A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Not being a Lou Mangello reader, never had visited his "radio" website until just now I couldn't find any open solicitations except for links to iTunes for various "guides" that are for sale.

No obnoxious banners, in fact very little advertising unless I am on the wrong website.
Neither I, but I was imagining him to be obnoxious in twitter and other social media sites.
Plus his prior "drama" related to past posts... (to resume, I expect bad from him, not good. all thanks of his reputation)

Trust me... as an IT, I've seen plenty of annoying begging everywhere. from games to art sites.

NearTheEars

It's a shame though that they are still using the frozen waffles.

This is nothing out of line for podcasts or websites, looking well beyond Disney focused ones, that offer large quantities of free content. It's like PBS stations offering gifts in exchange for donations.

He is using a PBS type model, even calling them pledges at one point.

He mentioned Magicband covers at one point as a gift. I thought those were outlawed.

PhotoDave219

Yeah, it can be done--if you know the park and have a brother who lives WDW (and oh yeah, parents who work there, lol). ;)

Average guest, I'm sure number of rides roughly corresponds to their level of enjoyment--if they are having a good day, they stay and ride more. But it doesn't drive it. Because most of them aren't even using FP and don't know all the plans and strategies.

You're absolutely right in that the fallacy is quantifying A number of attractions and having that equate to having a good time.

My enjoyment of the Walt Disney World resort is inversely proportional to the amount of people there. For example, if there's Low attendance I'm going to have a fantastic time.

I honestly think that there is a cadre of people inside the corporate offices that spends Obseen amount of time trying to disprove The guests are much happier when the attendance is much lower.

Makes me think the flat earth society is well alive inside the corporate offices…

MickeyPeace

I love Ocean Park, some of its vistas are just breathtaking (the gondolas from the back of the park to the front), the coaster that has track over the South China Sea. But it is a hodgepodge of 70s amusement park and aquarium along with 90s theme park rides and incredible new animal exhibits with top notch theming, all on multiple levels.

It is interesting and I can't wait to experience it again (the Grand Aquarium was just being started on my last visit). Not looking forward to the mess the new Aberdeen MTR construction is causing.

But, as a Disney fan, I'd never visit HK and not go to DL. The place won me over on my first visit on a wretchedly hot and humid and sunny August day in 2008. And I fell in love when I lived there for part of 2010 and watched the construction start on the three new mini-lands. All HKDL has done is get better every year since opening. ... Can you say the same thing about the MK? You know, the world's (cough ... cough ... choke ... ) No. 1 attended theme park? OK, can you say it without the medicinal marijuana? Can you say it without Mickey's Lifestyler henchmen holding a giant turkey leg at your head?

Yes Ocean Park did seem retro but to me but was fun. I rode those cable cars. Saw the pandas. And left early lol because it was Chinese New Year and the park was insanely busy. But I'm aware that they are adding a lot of new stuff to it now. And yes that coaster on a hill side going over the water was insane, in a good way!

I love HK and if I go back I would definitely go to HKDL now!! I love the new attractions. BTW, If you haven't visited the Buddha on Lantau you must do that. And take those sick cable cars over the mountain, lol. They have glass bottoms and I almost puked. And the shopping mall in Lantau has some great stuff. I bought an insanely beautiful gold Puma gym bag that I take to WDW now. There is so much to do in Hong Kong.

I happen to agree with you on 99% of your WDW views.

Let me say I'm sorry about the illness that you mentioned with family. I understand hospitals because after my last WDW in June 2014 I came back to NYC and was assaulted on the street. Long story short, my skull was cracked on the street, I was in a coma for a month, had a series of seizures and two surgeries removing part of my skull and replacing it with a fake skull. I spent 3.5 months in hospitals. And now I'm home and still healing. But I'm a strong man. And a badass. I told you to prove that I am a man of my word and do not make up stuff.

Keep up your great work no matter what you are doing in life. It's important to have a strong mind and be positive.
And that's why I enjoy you're writing. lol

Peace

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
High fructose corn syrup is a mixture of fructose, glucose, and water. It is actually very similar to honey and sometimes honey can be adulterated or stretched with HFCS. Fructose can be found in things like berries, flowers, and other super duper stuff. Glucose usually comes from sugar cane, beets, and other wondrous food stuffs. The problem isn't with the molecules themselves, but with the fact that we humans can, literally, consume as much of these molecules as we want since we have removed ourselves from the food chain. I, for one, am happy with this development. One side effect is that many of us don't have the self-control necessary to avoid excessive ingestion of these molecules (we like us some sugars) and may move the centroid of the health probability Gaussian curve in the unhealthy direction of whichever axis we have our overall health plotted on. Thanks and good night one and all.

Nemo14

High fructose corn syrup is a mixture of fructose, glucose, and water. It is actually very similar to honey and sometimes honey can be adulterated or stretched with HFCS. Fructose can be found in things like berries, flowers, and other super duper stuff. Glucose usually comes from sugar cane, beets, and other wondrous food stuffs. The problem isn't with the molecules themselves, but with the fact that we humans can, literally, consume as much of these molecules as we want since we have removed ourselves from the food chain. I, for one, am happy with this development. One side effect is that many of us don't have the self-control necessary to avoid excessive ingestion of these molecules (we like us some sugars) and may move the centroid of the health probability Gaussian curve in the unhealthy direction of whichever axis we have our overall health plotted on. Thanks and good night one and all.
:geek:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
One side effect is that many of us don't have the self-control necessary to avoid excessive ingestion of these molecules (we like us some sugars) and may move the centroid of the health probability Gaussian curve in the unhealthy direction of whichever axis we have our overall health plotted on. Thanks and good night one and all.
I think you just called me fat and as soon as I get my ECV charged I'm gonna find you and hurl my churro at you with great force.

OlympiaBinewski

It's refined sugar.
It's sugar.
Splitting hairs over it is useless when it comes to ones health.
Avoid refined and processed foods as much as possible - "If man made it, don't eat it!" As Jacl LaLanne said.
Choosing cane sugar over beet sugar, or fructose will have zero impact on your health.

Right, your body doesn't care - sugars are metabolized the same way regardless of source.

Last edited:

michmousefan

I agree, we always rent a car. It allows us to eat at some great restaurants (Columbia in Celebration for example or Bern's Steak House which is only an hour away in Tampa) at much lower prices than eating at WDW. Also of course it makes trips to Universal, Sea World, etc easy to do. I have found for the most part except during peak periods car rental prices are very reasonable in Orlando. Often we save more money on food by being able to eat offsite than the cost of the rental car. And we have so much more freedom.

I can understand why some people would rather not ever leave the bubble of WDW but for us it works well.
A car is definitely the way to go even if you are staying on property. We have favorite places like the Celebration Town Tavern (likely not as authentic "boston tavern" as they would like it to be, but no matter, I'm from Michigan anyway). Even if not staying on property, it's worth the parking charge to have the ability to keep stuff in the car and/or quickly get from one park or resort to another, as we are park-hoppers with the best of them. With the cost of a Disney vacation, who wants to waste 30, 40 or 50 minutes dealing with bus transportation?

Also, the ability to get to Uni for a day or two is a must-have option for us.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I saw this happen on Cheaters.
image.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Changes they just keep a come'n. Now the petty. AP discount of 50% for mini golf to 15%. So instead of AP holders putting 50% into the pockets of Disney likely most will not part with anything now. Silly perk to take away. The rehab of Winter mini must be cost'n. Sign of the times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom