A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Remember back in the day (like, a month ago), everyone thought $100 was too much for a 1-day theme park ticket?

Now $100 will buy you a 20-minute boat ride around a construction zone. No fireworks. No drop at the end. No Mary Blair dolls. Not even a dragon cave. For a C-note.

Which construction zone? DTD?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It would be most helpful if someone would explain to what you are referring.

Disney has collected a bunch of Amphicars and they are offering a ride around what used to be PI for 100 bucks for those with no idea what a Amphicar is I include the following

1964Amphicar_02_700.jpg

6313245918_0a38c6d36e_o.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Mmmm. Female Thor is preeeeetty sweet. Since you've made it clear you don't read the comics, let me enlighten you a bit on Marvel's Thor. Essentially, Thor is not only a person, but also a title. It's all about who wields Mjolnir.

The hammer reads: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

A few other people have been "Thor" in the comics, so this isn't exactly new. (BETA RAY BILL FOR LIFE!)
Recently, Thor lost his arm during a battle, and a mysterious, bad-*** woman picks up Mjolnir and rocks it. Female Thor rocks, plain and simple. And technically this isn't even the first female Thor. See: Thordis.

I did note that i'm very familiar with Norse mythology and well let's say that Thor always has been male

TalkingHead

I dunno, I thought it was a fitting end to the series. No, the title of "worst book ever written" (to me) was The Great Gatsby (though like your opinion of Book 7, is not an opinion shared by the majority of literary critics or readers).

That's as bad as saying Stitch's Great Escape is the pinnacle of Imagineering.

In other words, crazy talk.

(Yeah, I know: it's all subjective.)

71jason

Disney has collected a bunch of Amphicars and they are offering a ride around what used to be PI for 100 bucks for those with no idea what a Amphicar is I include the following

To clarify, third party, not Disney.

Just last night I was telling a friend I thought Boathouse had the best chance of taking off in Disney Springs (he was offered a job there, had never heard of it). But this, and the rumors of plates starting at $40, makes me think Schussler seriously misread the market.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Just last night I was telling a friend I thought Boathouse had the best chance of taking off in Disney Springs (he was offered a job there, had never heard of it). But this, and the rumors of plates starting at $40, makes me think Schussler seriously misread the market.

I would agree unless Disney fed him inflated market numbers so he thought the market could actually support that kind of dining.

BrerJon

My guess is that at that price, they won't be all that popular and the whole thing will be scrapped.

The $100 isn't per person though, is it? I thought it was for the rental of the car and driver, but the car can take three people so when split between everyone that's $33 each. At that price, I can see lots of people going for it just for the novelty factor.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Norse Mythology ≠ Marvel Comics

But you keep on shining.

Movie audience != Marvel Graphic Novel fans.

This will also insult some who worship the 'Old Gods' yes they are few in number but this will get a non zero population riled up. no I'm not one of them.

Thor to this point has been OK with that crowd as the MCU version has done more or less what the 'REAL' Thor would have done and he's male so that's OK.

Once again TWDC demonstrates it's cultural tone deafness.

Disneyhead'71

The $100 isn't per person though, is it? I thought it was for the rental of the car and driver, but the car can take three people so when split between everyone that's $33 each. At that price, I can see lots of people going for it just for the novelty factor.
As a Dad, I see it as droppin' a C-Note for 20 min. of family fun.

I believe we will spend that $100 at I-Drive 360. The Orlando Eye looks pretty cool. And is about $18 per person.

CaptainAmerica

That's true SO FAR, But look what's coming down the pike a female THOR and some other similar cinematic 'gems', I'm not a graphic novel fan, But I am pretty well versed in norse mythology, There are plenty of female warriors in the mythos which could be used and who would introduce a NEW character with her own development path.

Yet Disney chooses to bastardize one of the best known norse demigods because they are afraid to break new ground.
I'm sorry but you're wildly misinformed on this. Female Thor was introduced months ago in the comic books and has absolutely nothing to do with the Marvel films. There is absolutely zero indication that we'll ever see a female Thor in a Marvel movie.

CaptainAmerica

Movie audience != Marvel Graphic Novel fans.

This will also insult some who worship the 'Old Gods' yes they are few in number but this will get a non zero population riled up. no I'm not one of them.

Thor to this point has been OK with that crowd as the MCU version has done more or less what the 'REAL' Thor would have done and he's male so that's OK.

Once again TWDC demonstrates it's cultural tone deafness.
I just...

I can't...

Wh...

Never mind.

PhotoDave219

I think it could work. They've got a gimmick.

But it's high risk, high reward.

doctornick

I thought the same thing about GotG. When I saw the very early promos (mostly posters and such) my first thought was "really? A fricken raccoon?" But it really surprised me. It pushed the boundaries into an area that I didn't feel comfortable showing my young children, which I think Marvel needed.

That's interesting. I actually brought my youngish children (ages 5 and 7) to see GotG and it's the only MCU film I have gone to see with them in the movies. I thought it was fine for kids since the violence was more "cartoonish" with aliens and lasers and all that jazz. I didn't take them to CA:TWS for example due to all the gun violence and AoU looks way too creepy for me to feel comfortable for them to see.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That's interesting. I actually brought my youngish children (ages 5 and 7) to see GotG and it's the only MCU film I have gone to see with them in the movies. I thought it was fine for kids since the violence was more "cartoonish" with aliens and lasers and all that jazz. I didn't take them to CA:TWS for example due to all the gun violence and AoU looks way too creepy for me to feel comfortable for them to see.
Interesting. I just fealt the language was a bit much for them. Didn't want to have to explain what was meant by "my **** message".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom