A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What the hell are you talking about? The entire point of this string of the conversation is about how the Marvel Studios films haven't sacrificed quality and rested on brand equity. Those films are Sony's Spiderman, DC's Man of Steel, etc.

That's true SO FAR, But look what's coming down the pike a female THOR and some other similar cinematic 'gems', I'm not a graphic novel fan, But I am pretty well versed in norse mythology, There are plenty of female warriors in the mythos which could be used and who would introduce a NEW character with her own development path.

Yet Disney chooses to bastardize one of the best known norse demigods because they are afraid to break new ground.

bhg469

I'm familiar with what an analogy is, thank you, but my statement stands.

The fact that the affection in a consumer/corporation relationship can be seen as analogous to the affection in a child/parent relationship says more about the poster than it does about about Disney.
Disney world... not disney as a whole... You're seemingly confusing the two when most of us here are critical of the parks, obviously at its root, Disney is responsible but you're assuming everyone here is in love with the company when it is the parks that we're discussing..

tribbleorlfl

Serious question... why do pro-vaccination forums exist?

Yeah but who's VISITING the pro-Vax site other than other pro-vaxxers. Seems a bit like preaching to the choir.
As @ford91exploder, @Cesar R M and others said, PV sites exist to counter and refute the AV lunacy with facts, logic and reason. While the majority of those that visit are indeed PV'ers, I personally don't believe in letting lies and ignorance go unchecked. We organize around vaccination-related legislation, news reports related to vaccines and vaccine-related diseases (since the AV'ers swarm those(those) and troll AV sites and groups.

Besides, we do get several AV'ers that feebly attempt to debate us and a few confused parents looking for answers, so if we can keep just one family from "turning to the dark side," then it's worth it.

tribbleorlfl

When we were getting a superhero movie every other summer or so, I was on board. 3-4 superhero movies a year, the TV line up is chocked full of them, and the full on marketing campaigns have sort of super saturated the market. I'm kinda over superheros right now.
As a long-time comics fan, I'm not (though I can see how more mainstream consumers are).

ToInfinityAndBeyond

That's true SO FAR, But look what's coming down the pike a female THOR and some other similar cinematic 'gems', I'm not a graphic novel fan, But I am pretty well versed in norse mythology, There are plenty of female warriors in the mythos which could be used and who would introduce a NEW character with her own development path.

Yet Disney chooses to bastardize one of the best known norse demigods because they are afraid to break new ground.

Mmmm. Female Thor is preeeeetty sweet. Since you've made it clear you don't read the comics, let me enlighten you a bit on Marvel's Thor. Essentially, Thor is not only a person, but also a title. It's all about who wields Mjolnir.

The hammer reads: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

A few other people have been "Thor" in the comics, so this isn't exactly new. (BETA RAY BILL FOR LIFE!)
Recently, Thor lost his arm during a battle, and a mysterious, bad- woman picks up Mjolnir and rocks it. Female Thor rocks, plain and simple. And technically this isn't even the first female Thor. See: Thordis.

asianway

The worst book I've ever read in my life. I was a Barnes-and-Noble-at-midnight Potter fan and Deathly Hallows effectively destroyed my childhood. It erased ten years of my life.
The rapid bloodbath of characters who were developed for years with no real purpose p'ed me off. The movie did no better-blink and you missed the death scenes. Instead of any of them creating emotion it just numbed you

BrerJon

They've done live action Winnie the Pooh before

I loved that show when I was a kid. I'd love if they aired it on Disney junior or something but not a feature length film.

Aw that was a great show. I can see the live action movie being very different.

Set in the real world, Christopher Robin is an American teenager in Harlem, bullied in school and his only friend is his toy bear. One day, the bear comes to life, and together with Piglet, Eeyore and a snarky wise-cracking Tigger, a hilarious Smurfts/Chipmunks-type CGI/live-action hybrid adventure around the streets of New York ensues, with more fart jokes than you can shake a pooh-stick at. With music by Will.i.am and Katy Perry.

stevehousse

Remember back in the day (like, a month ago), everyone thought $100 was too much for a 1-day theme park ticket?

Now $100 will buy you a 20-minute boat ride around a construction zone. No fireworks. No drop at the end. No Mary Blair dolls. Not even a dragon cave. For a C-note.

I saw that this morning and threw up in my mouth a bit! Beyond ridiculous! $50 bucks is the most I would pay for something like this and that's a huge stretch! I'm sure if u asked someone interested in a boat tour like this. "Would u like an additional park ticket or a 20 min boat ride for $100, they would choose an extra park day ticket. I honestly can't see anyone doing this. I really can't wait to see how many car boats are actually on the water when I go next month!

asianway

Remember back in the day (like, a month ago), everyone thought $100 was too much for a 1-day theme park ticket?

Now $100 will buy you a 20-minute boat ride around a construction zone. No fireworks. No drop at the end. No Mary Blair dolls. Not even a dragon cave. For a C-note.
Making a list of things that cost a C Note and this is coming up at the bottom

PhotoDave219

I heard or read somewhere that there is a direct correlation between superhero popularity and the general feeling of security by the General populous. During times where the population feels secure, superheroes are not as popular. During times of general insecurity, they are very popular. With what's going on in the world right now I'm not surprised that there is a strong appetite for movies that show a distinct good vs evil message where the bad guy gets his/her due justice in the end.

Certainly explains why their Golden Age was around WW2.

BernardandBianca

I saw that this morning and threw up in my mouth a bit! Beyond ridiculous! $50 bucks is the most I would pay for something like this and that's a huge stretch! I'm sure if u asked someone interested in a boat tour like this. "Would u like an additional park ticket or a 20 min boat ride for $100, they would choose an extra park day ticket. I honestly can't see anyone doing this. I really can't wait to see how many car boats are actually on the water when I go next month!

It would be most helpful if someone would explain to what you are referring.

tribbleorlfl

The worst book I've ever read in my life. I was a Barnes-and-Noble-at-midnight Potter fan and Deathly Hallows effectively destroyed my childhood. It erased ten years of my life.
I dunno, I thought it was a fitting end to the series. No, the title of "worst book ever written" (to me) was The Great Gatsby (though like your opinion of Book 7, is not an opinion shared by the majority of literary critics or readers).

jakeman

I do believe so... when someone is being confrontational and insulting another person's opinions it's not cool. He is not worthy of little Sebastian.
How did I insult your opinion? I stated that your relationship with Disney says more about your perception then anything Disney is doing. If you find that insulting perhaps you should reevaluate said relationship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom