A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

Cameos and easter eggs in video games made as sweetheart deals ("scratch my back I'll scratch yours" exclusives) is far different than store shelves filled with bastardized versions of your characters, LOL:

3924386_f520.jpg

Not to mention, you don't have to share licensing revenue, either.
Good point, lol. Just thought I'd bring up the crossovers.

AEfx

We are going to just disagree you classed the great movie ride as an E ticket but not mine train?

You classed great movie ride and not even little mermaid....

Just the theming the walking in and losing your self on both of those rides make them way way more then that ride.

Something tells me you don't have to do much to "lose" yourself...if I were someone else I may suggest trying first with a wet paper bag.

In any case, no, the scope of those rides are not E-tickets. E-ticket is not a quantitative value of how much you personally like or dislike an attraction.

I love the TLM, but as a simple omni-mover it is about ten show scenes short of an E-ticket attraction.

TheTourist

Depends on what the definition of E tickets is. We have had this discussion before and if you mean thrill ride then no doubt it has been a long long time. But is the definition of E ticket is a ride that people love that brings them an experience they want to ride over and over again in an environment they can get lost in. Then I would argue NFL is that.

As someone underwhelmed by NFL, can you articulate why you think it is E ticket worthy? I'm genuinely curious.

MerlinTheGoat

You didn't, but you keep deluding yourself that you were a savant of theme park maintenance while learning how to spell your own name.

There's another guy who used to post here who claimed to have a picture perfect memory of Horizons when he was 3. You guys should start a club.

LMAO, well thanks for bringing it back full circle to your blatant trolling again. I'm really very sorry your childhood apparently wasn't as memorable as mine. Or maybe my memory is just awesome, who knew? Certainly not me, perhaps it's just selectively good for Disney related things. Or heck, maybe it's all that fancy food I ate (and the plentiful Omega-3's I probably got lol) as a kid while other people were apparently busy binge chugging Big Macs, fries and Cheetos. But by all means continue to dig yourself further in that hole of yours.

I'd be happy to join that guy's club, as long as he's handing out free Horizons t-shirts to members and accepts donations via Disney Dollars. Though if he quizzes me on how many floor tiles were in the scene with the milk spilling robot, I might have to refer to Martin's tribute video as a cheat sheet.

Sarcasm aside, the very simple details I listed earlier are not exactly things I would consider very hard to remember (at least in the back of their mind) for someone even at an extremely young age. This is a general statement, but especially if you visited WDW over 20-25 times as I did throughout childhood (each trip being a week or two in length). I'm not going through rides scene by scene to compare what is broken and what isn't (simply put, you just didn't see broken and or missing effects and details very often back then whereas it's common now).

Last edited:

AEfx

As someone underwhelmed by NFL, can you articulate why you think it is E ticket worthy? I'm genuinely curious.

Because it immerses him in an experience, and he doesn't know that an E-ticket is the designation of the scope of an attraction, not a land.

Just saving you some time based on my interaction, LOL - he just doesn't understand that NFL is two C/D ticket attractions (depending on your opinion of the C/D rating scale) with some pretty landscaping thrown in.

gmajew

Premium Member
Something tells me you don't have to do much to "lose" yourself...if I were someone else I may suggest trying first with a wet paper bag.

In any case, no, the scope of those rides are not E-tickets. E-ticket is not a quantitative value of how much you personally like or dislike an attraction.

I love the TLM, but as a simple omni-mover it is about ten show scenes short of an E-ticket attraction.

I did not say you lost. I said we will just disagree. You picked a ride I think and have thought since day one was incredibly blaring and slow an E ticket. I personally feel NFL mine train is an E ticket.

Neither of us are wrong we have different opinions. Do I wish mine train was longer yes but I also wish thunder mountain had a better drop.

The point is their is no real definition of an E ticket. What we both can agree on is the ride must be an experience that brings you into another world. With some sort of story or thrill. That makes you wanting to ride it agin and again.

Splash mountain in my opinion is the best E ticket around. In all of the parks in Orlando.

gmajew

Premium Member
Because it immerses him in an experience, and he doesn't know that an E-ticket is the designation of the scope of an attraction, not a land.

Just saving you some time based on my interaction, LOL - he just doesn't understand that NFL is two C/D ticket attractions (depending on your opinion of the C/D rating scale) with some pretty landscaping thrown in.

Wow thanks for calling my stupid... Class act my friend. Class act.

An E ticket by definition is just a popular or new ride in a park.... So by that standard Peter Pan, Pirates, are all still E tickets. And pan is as short as they come.

MerlinTheGoat

Mine Train had the potential to be an E ticket, but it needed at least 2-3 more show scenes to really qualify in my eyes (which were apparently planned pre budget cut). The outside could have used more detail too, and the night time presence is also lacking. The mine scene we did get I honestly feel is fantastic, but it's just not enough to compete with the likes of Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash, Spaceship Earth (and the other three original Future World rides since gone) etc. I'd also consider a non ride like American Adventure an E easily. E ticket is a standard that Disney set and while perhaps not formally defined by the company (probably a good idea not to do so in this age considering the changing perspective within the company of what the designation means), we do have a generally good idea of what it means based on experience. An E ticket as referred to by Disney fans means "best of the best of the best".

Mermaid is in no way an E ticket. What constitutes E status is related to the scope, detail, scale and overall quality of a ride. Take WDW's Pooh ride with Tokyo's for instance, very similar rides based on the same story but dramatically different execution and quality. Mermaid is lacking a lot in quality that even Mine Train possesses, it's just a bland ride all around (just with a couple of neat highlights dispersed among everything else). Had they gone with something closer to the Tony Baxter concept, that would have been more likely to achieve E status.

It is rather ridiculous to hear people assume you need a thrill for something to be considered an E ticket. It's not a requirement at all. Plenty of E's without thrills.

AEfx

An E ticket by definition is just a popular or new ride in a park.... So by that standard Peter Pan, Pirates, are all still E tickets. And pan is as short as they come.

No, ROFL, it's not - it's a C-ticket, at best.

By your definition, Meet and Greets are E-tickets.

Were you like this in school? "No, Mount Rushmore is NOT a Wonder of the World! Old men are ugly!"

I did not say you lost.

You totally lost that point, LOL.

You picked a ride I think and have thought since day one was incredibly blaring and slow an E ticket.

Blaring? I never thought the GMR was particularly loud, but in any case - as I said, your opinion on how loud or slow GMR is has no bearing on it being an E-Ticket scope attraction or not. It is a 20 minute dark ride with one of the largest collections of animatronics in existence that takes up acres of space inside of a theme park icon.

It is assuredly one of the top examples of what folks refer to as an E-ticket, no matter if you enjoy it or not. I personally detest riding Soarin', but I wouldn't make the absurd argument that it wasn't an E-Ticket. It's not a "personal rating scale", it's a designation on the scope of an experience.

I personally feel NFL mine train is an E ticket.

Some people personally believe that humans and dinosaurs lived together like people and horses do today. That doesn't make them correct.

What we both can agree on is the ride must be an experience that brings you into another world. With some sort of story or thrill. That makes you wanting to ride it agin and again.

By that definition, the simulator rides at Disneyquest would be E-tickets - and they weren't.

Scale. Scope. Both things that as nice little rides as they are, the Mine Train and TLM lack.

In any case, semantics are fun and all - but no matter what you think about the term, the fact remains that the Magic Kingdom has not added any single attraction on the scope of Splash Mountain since it was built 23 years ago.

Now stop arguing with me and go find that wet paper bag - it will amuse you for hours. Just make sure you let someone know where you are, in case you get lost.

gmajew

Premium Member
Mine Train had the potential to be an E ticket, but it needed at least 2-3 more show scenes to really qualify in my eyes (which were apparently planned pre budget cut). The outside could have used more detail too, and the night time presence is also lacking. The mine scene we did get I honestly feel is fantastic, but it's just not enough to compete with the likes of Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash, Spaceship Earth (and the other three original Future World rides since gone) etc. E ticket is a standard that Disney set and while perhaps not formally defined by the company (probably a good idea not to do so in this age considering the changing perspective within the company of what the designation means), we do have a generally good idea of what it means based on experience. An E ticket as referred to by Disney fans means "best of the best of the best".

Mermaid is in no way an E ticket. What constitutes E status is related to the scope, detail, scale and overall quality of a ride. Take WDW's Pooh ride with Tokyo's for instance, very similar rides based on the same story but dramatically different execution and quality. Mermaid is lacking a lot in quality that even Mine Train possesses, it's just a bland ride all around (just with a couple of neat highlights dispersed among everything else). Had they gone with something closer to the Tony Baxter concept, that would have been more likely to achieve E status.

It is rather ridiculous to hear people assume you need a thrill for something to be considered an E ticket. It's not a requirement at all. Plenty of E's without thrills.

I am not disagreeing with you here but if we did not know what could have been on mine train would we be disappointed?

And I am in complete agreement,net with pooh. I think this one in WDW is a fun ride nice but for sure a c or B ride.

Mike S

Mine Train had the potential to be an E ticket, but it needed at least 2-3 more show scenes to really qualify in my eyes (which were apparently planned pre budget cut). The outside could have used more detail too, and the night time presence is also lacking. The mine scene we did get I honestly feel is fantastic, but it's just not enough to compete with the likes of Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash, Spaceship Earth (and the other three original Future World rides since gone) etc. I'd also consider a non ride like American Adventure an E easily. E ticket is a standard that Disney set and while perhaps not formally defined by the company (probably a good idea not to do so in this age considering the changing perspective within the company of what the designation means), we do have a generally good idea of what it means based on experience. An E ticket as referred to by Disney fans means "best of the best of the best".

Yes. Yes it did :(
image.jpg

gmajew

Premium Member
No, ROFL, it's not - it's a C-ticket, at best.

By your definition, Meet and Greets are E-tickets.

Were you like this in school? "No, Mount Rushmore is NOT a Wonder of the World! Old men are ugly!"

You totally lost that point, LOL.

Blaring? I never thought the GMR was particularly loud, but in any case - as I said, your opinion on how loud or slow GMR is has no bearing on it being an E-Ticket scope attraction or not. It is a 20 minute dark ride with one of the largest collections of animatronics in existence that takes up acres of space inside of a theme park icon.

It is assuredly one of the top examples of what folks refer to as an E-ticket, no matter if you enjoy it or not. I personally detest riding Soarin', but I wouldn't make the absurd argument that it wasn't an E-Ticket. It's not a "personal rating scale", it's a designation on the scope of an experience.

Some people personally believe that humans and dinosaurs lived together like people and horses do today. That doesn't make them correct.

By that definition, the simulator rides at Disneyquest would be E-tickets - and they weren't.

Scale. Scope. Both things that as nice little rides as they are, the Mine Train and TLM lack.

In any case, semantics are fun and all - but no matter what you think about the term, the fact remains that the Magic Kingdom has not added any single attraction on the scope of Splash Mountain since it was built 23 years ago.

Now stop arguing with me and go find that wet paper bag - it will amuse you for hours. Just make sure you let someone know where you are, in case you get lost.

20 minutes of boring on great movie ride is still 20 min of boredom.

My point is length of ride does not make it great!

You you plastic water bag joke is lame for even a child.

MerlinTheGoat

I am not disagreeing with you here but if we did not know what could have been on mine train would we be disappointed?

And I am in complete agreement,net with pooh. I think this one in WDW is a fun ride nice but for sure a c or B ride.
I'd still be disappointed with the lack of show scenes regardless of what I knew, yes. And the other things i've mentioned such as the outside and night decoration.

I kind of compare it to Maelstrom. I loved that ride and believe it had great elements and parts of what makes an E ticket, but it was too short and needed more meat to the experience to truly qualify as an E. And unlike Mine Train I don't know if Maelstrom was once intended to be a bigger and better ride than we got (though it wouldn't surprise me). I am aware of the cutbacks Mine Train got, but I still feel the shortness factor is apparent regardless of whether you know or not. It's kind of hard not to be a bit let down by its brevity.

I love Great Movie Ride, it's not boring to me. The fun is enjoying the multitude of scenes, the animatronic figures and all the detail to the sets and visual effects used. I think it's a great ride, when everything works visually anyways.

AEfx

No, the length of the experience is just one aspect of what makes it an E-ticket. Aspect means "one part". Notice, my mention of it was part of a larger sentence (grouping of words) describing many characteristics.

And it was paper bag, not plastic...geesh, I just want you to find something to occupy yourself for a few hours while the adults talk, not hurt yourself.

rael ramone

The Disney Dining Plan was really the thing that started us down the path of SubPar food. I feel its bouncing back too.

Most servers are ecstatic when they hear I'm using good old fashioned Money instead of the DDP.

My last trip I went to Citricos (pair dinner there w/ some quality time listening to the band in the lobby makes a great evening). They had a non-menu special - Veal Osso Bucco (what used to be on the menu every night). I'm still wondering if that 'special' is only offered to those not on the DDP...

PhotoDave219

My last trip I went to Citricos (pair dinner there w/ some quality time listening to the band in the lobby makes a great evening). They had a non-menu special - Veal Osso Bucco (what used to be on the menu every night). I'm still wondering if that 'special' is only offered to those not on the DDP...

I'll ask, I have friends that work there.

Skippy

GMR might have been an E ticket caliber attraction 20 years ago. Today, the only reason it would make me say 'wow' today is in 'wow, this feels pretty dated.'

Agree on Mermaid and Mine Train (that graphic is so depressing, @Mike S ) not meeting the same level of Splash.

But I do think meet and greets like Anna/Elsa would definitely be E tickets if the books were still used today. It might not be solely defined by it's newness and popularity, but it does factor in.

AEfx

GMR might have been an E ticket caliber attraction 20 years ago. Today, the only reason it would make me say 'wow', as you put it, today is in 'wow, this feels pretty dated.'

It's not about personal opinion of subject matter - or how much one likes it - just the Wizard of Oz finale elevates it past a D-ticket, even if the ride itself is need of updating in some places (which it's getting). Half the crap on Splash is broken, but Disney's neglect doesn't change it from being an E-ticket.

gmajew

Premium Member

Mm it was such a amazing dish.... I had it as well and was not on dinner plan. But don't remember if it was on menu or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom