A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

Winnie the Pooh live action sounds ridiculous, but it could work. I would expect something similar to how Paddington was done and looked...
Or this,
Yogi-Bear-Movie-Pic-yogi-bear-18851538-725-408.jpg

Goofyernmost

I'm really really hoping that's not true or an experiment but when I was there in December I did not see as many 'Sweeper CM's' as I have in the past and they seemed to go to specific spots and leave not just roam in search of things to clean.
If we are still talking about WDW, when I was there in February I saw more Sweeper CM's then I have seen around there for years. Maybe they were in stealth mode when you were there. :)

tribbleorlfl

The article was using an existing initiative inside Disney to mock how much of an apologist Lou is for the company. The joke is that he defends the company in a robotic way. I challenge anyone on here to show me how Lou doesn't act as a shill for the company. It's been a running dialog on this and other forums for years. The approach in the article (an April Fools one nonetheless) wasn't over the top because it didn't have to be. The reason why you and others are taking potential offense to it is because it hit so close to home, it was spot on and you all know it.

Lou sells himself and his opinions, but they're filtered. He knows that if he doesn't play nice, he doesn't get access. A significant portion of this thread has been about that very topic as it pertains to the Huffington Post.
While I don't have an opinion on Lou one way or the other, your bolded comment hit home in a way it probably wouldn't on most others.

Why? Because I am active in Pro-vaccination forums and often refute anti-vaxxers on social media and news articles. As a result, I have been called a "Big Pharma Shill©" (and much, much worse) more times than I can recall. I've actually been accused of taking bribes from the Merk, government, CDC, Illuminati and the devil in order to "spread my lies." If I'm on the payroll, someone neglected to inform me and "they" owe me several years of back wages.

In the end, it is a cause I'm passionate about and actively engaged in, but those who don't agree with me ignorantly call me a "shill." In my opinion, it's a lazy insult people lob at others when they don't agree with those people's affirmative position on a topic.

Cesar R M

While I don't have an opinion on Lou one way or the other, your bolded comment hit home in a way it probably wouldn't on most others.

Why? Because I am active in Pro-vaccination forums and often refute anti-vaxxers on social media and news articles. As a result, I have been called a "Big Pharma Shill©" (and much, much worse) more times than I can recall. I've actually been accused of taking bribes from the Merk, government, CDC, Illuminati and the devil in order to "spread my lies." If I'm on the payroll, someone neglected to inform me and "they" owe me several years of back wages.

In the end, it is a cause I'm passionate about and actively engaged in, but those who don't agree with me ignorantly call me a "shill." In my opinion, it's a lazy insult people lob at others when they don't agree with those people's affirmative position on a topic.
Well, there is one giant difference.

Vaccines have been proven for more than 100 years.
I dont think Lou's comments or information will somehow save lives ;)

Cesar R M

If we are still talking about WDW, when I was there in February I saw more Sweeper CM's then I have seen around there for years. Maybe they were in stealth mode when you were there. :)
Or perhaps they do rounds in different areas at different times.
I once seen a bunch of them AFTER the bulk of people had moved on after the parade ended.
they expect a lot of trash as they follow Mickey's last float I suppose.

the.dreamfinder

False equivalency. Lou became the most popular Disney podcaster on the net at the dawn of the social media age. Disney needed a mouthpiece who wasn't an employee so Lou was given most favored nation status in exchange for "shilling" a stale, broken resort to the fans. After all, isn't Disney World better than it ever has been?

Last edited:

asianway

False equivalency. Lou became the most popular Disney podcaster on the net at the dawn of the social media age. Disney needed a mouthpiece that wasn't an employee so Lou was give most favored nation status in exchange for "shilling" a stale, broken resort to the fans. After all, isn't Disney World better than it ever has been?
And Lou gets thousands of dollars of free promos thrown his way every year. It's disclosed in fine print somewhere on the site

Animaniac93-98

There's a difference between posting anonymously on a message board and appearing on TV, in print (quoted in USA Today) and managing your own media content to promote your message.

PhotoDave219

It is that time of year when travel agents and press are brought in for the resort showcase. The event this year is April 29 - May 1 2015.

We don't typically get major announcements at these, but smaller additions may well be announced.

What are you expecting?

Perhaps the Adventureland Veranada project, more on Rivers of Lights and the Kilimanjaro Night Show?

I expect a lot of hype for the 24 hour day and thats about it. Maybe some teases here and there but nothing of any substance whatsoever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom