A Spirited Perfect Ten

peter11435

And that others now and in the past have repeatedly reported other experiences means that your statement that these options are always available is false.
I'll take my own personal experience over random people I don't know on the Internet. I can believe that some surveys may not have a comment box. But unless someone can provide a picture or screen shot I will not believe they were given a survey with all positive answers. I've seen enough people around here make things up to push their Disney is evil agenda.

lazyboy97o

I'll take my own personal experience over random people I don't know on the Internet. I can believe that some surveys may not have a comment box. But unless someone can provide a picture or screen shot I will not believe they were given a survey with all positive answers. I've seen enough people around here make things up to push their Disney is evil agenda.
Yeah, we all got together years ago and planned out how we would lie about Disney surveys for years on several different websites...

BrianLo

I'm not going to go back and try and see when I first mentioned things because I have better things to do (like scratching myself down there).

Nor should you (or do I want to either), it's not really a competition. I just wanted to defend them as they've had a really bad wrap as of late... especially from their own readers.

They could certainly be more critical from time to time, but that's a different criticism entirely.

Cesar R M

Yeah, because Star Wars is the relevant comparison.

wasnt Avatar the potter Swatter?
what will they answer Universal's with? a themed bathroom?

Cesar R M

Exactly. Poor is always an option on Disney surveys and there is always a comment box to explain why.
Strange, I never get the comment box.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I will say, every survey I've ever received had a full compliment of responses, from poor to great.

Does anyone have a screen shot of a Dis survey that has excluded the negative options? I'd be curious to see one.
perhaps they are actively filtering?

Expo_Seeker40

Random thought:With TDL removing its tomorrowland speedway for fantasyland expansion, I wonder if TDO has thought about using its tomorrowland speedway as yet another area for MOARRRR FANTASYLAND!!

Cesar R M

Pretty clear I was referring to surveys taken on personal devices. Clever jab though.

I am now feeling dumb that I didn't take screenshots of the survey I took after returning from my trip in February ( It was 2, because I stayed in both AKL Kidani and then to Coronado Springs )

Obviously nobody is dumb enough to interpret "Fair" as a good result for a survey that bottoms out at "Fair". But your claim is still dubious and I'll just leave it at that.

ETA: Regardless, Disney surveys are usually evaluated based on percentage of "Excellent" responses. So Kilimanjaro is rated excellent by 85% of guests or whatever. There's not much stratification over whether a non-excellent rating was Poor, Fair, Good, or whatever else.
Why? What is Fair for you?
Fair seems to be "average" for me.
I dont think "Fair" is considered in the "bad" side.
but merely "ok".

Yeah, we all got together years ago and planned out how we would lie about Disney surveys for years on several different websites...
7fiq8fg.gif

BrerJon

It's virtually impossible without a 3rd gate. Assuming both parks have 10M in annual attendance that's roughly 55,000 guests a day spread between the 2 parks. 15,000 rooms at an average of 3 people per room is 45,000 guests. That's over 80% of guests staying on property. Even with all the rooms and tineshares at WDW the number is still probably closer to 50/50. Unless both Universal parks are going to surpass MK in attendance (which would be uncomfortable) they would need a 3rd gate.

I think part of Universal's strategy is to not so much to get them to spend all the time in their parks, but to get guests to see them as being the more sensible place to use as a base for an Orlando vacation.

At the moment many people stay on WDW property but travel off to Universal, Sea World, Legoland etc. as well as being locked in to Disney. Many guests, especially overseas ones, want to spend some of their vacation shopping in Millennia or Premium Outlets, or taking in the smaller attractions on I-Drive, or just would enjoy being a little nearer to the airport.

By building more themed hotels, Universal is making the case that for guests doing more than just Disney, being based in that part of town makes far more sense than trekking down to Lake Buena Vista. If those guests then spend an extra day or two than they would have in Universal's parks, then that's a bonus.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think part of Universal's strategy is to not so much to get them to spend all the time in their parks, but to get guests to see them as being the more sensible place to use as a base for an Orlando vacation.

At the moment many people stay on WDW property but travel off to Universal, Sea World, Legoland etc. as well as being locked in to Disney. Many guests, especially overseas ones, want to spend some of their vacation shopping in Millennia or Premium Outlets, or taking in the smaller attractions on I-Drive, or just would enjoy being a little nearer to the airport.

By building more themed hotels, Universal is making the case that for guests doing more than just Disney, being based in that part of town makes far more sense than trekking down to Lake Buena Vista. If those guests then spend an extra day or two than they would have in Universal's parks, then that's a bonus.
That could be part of the plan. The only flaw is that they don't own the hotels outright. They are JVs with Loews. They still make money from the hotel business, but not the full profit margin. That could change in the future. I think on one of the calls Burke referenced building more hotels because the average hotel guest spent twice as much time in their parks as someone staying off property.

BrerJon

5th gate is so far off of their radar... there's a reason they're pumping a billion into rebuilding Hollywood Studios and expanding AK into a full day park.

Where on earth do you get the idea that they're pumping a billion into DHS? In another of your posts you mentioned Star Wars and Pixar expansions, more pie in the sky, surely. All that is just fanboy guessing as far as I can tell. The *only* thing that has been announced for DHS is the third track for Toy Story, Frozen Summer and Star Wars Weekends events. Anything else is pure speculation.

lazyboy97o

That could be part of the plan. The only flaw is that they don't own the hotels outright. They are JVs with Loews. They still make money from the hotel business, but not the full profit margin. That could change in the future. I think on one of the calls Burke referenced building more hotels because the average hotel guest spent twice as much time in their parks as someone staying off property.
Universal doesn't care about others getting a cut. That's why the resort is full of so many licensed properties.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Universal doesn't care about others getting a cut. That's why the resort is full of so many licensed properties.
I don't disagree with that. But with the lack of available real estate I would think a 3rd gate would be more profitable than building additional hotels geared towards people that aren't going to visit the parks. Just my opinion.

lazyboy97o

I don't disagree with that. But with the lack of available real estate I would think a 3rd gate would be more profitable than building additional hotels geared towards people that aren't going to visit the parks. Just my opinion.
But it fits right with Universal's strategy of getting just a little bit more. They're not emulating Disney's [current] "all or nothing" view.

Next Big Thing

No excuses, flat out.

I've been visiting since 1974. The restrooms were near pristine, even on the busiest days of the year. The only ones that were ever iffy sometimes were at the TTC and 'iffy' ain't filthy.

Disney flat out understaffs custodial at MK and that's why they have these issues.
I definitely agree they are purposefully understaffed, which, as I later posted, leads to why the other parks seem staffed appropriately and are cleaner overall.

There's no excuses for the #1 attended park in the world to be understaffed in a position that is so prominent to park cleanliness.

PhotoDave219

I definitely agree they are purposefully understaffed, which, as I later posted, leads to why the other parks seem staffed appropriately and are cleaner overall.

There's no excuses for the #1 attended park in the world to be understaffed in a position that is so prominent to park cleanliness.

Well I take umbrage with the upper management of custodial, especially the area managers. But thats because its personal and they screwed over a good friend. Shame they were more interested in covering their own and a 20-year career.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom