A Spirited Perfect Ten

bhg469

Changes they just keep a come'n. Now the petty. AP discount of 50% for mini golf to 15%. So instead of AP holders putting 50% into the pockets of Disney likely most will not part with anything now. Silly perk to take away. The rehab of Winter mini must be cost'n. Sign of the times.
With the Uber abundance of mini golf places in central florida you would think they would want to keep you from using one of the other hundred alternatives.

tribbleorlfl

If Disney had a food court that wasn't pulling the numbers like International Food and Film wasn't, it would swiftly become 'open seasonally' (ie - closed).

Universal on the other hand took the opportunity to turn one of the quietest locations in the park to one of the most popular. It's such a different mindset.
To be fair, UO has always (and continues to) operated several restaurants seasonally.

BrerJon

To be fair, UO has always (and continues to) operated several restaurants seasonally.

Yes but when they seasonal, they mean seasonal - they're open in busy periods, closed in quiet ones, whereas in Disney it's a euphemism for shuttered almost permanently.

Magic Kingdom is *always* busy, and yet places like Golden Oak or Tomorrowland Terrace are pretty much only open on Christmas Day and 4th July, if that.

PhotoDave219

Changes they just keep a come'n. Now the petty. AP discount of 50% for mini golf to 15%. So instead of AP holders putting 50% into the pockets of Disney likely most will not part with anything now. Silly perk to take away. The rehab of Winter mini must be cost'n. Sign of the times.

Actually yes, I just ran into That the other night… Oh well.

Nubs70

You're absolutely right in that the fallacy is quantifying A number of attractions and having that equate to having a good time.

My enjoyment of the Walt Disney World resort is inversely proportional to the amount of people there. For example, if there's Low attendance I'm going to have a fantastic time.

I honestly think that there is a cadre of people inside the corporate offices that spends Obseen amount of time trying to disprove The guests are much happier when the attendance is much lower.

Makes me think the flat earth society is well alive inside the corporate offices…
That is because the t-test and correlation
coefficient said there is no significance between attendance and enjoyment.

Last edited:

jensenrick

And this is what is wrong with WDW. Instead of using the expansion pad between Mexico and Norway for a state of the art Frozen ride they are gonna use it for a freaking Meet and Greet. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just for clarity- are you saying you would have been okay with a new state of the art Frozen ride - in EPCOT?

Cesar R M

I think you just called me fat and as soon as I get my ECV charged I'm gonna find you and hurl my churro at you with great force.
zp4cUOs.gif

I saw this happen on Cheaters.
CPINbGM.jpg

dupac

you mean on how they skew the surveys and feedback papers to always have a positive opinion regardless of how bad the thing is?
Hah, yes.

I mean think about it. Who gets 9 rides in a day? Maybe people who have visited before? People who know how to work the system? And then you ask them how likely it is that they will return. It's like giving the survey to a bunch of wdwmagic members.

Goofyernmost

The point is some people don't want to drive or can't - many from overseas don't want the stress of driving on the other side of the road, different traffic laws etc., plus anyone under 25 can't easily rent a car without taking out a mortgage, so there are plenty of reasons to not drive in Orlando.

But with a combination of reasonably priced cabs, Lynx buses, hotel shuttles and Disney buses, it's very easy for a non-driver staying off-property to get around almost as quickly as anyone staying on property and using the Disney buses exclusively, for far less cost.
I don't think it is about the reasons other then the one glaring one and that is that unless you immerse yourself completely in the Disney experience your time will be wasted. or that you need that to enjoy the place. It is nothing more then brain washing and the effort to make you think that it is necessary.

Many people do not want to drive, we all know that, and that desire is very costly in money and experience, but, they probably are not the ones that are complaining about the costs or feeling that they cannot go to WDW because it costs so much. There are far more positive reasons to stay offsite then there are negative as long as you are willing to drive a car. If not, then by all means, they should stay on property. I cannot speak for others but, my only reason for pushing this part of it is because it is just wrong for people to think that the Disney experience can only be achieved by paying a kings ransom to do so. I also realize that it is a personal decision concerning how they want to spend their money, but, it is not backed up by any unimagined reasons to feel compelled to do so. There are options to paying through the nose, not everyone wants too, or can afford to spend that kind of money. I just want people, mostly those that have never been or have never stayed offsite, to know that there is nothing awful about doing that and that they can still have a great time and not spend every moment enveloped by the Mouse.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
With the Uber abundance of mini golf places in central florida you would think they would want to keep you from using one of the other hundred alternatives.

Maybe they will start 'surge pricing' for mini golf....or they could hire people from F&R Auto sales in Massachuesetts to take money from people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom