A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
While not as interesting as the SPIRITed articles referenced earlier, I came across this today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/07/us-china-tourism-idUSKBN0MY1W220150407

Certainly provides interesting insight and makes one wonder where the line may be for behaviors getting you on "the list". My more cynical self thinks it might be worthwhile to have China loan some "observers" to WDW for a month or two...

I must have missed this, but I find it fascinating for both cultural and geo-political reasons.

And I think the Chinese 'observers' would go out of their minds watching the behavior of just the O-Town Lifestyler Brigade. I can't even begin to fathom what they'd think of many tourists!

Thanks for posting.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yes, but this was the announcement how her responsibilities will be distributed (and that she was not being replaced)

It's not a big deal, but worth mentioning so thanks.

I do think this likely means Georgie K has less than a year left with WDW and with Disney. So, the question really is: who the he ll is going to replace him? I can't imagine them leap-frogging Danny Cockerell (even though he was No. 2 at the MK if I'm not mistaken ... I know he was head of merchandise there for a while too.) to his pre-ordained position without replacing Holmes first. But who knows?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Here's the article: http://yourfinancialnews.net/author/gary-snyder/
It's easy to find and it was not scrubbed from the net in the USA. It's my understanding that Mr. Snyder was a writer and developed reality television shows in the early days of that genre. I guess he then got involved in some television production. Based upon those Op-Ed articles I'd say he has some skill as a writer.

That's quite interesting. But I'm curious, what did you type into a search to find that? Because I can't pull it on a simple Google search, even adding pertinent terms. That tends to mean you'd have to know what you're looking for. Even typing the title of the entire story won't reveal it ... so, since I am so bad with tech (ask my buddy and BRAND advisor, Jake!) what are you doing to find this? Thanks.

I'm not really hiding anything except for the fact that I don't write pretty like you. As a result I often misspell words or make grammatical mistakes and I don't immediately see them until I reread my posts. I then go back and correct the errors. And sometimes I think of some additional extra special information and rather than creating a new post, I'll just add it to one of my existing posts. I'm not a real fast thinker.

You think I write pretty? :happy: Seriously, you write just fine. You get your points out quite well, even if I don't agree with some of them. And I am embarrassed often by spelling, grammar, syntax etc. I always swore it didn't matter and I wouldn't go back and edit them (lest someone accuse me of trying to hide something or changing my tune when all I was doing was adding a letter or removing a misplaced comma) ... but I think I may do that as I often am posting when doing six other things and the results may not be as clear as I want.

I actually edited a post a while ago where I said something incorrect. Of course, I left the OP up and simply added an edit because I am allowed to make a mistake on a Disney message board without it damaging my BRAND, ya know?:greedy::devilish::cool:

Phil12

That's quite interesting. But I'm curious, what did you type into a search to find that? Because I can't pull it on a simple Google search, even adding pertinent terms. That tends to mean you'd have to know what you're looking for. Even typing the title of the entire story won't reveal it ... so, since I am so bad with tech (ask my buddy and BRAND advisor, Jake!) what are you doing to find this? Thanks.
disney articles by gary snyder

You think I write pretty? :happy: Seriously, you write just fine. You get your points out quite well, even if I don't agree with some of them. And I am embarrassed often by spelling, grammar, syntax etc. I always swore it didn't matter and I wouldn't go back and edit them (lest someone accuse me of trying to hide something or changing my tune when all I was doing was adding a letter or removing a misplaced comma) ... but I think I may do that as I often am posting when doing six other things and the results may not be as clear as I want.

I actually edited a post a while ago where I said something incorrect. Of course, I left the OP up and simply added an edit because I am allowed to make a mistake on a Disney message board without it damaging my BRAND, ya know?:greedy::devilish::cool:
You have a wonderful vocabulary and you chose your words wisely. You paint pictures with your writing that can be soft as a fuzzy bunny or sharp and pointed as an ice pick. I don't know whether you're a naturally gifted writer of if you've spent years perfecting your skill. I suspect it's a little of both. I also think you're sincere in your desire change the imperfections you see in TWDC.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Late Night Quickee:

Oh, c'mon, y'all know you want one ... and I'm in position to deliver. And since I just was confirmed this ... well, why not put it out.

Fulton's will be closing soon at TSFkaDD. Now, please don't tell a certain Empress because he'll get all up in there as the kids used to say in like 2011.

As I was told, Levy's restaurants will still operate a location out of the one-time vessel named for Walt Disney's wife, Lilian. It will be a new concept and a nautical one.

I don't have a timeline on its closing or when its replacement might debut. Its closure is likely due to multiple factors, including all the new locations opening up.

While it in no way had the class of the Empress Lilly, I will miss it as it was one of my favorite on-property lunch locales. And even though I lost my taste for lobster (my childhood favorite food) about the time I ended college, I always appreciated that -- say unlike The Coral Reef -- this was a seafood restaurant that served lobster and not a pork chop. It had what I felt was the best burger on WDW property the last 15 years -- and it was once a phenomenal deal at $9.99 with a side before a 20% AP discount. It now is something like $17.99 or typical Disney pricing, but still just as good and still with that discount.

(On a side note, I'm thinking of being like a Lifestyler and asking for donations from my fans, so I can eat a $49 steak with $21 mushrooms and $21 asparagus and $10 dessert at The Boathouse on my next visit ...if the whores can get freebies, why shouldn't a Faux Top One Percenter?)

Cesar R M

Spirited Late Night Quickee:

Oh, c'mon, y'all know you want one ... and I'm in position to deliver. And since I just was confirmed this ... well, why not put it out.

Fulton's will be closing soon at TSFkaDD. Now, please don't tell a certain Empress because he'll get all up in there as the kids used to say in like 2011.

As I was told, Levy's restaurants will still operate a location out of the one-time vessel named for Walt Disney's wife, Lilian. It will be a new concept and a nautical one.

I don't have a timeline on its closing or when its replacement might debut. Its closure is likely due to multiple factors, including all the new locations opening up.

While it in no way had the class of the Empress Lilly, I will miss it as it was one of my favorite on-property lunch locales. And even though I lost my taste for lobster (my childhood favorite food) about the time I ended college, I always appreciated that -- say unlike The Coral Reef -- this was a seafood restaurant that served lobster and not a pork chop. It had what I felt was the best burger on WDW property the last 15 years -- and it was once a phenomenal deal at $9.99 with a side before a 20% AP discount. It now is something like $17.99 or typical Disney pricing, but still just as good and still with that discount.

(On a side note, I'm thinking of being like a Lifestyler and asking for donations from my fans, so I can eat a $49 steak with $21 mushrooms and $21 asparagus and $10 dessert at The Boathouse on my next visit ...if the whores can get freebies, why shouldn't a Faux Top One Percenter?)
wow, so Fulton's is closing?
what will replace it then? something similar?

dang, I really liked the Lobster Bisqué there!

phillip sugarman

Now that it is officially confirmed that the hatbox ghost is returning to the haunted mansion in disneyland, when do you expect it to get added to the haunted mansion in the magic kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom