them some.

People astonish me in thinking that humans have had some sort of an epithany against starting wars for reasons beyond reason. Got news for them, humans are humans. American are so sheltered, most have no clue of the carnage that's taking place in places next door like Mexico because they only equate it with ports of call when cruising.
I dont think the problems of Mexico will end outright, the presidents and its corrupted brethren will continue to weaken the government body, making it go into debt, and put all the blame on the society... all while the narc problem escalates out of control.

our current inept president.. loves to use the CISEN (equivalent of the NSA) to spy in the opposition groups and candidates.. than actually attack the NARC.
its a huge business!

Also weaken and modify the constitution to let they dismantle the and sell the things that keep Mexico afloat (PEMEX aka the government "owned" oil industry) is being dismantled slowly as we speak. So I wont be surprised if somewhere soon, we will see all their profits and products being moved overseas to either the UK or the US.

Cesar R M

I think you mean Allure. I thought it got the same updates the Oasis got when it went into dry dock. Regardless best ships EVER. It would be nice if RCCL rolled out their bands to the other ship classes. Oh and I recently tried out the WiFi on the Oasis....awesomeness (and cheap $10 a day).
Aaah yes, errare humanum est.

Yes, the Allure it was!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Tomorrowland Musings:

Well, first thing is it is so nice to see a Disney film that is original and not part of a franchise. I know it isn't doing great at the box office, which isn't a surprise considering Disney doesn't have a clue how to market its films (all you have to do is look at Frozen to see that), but it gets points just for that.

I liked it. Liked it a lot. But it was flawed. The worst thing is the film truly had the possibility at greatness and it blew that. It rushed a conclusion that was too neat and left too many unanswered questions. It would have been nice to actually have seen some time spent in Tomorrowland when it was at its peak. At the end, it sorta devolved into sappy propaganda.

I love Damon Lindelof. I know him personally, which used to bother some angry disneydude on the Twitter. He is nice and genuine and genuinely talented. But while he can create great characters and complex narratives, he seems to often struggle at bringing them to a proper ending (even my beloved Lost showed this). Of course, he did have Brad Bird at his side. They went the easy route.

If you go to see it just looking for a fun and different type of film, then you'll walk away reasonably happy or more. But if you're looking for something much deeper, well, they had the chance and fumbled it. The end almost reminded me of the classic Coke commercial that just ended Mad Men (sorry, it's been out long enough ... spoilers are your problem!)

I know some fanbois are whining about the scenes that involved Walt and the CoP being removed, but that was likely a smart call. I don't see how that would have added to the story being told. But more backstory on Tomorrowland itself was needed. Another 10-20 minutes would have helped a lot.

Still, I'll take this type of film over an Avengers any day. A fun movie that actually let's you engage your mind at the same time as you're smiling is a rare thing.

Three Spirited Stars out of four.

WDW1974

Original Poster
IMO the trailers for Tomorrowland did a horrible job promoting the movie. I think most of the trailers released in the states for Disney movies lack. It doesn't surprise me when one of their live action movies fail. I think that's a large part of it. I mean, I still remember Frozen's trailer with Sven and Olaf, or Kristoff, whoever, being ripped her and the trailer really had zero to do with the movie itself. It's odd. Their promotion sucks. They have no idea how to promote their movie and they get by because it's Disney and they're lucky Pixar/Marvel put out solid movies.

Again, they always seem just *shocked* their movie succeeded and did well. They have no faith in the product they put out and it shows.

They don't trust anything that comes out under the Disney banner.

That was made so clear with Frozen, even though I said it prior to opening and after ...

They trusted anything Pixar, but the last few years they've dialed that back a bit. Although they believe Inside Out will be huge.

Now, they only trust Marvel to mint money. I'll admit that Ant Man might be worth my time. Much like GotG it seems to be the type of film I'd like. Although if Nick Fury makes a cameo carrying an Infinity Stone, I'll throw popcorn at the screen (and it will have to be someone else's because I didn't get to be a Faux Top One Percenter by dropping $40 at a cinema's concession stand!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Great point. I honestly think that has to happen at Disneyland. At least during a few months of the year.

Tokyo has a hybrid version of that pricing structure. But I think its a concept whose time has come, at least for some parks in some locations.

Not WDW.

Not unless they are going to significantly LOWER prices of parks at certain times/days ... and we know that ain't happening at all.

PhotoDave219

Spirited Tomorrowland Musings:

Well, first thing is it is so nice to see a Disney film that is original and not part of a franchise. I know it isn't doing great at the box office, which isn't a surprise considering Disney doesn't have a clue how to market its films (all you have to do is look at Frozen to see that), but it gets points just for that.

I liked it. Liked it a lot. But it was flawed. The worst thing is the film truly had the possibility at greatness and it blew that. It rushed a conclusion that was too neat and left too many unanswered questions. It would have been nice to actually have seen some time spent in Tomorrowland when it was at its peak. At the end, it sorta devolved into sappy propaganda.

I love Damon Lindelof. I know him personally, which used to bother some angry disneydude on the Twitter. He is nice and genuine and genuinely talented. But while he can create great characters and complex narratives, he seems to often struggle at bringing them to a proper ending (even my beloved Lost showed this). Of course, he did have Brad Bird at his side. They went the easy route.

If you go to see it just looking for a fun and different type of film, then you'll walk away reasonably happy or more. But if you're looking for something much deeper, well, they had the chance and fumbled it. The end almost reminded me of the classic Coke commercial that just ended Mad Men (sorry, it's been out long enough ... spoilers are your problem!)

I know some fanbois are whining about the scenes that involved Walt and the CoP being removed, but that was likely a smart call. I don't see how that would have added to the story being told. But more backstory on Tomorrowland itself was needed. Another 10-20 minutes would have helped a lot.

Still, I'll take this type of film over an Avengers any day. A fun movie that actually let's you engage your mind at the same time as you're smiling is a rare thing.

Three Spirited Stars out of four.

Please dont tell your friend that while I think he has fantastic ideas, he cant bring them to a fulfilling climax. I needed more of what Tomorrowland was as opposed to "We have to go back"....

WDW1974

Original Poster
Most people don't know who James Cameron is.

If you know anything about cinema, then you should. The man has made some great films and some incredibly successful ones as well.

Of course, most people don't know what the state capital of Texas is ... or how many planets there are in our solar system ... or what the Pythagorean Theorem is (no, not Ozzie's Razor ... that's just something borrowed by ignorant Internet folks).

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'd never heard of the guy until all the Avatarland threads started here. Then it was explained that he also did Titanic in 1997, and I said "Oh."

Go down to your local Target or Toys R Us big box store. Try and find anything Avatar related. Avatar merchandise doesn't exist because there's no demand for that product. Star Wars exists in big box stores, so does Potter and Cars and Princesses and Marvel and Frozen. But not Avatar.

And there's also my semi-famous annual Halloween tally. In my Villa Park, California neighborhood full of trick or treaters (I go through at least three big bowls of candy every year), I have never seen anyone dressed up as anyone from Pandora. Ever.

That's the part that worries me about WDW putting all this money and focus on Avatarland. There's no market for that product at the nations big box stores, and free consumers choosing to be their favorite character on Halloween never choose someone from Pandora. Quite simply, Avatar is not a thing.

And yet WDW is planning for Avatarland to be this huge driver of attendance and attention. Did no one on the planning team go down to Target to see what the demand was like? Does Bob Iger not answer his own door on Halloween? It's not rocket science; Avatar is not a thing. :confused:

Pandora at DAK is a thing because Bob Iger's huge ego (the one people will ignorantly say he is keeping in check in China) was dinged badly by JK Rowling going over to UNI with her Potter project, and UNI blowing it out of the park with Hogsmeade at IOA.

He needed something badly to ''show those guys who's No. 1'' and he had no faith in any of his company's huge library of IP. So, he wound up thinking that Avatar, which was pretty much history by mid-2011 anyway, would be the answer. And he rushed and signed a deal ... and then watched as no one could figure out how to make it work.

Now, we're about 18 months away from the opening and there is no buzz whatsoever. There's likely more people in the Disney Twitverse talking about what may be coming to Pixar Place than talking Pandora. This thing has to be great. If it is, then no one will care about the IP it comes from. If it isn't, then this will be a huge failure. I believe it will be very, very good.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Bob was indeed wearing the same trousers and sport coat at Disneyland on May 21st that he was seen wearing in Shanghai on May 20th. His sport coat needed a good steam. He changed his shirt at least.

But his trousers are the dead giveaway; at Disneyland on Thursday night they appeared tired and in desperate need of a pressing. He also needs to see his tailor to have a half inch taken out of the inseam, as the break is too bunchy. It could be the fabric was just tired after being worn for two days and needed to be cleaned and pressed to get them back in shape. Summer weight wool needs pressing after just one wear.

To Bob's credit, his Botox man does good work, and his smile and complexion looked good last Thursday in Anaheim. Facial rejuvenation products for older men have made huge strides in the last decade. Trust me.
bobIDLR.jpg

Yep. Just another thing I found very odd. Like he had a very long trip to Shanghai, which didn't go well (it didn't, but we'll get to that before the weekend) and suddenly decided that he was going to rush down to Anaheim and try and feel better about himself by pressing the flesh with the lifestylers and fanbois (with Zenia and his bodyguards close by). ... But I really shouldn't talk about clothing and the Iger-Bays because it hurts my BRAND down in the PML and I am nothing without that!

BTW, have I told you how nervous I am to actually meet you because I might have to actually dress for the occasion (beyond the jorts and polo shirt!)?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Many years before the Spirit arrived at LaughingPlace.com Jim Disney used to be one of the original group of regular posters. It's been so many years, I didn't know that his website was still around or what its current profile is.

I feel old.

OK, I vaguely recall him now. I think he was one of the fairly (none of us are completely) sane ones. I didn't realize that either ... he was just listed in a hate twit by Phil (I wonder if his Mommy has told him to not solicit women who charge for fetish services on a public Twitter where everyone can see! Yes, he really has done that.)

WDW1974

Original Poster
The horses can go off property, 10 blocks away or 5 miles away, wherever is convenient for Disney. The horses are already being trucked down to Main Street USA backstage to the entry behind City Hall from the Circle D facility. If the ranch moves off property, the horses still get in a trailer pulled by a truck for every shift, but they have a 15 or 30 minute drive instead of a 5 minute drive.

Lots of support facilities and services that were historically "backstage" at Disneyland were moved off property in the 1990's when Disneyland Drive and the parking structure came to life and TDA was built. There's no need for the horses to be just north of Big Thunder Ranch for the streetcars to work on Main Street USA. And again, I'd bet two churros that PETA trains its sites on the horsedrawn streetcars within a year or two, now that cities are bowing to their pressure by banning horse carriages for tourist use.

Last month animal-right activists announced they were going after Knott's Berry Farm for their stagecoach ride. The clock is ticking on Disney's horsedrawn streetcars.

If the ranch moves, the other thing that would go would be the daily Running Of The Goats however, when the Thunder Ranch petting zoo closes for the day and the goats (and a couple sheep) run backstage for dinner.

That would be a shame to lose that charming Disneyland legacy.

But if it means you get a kick-butt Star Wars Land instead, I won't miss the Running Of The Goats that much. Maybe in Episode VII we learn there were goats on Tatooine?

I'll miss them. I'll miss the entire ranch area much more than Toontown. It is dated and hasn't aged well and has been destroyed by Legal. That's why it will go. ... But that area around the Ranch and the whole Big Thunder Trail is one of my favorite places at the park. All those beautiful old trees ... I'd just hate to lose that environment for a film franchise.

Oh, and while I love animals, I'd hope those activists fail at going after Knott's and stay away from DL. The horses at both parks are lovingly cared for and the work isn't harming them. With so much real animal abuse and horrors out there it drives me crazy that these organizations go after the big fish so to speak (yeah Blackfish/CNN, looking at you!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
I can only wish they would just ship the Roger Rabbit ride to DHS where it would be a much appreciated addition. It's precisely the type of family friendly, all ages ride the park needs desperately.

Heck, they should just ship everything from Toontown there and recreate it.

They'll do this when they move Small World and CoP to EPCOT and recreate Horizons in Tomorrowland and ...

TP2000

Now, we're about 18 months away from the opening and there is no buzz whatsoever. There's likely more people in the Disney Twitverse talking about what may be coming to Pixar Place than talking Pandora. This thing has to be great.

I'm in mild shock to hear Avatarland opens in 18 months. I hadn't been keeping track and assumed it was still 2+ years away. Wow. At this point in the Cars Land timetable (early 2011), coverage and excitement were reaching a fever pitch. The preview center in the park was about on the second of its four Cars Land updates on the project, etc., etc.

18 months til opening? Christmas 2016? Forget my Halloween tally of zero Pandora characters at my door each year, the lack of fan buzz this close to opening should be terrifying to TDO brass. I assume they'll display big models and such at D23 Expo in August, and if they do they had better be jaw-dropping.

BTW, have I told you how nervous I am to actually meet you because I might have to actually dress for the occasion (beyond the jorts and polo shirt!)?

Oh, you'll be fine. Would it help if I told you I wore shorts and an untucked shirt to Target this afternoon? SHOCK! However, if we meet for drinks at Carthay Circle or Napa Rose Lounge, let's hope those jorts are clean. :cool:

I really don't want to have to Google the word "jorts" to find out what they look like, but...

Okay, don't wear those to Carthay Circle.

Oh, and while I love animals, I'd hope those activists fail at going after Knott's and stay away from DL. The horses at both parks are lovingly cared for and the work isn't harming them. With so much real animal abuse and horrors out there it drives me crazy that these organizations go after the big fish so to speak (yeah Blackfish/CNN, looking at you!)

Agreed. But something tells me by the end of this decade the activists will zero in on the horsedrawn streetcars on Disney's various Main Street USA's. I'll be fascinated to see how Disney corporate responds to that.

Mike S

Spirited Historical Musing:

So, tonight after an absolutely (less than) amazing ice cream at ... wait for it ... wait for it ... the local BK (we really don't have an ice cream joint in our little hamlet of wealth and privilege ... who knew that wealthy South Americans didn't like ice cream?), I was out in my garage looking for something and I wound up finding two Disney 'treasures'.

OK, only one was. That was an original 1982 EPCOT Center wall map that had actually hung on my childhood wall. Yes, even four little thumbtack holes, so no fanboi who collects things in perfect condition (i.e. never used or enjoyed) would have any interest. But I was surprised to see the item in question ... something a decade older than the @EPCOT Explorer, who likely has bought copies of the original and the fake Disney made a few years ago on eBay.

The other item was what I thought would be worth 10 minutes of posting time for a little perspective. It was a WDW Times and Information Guide for October of 1994. About when the resort was at its zenith. When it seemed like Disney could do no wrong, even in the swamps. On the cover was the Disney-MGM Studios Chinese Theater, Monorail Red when it was new gliding by EPCOT with trees in bloom and Cindy's castle with a Hub full of trees.

Yes, on second thought it does seem like ancient history.

Want to buy a ticket for all the fun The Vacation Kingdom has to offer? Well, we have a Four Day Value Pass (good for one day at each of the thee gates and then another day at a park of your choice with no hopping allowed) for $130.95/$102.45 (all prices included tax). Want a Four Day Park Hopper? That would set you back $141.55/$133.05. How about Five Days With Unlimited visits to Typhoon Lagoon, River Country, Pleasure Island and Discovery Island for seven straight days? That would be $189.15/$151.10.

Prices seemed perfectly fair for that era. Oh, what's that? You only have one day for one park. We can do that for $38/$30.

What I found more interesting was how very different the resort was back then, despite being in the midst of the biggest decade of growth (sadly, even Celebration was starting to sprout down US 192). First off, October was still distinctly part of the off-season. Halloween season didn't exist. No MNSSHP upcharge parties. No Food and Wine Festival at what was then being called Epcot '95 (yes, even in 10/94).

So, let' see what was going on in the parks ...

At Epcot 95 (hours the entire month were FW 9-7 and WS 11-9 with Illuminations nightly at 9), the newly-opened Innoventions was highly-touted. As was the park's very first character meal, the Under the Sea Breakfast at the Coral Reef with Goofy, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie for $14.95/$7.95 (plus tax). Entertainment highlights included The World of Barbie (something all the Bronies likely enjoyed) and a Brazilian Carnivale musical show at America Gardens twice nightly.

Over at the MK, Guests were faced with the prospect of no fireworks and no night parade at all for the entire month because ... well ... because in those days they weren't considered necessary nightly entertainment. They were reserved for special periods like summer and holidays. Hours at the MK reflected this simpler time (see, it wasn't just the 70s and 80s and not all that long ago). From Oct. 1-22, the park was open daily from 9-7. From Oct. 23-31, the park was open from 9-6. Can you imagine that?

In the spotlight was the new (and very kewl) Mickey Mania Parade and the new Legend of the Lion King puppet show as well as the only character meal at the MK (breakfast at Cindy's with the same price points as Coral Reef above).

Over at Disney-MGM, the park was still reveling in the opening of the amazing Tower of Terror that summer. Park hours were (again, even with 12 resort hotels ... take a deep breath ... this was the Vacation Kingdom, not whatever it is that exists today) 9-6 daily, except Saturdays, which were 9-9 with ToT open until 10 p.m. (they had live music on Sunset Blvd. for Shriek Out Saturdays as they were called). They also had Sorcery in the Sky showing on Saturday nights at 8:50 as well.

Aladdin's Breakfast Adventure was held in the Soundstage Restaurant (only $12.95 for adults here). But they were touting actual TV production, both the Mickey Mouse Club and a Dolly Parton show called 'Heavens to Betsey' that @Lee likely watched religiously, were produced that month and they offered a number to call for tix.

Pleasure Island was touting its new Jazz Club as well as a Halloween Costume Contest on Oct. 31st. Disney Village had its annual (then) boat show in mid-month.

Typhoon Lagoon ($21.50/$16.50 plus tax), River Country ($14/$11) and Discovery Island ($9.50/$5.25) were all open daily from 10-5. A RC/DC combo ticket was offered for $16.75/$12.25.

Disney After Dark touted the Dinner Shows at the Poly and FW. Most interesting thing was the still present junior ticket for those aged 12-20. Luau prices were ($32/$24.50/$16.50). Hoop Dee-Doo was $34/$25/$17.

The whole resort vibe was alive and well ... and, yes, I so long for those days.

My only confusion is trying to recall where I stayed for the trip. I had stayed at WL for its opening week in May and the Dolphin concierge in July, but I also did multiple off-property trips in '94 and this might have been one if it wasn't Port Orleans. I hadn't discovered the amazing Halloween Horror Nights (much better in those dayss, like a lot of things yet), so I doubt UNI was part of the trip at all.

Anyway, hope someone here gets something out of this little garage discovery I made. Just a snippet in history.
Told someone about the price differences between now and then. Guess what their answer was?

"You're not becoming one of those old people that complains that burgers used to be 10 cents are you? Things increase in price." :facepalm:

MerlinTheGoat

Told someone about the price differences between now and then. Guess what their answer was?

"You're not becoming one of those old people that complains that burgers used to be 10 cents are you? Things increase in price." :facepalm:
To which the appropriate response is-

"Of course things increase in price. That's why our paychecks also always increase at a linear rate parallel to such increases to compensate for the rise in prices...Oh wait no they don't. Carry on with such foolish and self destructive attempts at justifying blatant greed."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom