A Spirited Perfect Ten

doctornick

Its like Kevin Fergie has his own "No MAAM" club or whatever it was from 'Married with Children'

I can't tell if you are intentionally mocking or just mistaken, but I assume you are referring to Kevin Feige. If you are mocking him, I don't think i get it because is he in charge of toy lines for Marvel or something? From what I can tell, he's in charge of the movie studio. While he might have some say on the toy production, isn't that a totally different division of Marvel?

Regardless, it's probably Ike Permullter making the stupid gender based decisions anyway.

PhotoDave219

I can't tell if you are intentionally mocking or just mistaken, but I assume you are referring to Kevin Feige. If you are mocking him, I don't think i get it because is he in charge of toy lines for Marvel or something? From what I can tell, he's in charge of the movie studio. While he might have some say on the toy production, isn't that a totally different division of Marvel?

Regardless, it's probably Ike Permullter making the stupid gender based decisions anyway.

He's the man in charge of the MCU. If he wanted a Black Widow movie, it would be slapping us upside the head instead of "Ant-Man."

Permuller should be fired for being clueless.

doctornick

To be honest, I'm not really that interested in a Black Widow movie. I mean, I love Johanssen, but I think the character works much better in a supporting role and I hope we continue to get more exposition with her over time. The bits and pieces here and there actually add to the mystery of the character.

That being said, I'd love to see Marvel do a film with a female protagonist (or at least more than just Ms. Marvel). The problem is that there's not a lot of good characters to choose from that aren't licensed to Fox. I'd like to see Evangeline Lily be a break out character of Ant Man and become the Wasp -- I'd actually be really disappointed if we never see a Wasp in the MCU.

Also, on the topic of Marvel and women, will we see a Scarlet Witch Infinity Figure in the future? I hope so.

PhotoDave219

To be honest, I'm not really that interested in a Black Widow movie. I mean, I love Johanssen, but I think the character works much better in a supporting role and I hope we continue to get more exposition with her over time. The bits and pieces here and there actually add to the mystery of the character.

That being said, I'd love to see Marvel do a film with a female protagonist (or at least more than just Ms. Marvel). The problem is that there's not a lot of good characters to choose from that aren't licensed to Fox. I'd like to see Evangeline Lily be a break out character of Ant Man and become the Wasp -- I'd actually be really disappointed if we never see a Wasp in the MCU.

Also, on the topic of Marvel and women, will we see a Scarlet Witch Infinity Figure in the future? I hope so.

You just gave me ANOTHER reason not to go see Ant-Man.

bhg469

This is a rare time I disagree with Dave. Scarlett is awesome to watch in a supporting role. She plays off the other characters so well when she has no powers or super human ability. I could argue she was even more entertaining as starks assistant while shield was trying to figure him out before we knew who she was.

The writing would have to be so unbelievably good to make a solo project with her work that I just don't think anyone could do it.

I have little interest in ant man but the one scene from the trailer where he shrinks and runs down the slide of the gun Looks so crazy cool. I feel like it's a movie with limited appeal though.

Sped2424

This is a rare time I disagree with Dave. Scarlett is awesome to watch in a supporting role. She plays off the other characters so well when she has no powers or super human ability. I could argue she was even more entertaining as starks assistant while shield was trying to figure him out before we knew who she was.

The writing would have to be so unbelievably good to make a solo project with her work that I just don't think anyone could do it.

I have little interest in ant man but the one scene from the trailer where he shrinks and runs down the slide of the gun Looks so crazy cool. I feel like it's a movie with limited appeal though.
Black widow film has amazing possibilities and can hold it's own and be far better than some already marvel entries. All it needs is the right writer and it will be golden.

StageFrenzy

One of the best BW moments was the Loki in a box showdown in The Avengers. She appeared a bit of a damsel during parts of Ultron but ultimately she did lead the team to the town/city. She is all about the mission.

ThemeParkJunkee

My daughter belongs to the San Francisco chapter of Women in Animation. www.wia.org. She has been on panel discussions at events at Pixar. She did her internship at Marvel and now works for a video game company. The biases are well known in the world of Marvel, Disney, Pixar etc. Many of the women who work in this industry are dismayed by the portrayal of female "superheros" or just plain female protagonists. I very much enjoy her freelance cartoons and animations. Her female characters are complex. Many of the other women in her industry are concerned about "rape culture" and " shaming" in media. Most are not militant or blogging about it. They are joining organizations to raise the status and influence of women in the industry.

Castle Cake Apologist

What I have come to the conclusion of is that a lot of WDW fans are Brand addicts. When the person you quoted said that Universal doesn't interest them because the IPs they have don't interest them. I know that they aren't actually theme park fans. They are "Disney" fans. Their hearts light up when they see Mickey Mouse at Walmart. And they don't really care that a 3 star hotel costs $600/night while under construction because it's "Disney".

What a strange concept... a Disney fan posting on a Disney fan site. Shame on them!

Both resorts have their strong points and people are more than entitled to like either one, or both. What people should not be entitled to it shaming others who claim to only like one of the two while posting on a website dedicated to the one that they prefer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom