A Spirited Perfect Ten

TalkingHead

For whatever reason, I've enjoyed Gringotts the more times I've been on it. The integration of screens and set has become more evident to me as I've absorbed more of the experience. I'm not sure what AAs would have worked in the ride -- AA of Voldemort? Of Bellatrix? I think it would look weird to have a character represented by a mix of screen and robotic figures.

I know Universal crowds were the subject of discussion awhile back. Felt today like they had a good holiday turnout. 45-60 min wait for Dragon Challenge. 60 min for FJ, Despicable Me, Gringotts, Spidey, etc.

Biggest surprise for me was the 60 min wait for Hogwarts Express Hogsmeade Station. This was late in the day -- I'm guessing people line up to go to Studios since it's opened later.

Cowfish was good. Not sure we'll go back. Service was good at lunch. Burgers were good, too. I'll never get used to seeing soda on a menu for $3.19. Water's fine, thanks.

Mike S

For whatever reason, I've enjoyed Gringotts the more times I've been on it. The integration of screens and set has become more evident to me as I've absorbed more of the experience. I'm not sure what AAs would have worked in the ride -- AA of Voldemort? Of Bellatrix? I think it would look weird to have a character represented by a mix of screen and robotic figures.

I know Universal crowds were the subject of discussion awhile back. Felt today like they had a good holiday turnout. 45-60 min wait for Dragon Challenge. 60 min for FJ, Despicable Me, Gringotts, Spidey, etc.

Biggest surprise for me was the 60 min wait for Hogwarts Express Hogsmeade Station. This was late in the day -- I'm guessing people line up to go to Studios since it's opened later.

Cowfish was good. Not sure we'll go back. Service was good at lunch. Burgers were good, too. I'll never get used to seeing soda on a menu for $3.19. Water's fine, thanks.
I wouldn't have minded an AA Dragon that breathed fire in there somewhere but in the end Gringotts is still a great ride and now we have Kong to look forward to which WILL have AA's.

RSoxNo1

Fyi, the Poly lobby furniture looks like it's from 1971.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 162

Cesar R M

DLP is getting top to bottom (or bottom, if you look at the new restrooms, to top) work all over the resort. It's a great thing for those of us who love the place. In two years, the place is going to look spectacular.

But you know ... the place was in danger of shutting down!:D
does this means a row of new themed bathrooms?
whos up for another tangled potty?

NearTheEars

Had to restrain myself from punching a fellow guest tonight.
He thought the Haunted Mansion was missing something from its audio track and decided to scream bloody murder every couple of minutes throughout the ride, ruining it for a host of guests. Folks even started angrily yelling at him, which didn't help much.

He was very pleased with himself.

How unfortunate. I hope it wasn't anyone's first ride.

Longhairbear

I called my guide at DVC to express my displeasure at the new Poly DVC. She was equally disenchanted to a point. Of course she had her script to follow, but her heart was not in it. I could hear it in her voice. We agreed that the new Trader Sam's Grotto was a plus. I'd love to know how sales are going, after all the various polls here on this site and others have a 70-75% disapproval rate among current DVC members. Now that's got to be a first among we pixie dusters.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He thought the Haunted Mansion was missing something from its audio track and decided to scream bloody murder every couple of minutes throughout the ride, ruining it for a host of guests. Folks even started angrily yelling at him, which didn't help much.

Wow. There's nothing like waiting forever in line, and then having some imbecile ruin the best ride experience in the park for all others. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

PhotoDave219

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Nothing to worry about. Avatar will continue to slip & be delayed.

They're waiting for the theme park numbers to see if people are still interested in it.

Have to be careful if they're using theme park numbers. Personally, I think the Avatar area in DAK will be popular because 1) it will be well done (I think this, I don't know this) and 2) there's not a lot of ride capacity in DAK. However, if the land opens without much interest and interest grows as people decide they like the area this would not bode well for the movie. It also wouldn't surprise me if the movie was no good. I think JC may realize that the overall general public delayed reaction to the franchise was, "It is OK", so he'll have a short leash with the sequels. Perhaps, the re-writes etc. are a tacit acknowledgement of this.

PhotoDave219

Have to be careful if they're using theme park numbers. Personally, I think the Avatar area in DAK will be popular because 1) it will be well done (I think this, I don't know this) and 2) there's not a lot of ride capacity in DAK. However, if the land opens without much interest and interest grows as people decide they like the area this would not bode well for the movie. It also wouldn't surprise me if the movie was no good. I think JC may realize that the overall general public delayed reaction to the franchise was, "It is OK", so he'll have a short leash with the sequels. Perhaps, the re-writes etc. are a tacit acknowledgement of this.

Oh, you took me seriously?

It was a play on Bobby waiting on Ep7 numbers before starting a Star Wars expansion but in reverse.....

GrammieBee

Some people are just plain idiots; not to mention being royal pains.. You get to the point of wanting to kick them in the you know where, while, at the same time, feeling bad for them and their families for leading what must be a sorry, unhappy life if they need attention that badly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom