A Spirited Perfect Ten

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'd say Black Widow is a strong female character. I want top know her backstory. I want to see her as a female assassin. I want to see how she became who she is.
As I said, I'd love to see a dark origin story (the only character of the Avengers, really, who deserves a dark origin story akin to Dark Knight is her...or maybe Nick Fury, but they would have vastly different, and possibly intertwined ones?)

I think they could make it work, and make it work well. I'm far more interested in that than the schlock that Ultron appears to be (repeat of movie #1 with minor plot points, I haven't even gone to see it yet).

Marvel needs to be very careful here, imho. They are saturating the market, and if they don't do it right, fandom alone, which is a fickle thing, especially since the core fandom, the Comic Fanbois, have seen these stories before....I still look back with disgust with how Fox treated the Dark Pheonix story and how Sony treated my all time favorite long arch story...Venom.

Well...I think a Black Widow movie would be a wonderful toss up into the predictable mix.

I have little to no interest in Antman, though I think the film looks good, I'll skip it in theaters most likely unless it's playing for free while I'm cruising DCL.

I got my "action team movie done right" fix with Avengers 1 and GotG...I'm done for another few years, thanks Marvel.

PhotoDave219

As I said, I'd love to see a dark origin story (the only character of the Avengers, really, who deserves a dark origin story akin to Dark Knight is her...or maybe Nick Fury, but they would have vastly different, and possibly intertwined ones?)

I think they could make it work, and make it work well. I'm far more interested in that than the schlock that Ultron appears to be (repeat of movie #1 with minor plot points, I haven't even gone to see it yet).

Marvel needs to be very careful here, imho. They are saturating the market, and if they don't do it right, fandom alone, which is a fickle thing, especially since the core fandom, the Comic Fanbois, have seen these stories before....I still look back with disgust with how Fox treated the Dark Pheonix story and how Sony treated my all time favorite long arch story...Venom.

Well...I think a Black Widow movie would be a wonderful toss up into the predictable mix.

I have little to no interest in Antman, though I think the film looks good, I'll skip it in theaters most likely unless it's playing for free while I'm cruising DCL.

I got my "action team movie done right" fix with Avengers 1 and GotG...I'm done for another few years, thanks Marvel.

They have oversaturated the market and then some. I have no interest in Ant-man and I'm not stoked about Ultron and not really enthusiastic about Civil War.

As long as its a killer story, it will work. Throw Joss Wheadon a bone, if he feels they need it, let him write it. Let him do it.

gmajew

Premium Member
They did some Black Widow back story in Ultron. Minimal, but a small bit.

Yeah they did.... I think it is good they are keeping some of these characters back stories and personal lives for the avengers movies. Makes them interesting in my eyes as I think the stand alone movies and the backstory stuff was always the best stuff.

Sure black widow would be an awesome back story set of movies but maybe SJ did not want to do a stand alone movie when they did her contract. And like RDJ she is the only one I can see playing the part now.

PhotoDave219

All this being said, Disney ignoring that Black Widow would make a great toy on the basis that they already have that Demo locked up with their princess line seems pretty.... well it seems just ignorant to me.

It being a business and all, you'd want to max sales and profits. Sure you've got Frozen & Princess lines, but girls like Marvel too.

Its like Kevin Fergie has his own "No MAAM" club or whatever it was from 'Married with Children'

gmajew

Premium Member
All this being said, Disney ignoring that Black Widow would make a great toy on the basis that they already have that Demo locked up with their princess line seems pretty.... well it seems just ignorant to me.

It being a business and all, you'd want to max sales and profits. Sure you've got Frozen & Princess lines, but girls like Marvel too.

Its like Kevin Fergie has his own "No MAAM" club or whatever it was from 'Married with Children'

What toys would you suggest? They have action figures and her bike and weapons and costumes. Hulk has action figures and over size fist.

Think they are being treated pretty equal. do we want to see her with a black widow doll house?

PhotoDave219

What toys would you suggest? They have action figures and her bike and weapons and customs. Hulk has action figures and over size fist.

Think they are being treated pretty equal. do we want to see her with a black widow doll house?

I have yet to even see an action figure. Ive seen her bike but with Iron Man on it.

gmajew

Premium Member

PhotoDave219

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom