A Spirited Perfect Ten

Shaman

I cant even get through watching it. Its delegated the fountains to a backdrop and storytelling is more fit for the one mans dream theater than woc....

I agree, horrible execution. The narration is not really necessary. Why not let the images and music tell the story? Some of the effects are cool, but....ugh.

Has Disney ever been confronted about their water use? Considering the drought out in Cali, a show like this....

Cesar R M

You want the truth? You think you can HANDLE the TRUTH?

Due to increases in the pig population, Bacon prices are on the decline. HAPPY DAY!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
zQR2ahC.png

hmm wait a sec.. isnt that a good thing? I mean... more bacon for everyone!

hGWZVtp.gif

Cesar R M

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peo...sney-store-Shanghai-attracts-huge-queues.html
Apparently the Shanghai Store is being very well received. It's interesting that the line went on that long when people don't know about Disney there. Any ideas why people showed up?

Sorry if this is a double post.

Hmm, there might be a small market for Disney stuff there after all.

well...! when your population is in the thousands of millions, even if only a fraction of them knows Disney.. they will count and seem like they are a lot.

BrianLo

Here's what I want to know:

-It's firmly been established that this is "China's Disney Park", similar in the way Tokyo Disney is "OLC's Disney Park".
-China doesn't particularly care for Iger, and are using their clout to prevent him from planting his favourite brand (himself) firmly in Shanghai.
-They are not actually blocking him from site visits, they just don't like parading the man around.
-There was still a proper opening ceremony for the Disney store, crowds showed up, locals used a fake key and a giant lock, there was pomp-and-circumstance a minor representative from TWDC made a speech and most importantly Mickey/Minnie were present. One could argue they (Mickey) are far more important as company figure-heads than Iger, who will be long gone a decade from now.
-As part of their clout, China wants to be more tight-lipped than the normal 'overshare every little detail including benches' that is Disney's current M.O.
-A to-do was made of the castle topping, pretty similar to the Paris video @WDW1974 posted, albeit with just photos. There was no commentary or Eisner in that 1991 video either.

Everything is pretty close to the norm... but Iger is clearly being pushed to the side.

So the question - Is this actually a bad thing from our perspective?

Sure it's a bad thing for Iger, and perhaps for Disney by having a partner who are willing to make demands, but is it actually a bad thing overall?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom