A Spirited Perfect Ten

flynnibus

Premium Member
You're also being disingenuous when you mock Disney's concierge level, because Disney never calls it concierge level, but "Club Level." If someone assumes that a product called "Club Level" is going to be the same as an arbitrarily defined industry standard "concierge level," that's their own fault for jumping to conclusions and/or poor reading comprehension.

BS... taken right from the Disney website... using the industry standard terms..

busted.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-concierge/

Disney pitches the club level concierge access as 'personalized service' and assistance on topics a Concierge normally helps with. Disney plays it out to be just like a duck.. tries to make it quack like a duck... but it's still a turkey.

Edit: plus, I'm pretty sure Disney used to market it labeled as concierge outright as well. I think the 'club' label came later.. probably again because of the underwhelming execution leading to complaints.

Last edited:

Cody5294

That timeline is for WDW. Star Wars at DLR is planned to open in 2019 - at least, that was the plan a couple months ago. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back - DLR has new Potter competition up the road to contend with.

Other posters - like @PhotoDave219 and @WDW1974 - have indicated that we will see Star Wars for DL announced at D23 this year, but nothing announced for WDW.

Meanwhile, Universal be like HERE'S 10 RIDES.
So they may just announce the Pixar part of the HS makeover at D23 and announce Star Wars later? I can't see them doing that. A lot of Disney fans are expecting Star Wars news for both coasts

doctornick

So they may just announce the Pixar part of the HS makeover at D23 and announce Star Wars later? I can't see them doing that. A lot of Disney fans are expecting Star Wars news for both coasts

Why not? If they provide more details about known attractions (e.g. Pandora, RoL, Frozen) at WDW and announce information about something new (Pixar stuff), that would excite folks for WDW. No reason they couldn't do that and announce Star Wars for DLR, couching it as "details for SW at WDW will be presented later as it is still being developed for a larger scope" or somesuch.

Donald Razorduck

I have a friend that goes back with his family at least once a year. Despite him constantly complaining he is bored of the place but his wife is seemingly driving the pack. He knows the kids will enjoy universal but she refuses to break away from their annual vacation where the boys line up to be Jedi, eat at chef mickey's and do the same thing they always do.

He seems powerless in the fight but nostalgia seems to have control over her despite the fact that they both admit it's all the same.. it's really baffling. I mean I get the nostalgia part, I loved coming down there and I wish I had done it more 15 years ago but I was in my early 20s and definitely couldn't afford it. Now I am in my mid 30s and can afford it, sort of, and I don't want to because the attraction to me is gone. Mainly because I don't want to be a princess.

Sounds like she castrated him.

Don't forget I imagine Merlin will be pimpin' Legoland and its on resort hotel hard at the The Wheel complex.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
BS... taken right from the Disney website... using the industry standard terms..

View attachment 92543

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/resort-concierge/

Disney pitches the club level concierge access as 'personalized service' and assistance on topics a Concierge normally helps with. Disney plays it out to be just like a duck.. tries to make it quack like a duck... but it's still a turkey.

Edit: plus, I'm pretty sure Disney used to market it labeled as concierge outright as well. I think the 'club' label came later.. probably again because of the underwhelming execution leading to complaints.
Nice try. They also point out VERY clearly that every guest has access to a concierge. The Club Level guests have a Club Level Concierge, while everyone else has access to the lobby concierge. The differentiator is "club level."

7CV366K.png

Your screenshot proved my statement to be true, so thanks for calling it BS. I very clearly stated that the room category is not called "Concierge level," which is 100% true. I never claimed that Disney never uses the word "concierge." Obviously they do, for both club level and standard guests.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Who says they even announce anything Pixar at this point? That TSPL rumor has seemed to die down and anyone in the know here keeps saying that the budgets aren't finalized and the project isn't set yet. They only have a few months to finalize the presentations. I wouldn't be shocked if there is no mention of DHS at all. For WDW they could go with more detailed Avatar concept art with some actual ride details, concept art for the Frozen ride and meet and greet area in EPCOT since we haven't seen any real details for that ride and possibly still pimp Disney Springs since that's not fully open.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Nice try. They also point out VERY clearly that every guest has access to a concierge. The Club Level guests have a Club Level Concierge, while everyone else has access to the lobby concierge. The differentiator is "club level."

7CV366K.png

Your screenshot proved my statement to be true, so thanks for calling it BS. I very clearly stated that the room category is not called "Concierge level," which is 100% true. I never claimed that Disney never uses the word "concierge." Obviously they do, for both club level and standard guests.
That said, I've stayed at Concierge (or "club", whatever) both at Disney and outside of Disney.

The offerings are pretty similar. Free snacks, drinks, and a personal "front desk". That's about it (both at and outside of Disney). I don't see why Disney is doing anything much different than the rest of the industry is.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That said, I've stayed at Concierge (or "club", whatever) both at Disney and outside of Disney.

The offerings are pretty similar. Free snacks, drinks, and a personal "front desk". That's about it (both at and outside of Disney). I don't see why Disney is doing anything much different than the rest of the industry is.
Really? I was under the impression that every guest at the Four Seasons has a personal asswiper that follows them around with 2,000 thread count Egyptian butt tissue and a spritz bottle of mint Poopourri.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom