A Spirited Perfect Ten

flynnibus

Premium Member
NOWHERE did I state that my experience was typical. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said that we were very lucky

Yeah, like sarcastically lucky.. as if how could anyone else have such differing views on the matter based on your experience. You're the lotto winners...

We NEVER queue up for a bus right after a park closes. Who in their right mind would even consider doing that?

Oh, so it's not buses are crowded... it's zOMG who in their right mind would go when its crowded or busy period. Fascinating filtering you got going on there.

Disney is conservative so people are not late. If we are staying at OKW, and have an ADR at Shula's, we need 2 buses to get there. So we wait 20 minutes for the bus at OKW, then ride to DS. With current construction, and traffic at night, that can take awhile. Then another 20 minute wait at DS, then the trip to Shula's. Could easily be an hour or a bit more

So you acknowledge life isn't as simple as one bus every 10mins... yet still struggle to grasp why people have negative feelings towards the effectiveness of the system. I think its pretty obvious you are picking and choosing... and failing to put the pieces all together when people are venting their dissatisfaction.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You say how perfect your transportation experience is but the hypothetical you give is not?? So you say it doesn't happen but then you give an example where it can (and does)?? So what you are saying is that it DOES happen? but not to you because you outsmart everyone by "relaxing" walking around aimlessly doing nothing? Smart move.

"If we are staying at OKW, and have an ADR at Shula's, we need 2 buses to get there. So we wait 20 minutes for the bus at OKW, then ride to DS. With current construction, and traffic at night, that can take awhile. Then another 20 minute wait at DS, then the trip to Shula's. Could easily be an hour or a bit more."

"If you looked below my avatar, you would see that I am a DVC member" (a-hole? party of one?) and your many references to Shula's tells me exactly what type of person you are. Not for being a member and not for eating there...for pointing it out in such a condescending manner.

I know exactly what type of Disney guest you are as I have helped your kind many times and know first hand.

With that...don't choke on your steak.
How does it feel to go through life so angry all the time? :confused:

gmajew

Premium Member
A vacation for a you.

Not a vacation for everyone.

The amount of hoops TWDC makes me jump through in order to go anymore has turned me off.

All of the scheduling just doesn't make it fun for me.

I get why some people feel this way as it is a trip you have to plan, but I also see a benefit to it.

I like having some parts of my vacation time off the cuff and so far I have still been able to have that while on a Disney vacation.

Funmeister

Please find me one certified instance where, a monorail broke down causing a person to be so late for an ADR that they were charged as a no show, and not allowed to eat. Just one. Oh, and why wouldn't you call Disney Dining to let them know what is going on while you are sitting there on the monorail???

It's really like playing the what if games with my kids back when they were 6. They would always come up with these ridiculous things that MIGHT happen, and they would "what if" you to death.

I think if you were to get a job as a transportation Cast Member or Guest Relations host you would have a rude awakening. lol

gmajew

Premium Member
There's no going back. The rubicon was crossed and frankly, its not fun anymore.

Its not fun to wait for a bus. Its not fun to be around 50-60 thousand people. Its not fun to wait in line. Its not fun to plan everything six months out. Its not fun to be on the computer six months out to book fastpasses or restaurants.

None of that is fun.

As others have pointed out, concierge at high end resorts (or vegas even) can get people into where they want to go just because theyre staying at the club level. Not so here at the mouse house.

They put all the work on the guests. And thats not right.

Well i am pretty sure all the celebs get into anything they want when they are on property as I have seen many times over spring break. So Disney knows how to do.... Dave we just need to become more famous.

Funmeister

Yep. Happening right now.
Didn't renew my APs after 2011, only visiting during the partys for half-price admission, etc.

Kept my Uni passes, though....

Serious question...

When you are at Universal do you relax less because you are able to get to your destination quicker in a more efficient manner?

gmajew

Premium Member
I'm famous enough for Disney.

I want to be famous enough for an invite to Buckingham Palace.

Only if Princess kate was present.... LOL

I have had the honor of meeting the president in the white house twice and I will say that is the coolest thing I have ever been a part of. Would personally love to be at one of the white house dinners once. On a bucket list for me.

PhotoDave219

Only if Princess kate was present.... LOL

I have had the honor of meeting the president in the white house twice and I will say that is the coolest thing I have ever been a part of. Would personally love to be at one of the white house dinners once. On a bucket list for me.

Well Damn. Did you have one of Clinton's Cigars?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah, like sarcastically lucky.. as if how could anyone else have such differing views on the matter based on your experience. You're the lotto winners...

Oh, so it's not buses are crowded... it's zOMG who in their right mind would go when its crowded or busy period. Fascinating filtering you got going on there.

So you acknowledge life isn't as simple as one bus every 10mins... yet still struggle to grasp why people have negative feelings towards the effectiveness of the system. I think its pretty obvious you are picking and choosing... and failing to put the pieces all together when people are venting their dissatisfaction.
Well, because of your blindness, you are completely missing my points. Obviously, everybody has different experiences. Some good, some bad. Yes, buses are sometimes crowded. I've been on them when it is wall-to-wall people many times. Does that ruin my vacation? Of course not. Why would it? I have no problem with people having negative feelings towards anything. If you have read that between my lines, then I apologize. Everyone has every right to complain and b !tch about anything and everything they wish to. My only point was if it upsets you that much, why do you even go? You KNOW that there is ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING that doesn't go according to plan. There is always something like that when we go anywhere, not just to Disney. Do we let it get the best of us? No, because that is simply counterproductive, and a time waster.

I am really sorry that you find Disney to be the carp heap that it is. Maybe you'll have better luck at Universal in the future.

gmajew

Premium Member
Well Damn. Did you have one of Clinton's Cigars?

LOl no I got the honor of meeting GWB and Obama as I was part of a business roundtable for both presidents on the restaurant and hospitality industry and discussions on the effects of min wage on our business.
It is a very unreal experience when you get to meet them like that one I will never forget.

BernardandBianca

Did you run out of the park right when it closed, and waited in a long line with everyone else? Why not relax, stroll around, wait for the crowds to die down. Much less crowded that way.

Sounds to me like all you're doing is moving the place where you're waiting for the bus - from the bus stop to the park. Comparing your times to those mentioned in this thread fails to account for the time you spent waiting until you got to the stop

The one time that we waited longer than 20 minutes was at the park closure of HS. After the 20 minute wait, we went over to the next bus stop, where a bus was waiting, and asked the driver if he knew what was going on. He stated that our bus had broken down a few minutes earlier, and that he would radio in that people were waiting (we were the ONLY 2 waiting, as we had walked out of the park slowly to avoid the crowds. Only 10 minutes later, an OKW bus drove up, heard about our situation, and took us to SSR where we were staying, even with a full bus of people that was ready to go back to OKW. He did not have to do this, and he took us directly to our stop, and then went back to OKW. We were very grateful, and turned in a thank you CM card for him. Not one person on the bus complained about this small detour either.

So you inconvenienced a bus full of people so that you could be taken care of? The people on the bus probably didn't know that what happened was not planned, since WDW buses run around all over the place. And you wouldn't have heard complaints because they wouldn't have happened until the bus dropped you off. I'll going to speculate that the bus did not drive past OKW to take you to SSR, though that is the route now.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So you inconvenienced a bus full of people so that you could be taken care of? The people on the bus probably didn't know that what happened was not planned, since WDW buses run around all over the place. And you wouldn't have heard complaints because they wouldn't have happened until the bus dropped you off. I'll going to speculate that the bus did not drive past OKW to take you to SSR, though that is the route now.
Actually, the bus driver asked the people on the bus if he could take us first. It was a resounding yes from the people already on the bus. Yes, he drove right past OKW to drop us off first. Gee, they had to wait an extra 5 minutes. I'm sure it ruined their entire vacation. Oh, and we would have done the same thing for anyone else. Just pays to be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom