A Spirited Perfect Ten

lazyboy97o

Actually the worst a computer hacker to do is to steal your personal information & empty your bank accounts I commit massive amounts of fraud.

And I don't think he any fortune 500 company would be involved either, I agree with you there.

The Chinese though? It's happened before.
Why would the Chinese or anyone else break into WDWMagic and infect the forum code to clumsily gain information available to any free member?

MerlinTheGoat

...the funding for the Star Wars project is moving steadily along (and being cut, naturally)...
Aaaaaaaand there they go again, there it is, as if there was any question otherwise. :banghead:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Just decided to see a late movie, so I thought I'd drop back to offer a few points.

I get that some (many?) folks don't care about Disney and China. They don't care about SDL or HKDL ... they don't care much about anything that isn't WDW. That's not me, and I'm sorry (no, I'm not, just being polite) but it is better than making up news or talking about very small things ad nauseum.

FWIW, there just isn't much happening at WDW and that includes behind the scenes. How many threads do we have here discussing the same thing: namely renovations at the Poly? It's all one project, yet we have threads for the lobby, threads for Trader Sam's, threads for the pool, threads for the bungalows, and now threads for the studios. If you are that into seeing how Disney has largely destroyed (or re-imagined depending on your viewpoint) yet another part of the WDW I fell in love with, then more power to you. I just am not that interested.

I'd rather focus on big picture stuff (and, no, I don't feel like even the crappy Hub redo is big picture).

Back to the news I dropped above, the funding for the Star Wars project is moving steadily along (and being cut, naturally) but should still be in place by the start of summer, just in time for D23 announcements.

There may be some news coming from DAK, but I need to wait on a confirm for it. But, no, it is nothing you've heard or discussed here yet (that means it does not include Star Wars or pandas).

But that's just it. There isn't news. You can't make it up because fans are bored with the property and want to be fed new product. I do too. But it isn't happening right now (beyond what you know about).

~Dear Leader Out~
Storm Troopers riding Pandas are coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

cheezbat

Just got home from a full day at Magic Kingdom...an awful day...

Pirates had an 80 minute wait...Mansion 70...are you kidding me? Every time I walked by 7 Dwarves Mine Train it was down. All in all, even with my three fast passes, I only got on five rides(and I skipped my third FP and headed home). Five rides in over twelve hours at the park. Yeah, I did go see the characters in Storybook Circus and sat through Hall of Presidents, but seriously...this place is a madhouse. People eating attractions need to be fast tracked for this park NOW.

The new hub is spacious, but it's so bland and shadeless. I dislike it. Actually, the majority of this park has become a massive concrete jungle. Such a shame.

As for upkeep? Three of my bathroom visits started with me walking into filthy poop covered stalls(and a fourth with vomit in the toilet). Two completely dead animatronics in Pirates, as well as a number of them without their mouth movements. Didn't Splash just come back from a rehab? Saw a few issues there too. People mover went down for quite awhile(when I was going to ride), they eventually evacuated everyone from the ride and it remained closed well after.
On a good note, the staff does a great job of cleaning up the sidewalks and walkways after guests trash the place. Also, the new lighting in Mermaid definitely helps that ride...too bad they haven't fixed that rushed ending.

It's clear with over 18 million people visiting this park yearly something needs to be done, and the New Fantasyland was nowhere near enough.

If Disney honestly expects Shanghai Disneyland to bring in 25 million people annually, they had better get moving on adding tons of attractions if they want to survive their first year. (Realistically, I'm betting on about 10 million people visiting the first year.)

the.dreamfinder

Linkage:
Nintendo stands firm on protecting the trust people have placed in their BRAND over a quick buck
http://time.com/3748920/nintendo-mobile-games/?iid=time_readnext
Will you pursue a premium strategy where you charge users up front for games? Or will you offer free-to-play and try to capitalize on in-app purchases?
On the other hand, Nintendo does not intend to choose payment methods that may hurt Nintendo’s brand image or our IP, which parents feel comfortable letting their children play with. Also, it’s even more important for us to consider how we can get as many people around the world as possible to play Nintendo smart device apps, rather than to consider which payment system will earn the most money.
Baymax-your personal flight attendant
http://kotaku.com/baymax-the-chinese-flight-attendant-1693283018
image.jpg

One of Lost's creators speaks
http://okbjgm.weebly.com/lost

I have been reluctant to post these last two link for fear of a flame war breaking out given the very sensitive subject matter. NPR's Fresh Air had an excellent episode on the treatment of Orcas at SeaWorld. Veteran Journalist Dave Davies, Terry Gross' DH if you will, interviewed former SeaWorld trainer John Hargrove, who appeared in the documentary "Blackfish" and has written a book about Ocras in captivity. While Hargrove is firmly against SeaWorld keeping Orcas in captivity, he doesn't come off as some raging a-hole from PETA, rather an individual with a deep knowledge and first hand experience base with these creatures. His conclusion is that present, he was not asked about the announced expansion to the Killer Whale tanks, methods of keeping Orcas in captivity fail to account for their established behavioral needs like children living with their mothers for the duration of the mom's remaining lifespan. Particularly appalling are allegations SeaWorld is forcing female Ocras to breed far younger than they would in the wild. Seeing that NPR is one of our last bastions of journalism, two senior individuals in charge of the Orca's care were interviewed as well to provide greater context.
http://www.npr.org/2015/03/23/39473...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

These interviews mark a key turning point in how SeaWorld addresses mistreatment of the Orcas at its parks, which Soup and Salad Sandra has covered this week in the Orlando Sentinel.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-seaworld-repairing-brand-20150323-story.html

wogwog

Pirates had an 80 minute wait...Mansion 70...are you kidding me? Every time I walked by 7 Dwarves Mine Train it was down. All in all, even with my three fast passes, I only got on five rides(and I skipped my third FP and headed home). Five rides in over twelve hours at the park. Yeah, I did go see the characters in Storybook Circus and sat through Hall of Presidents, but seriously...this place is a madhouse. People eating attractions need to be fast tracked for this park NOW.

The new hub is spacious, but it's so bland and shadeless. I dislike it. Actually, the majority of this park has become a massive concrete jungle. Such a shame.

As for upkeep? Three of my bathroom visits started with me walking into filthy poop covered stalls(and a fourth with vomit in the toilet). Two completely dead animatronics in Pirates, as well as a number of them without their mouth movements. Didn't Splash just come back from a rehab? Saw a few issues there too. People mover went down for quite awhile(when I was going to ride), they eventually evacuated everyone from the ride and it remained closed well after.
On a good note, the staff does a great job of cleaning up the sidewalks and walkways after guests trash the place. Also, the new lighting in Mermaid definitely helps that ride...too bad they haven't fixed that rushed ending.

It's clear with over 18 million people visiting this park yearly something needs to be done, and the New Fantasyland was nowhere near enough.

If Disney honestly expects Shanghai Disneyland to bring in 25 million people annually, they had better get moving on adding tons of attractions if they want to survive their first year. (Realistically, I'm betting on about 10 million people visiting the first year.)
Sounds horrid. Those going next week can expect worse. The attendance projections are higher, MK has longer hours and two day parades. Don't even want to think about anything worse than what you described.

roj2323

We feel for ya Honestly, but nothing will be done about it unless you tell disney!!!! Go to Guest Relations, Take pictures if you must, but tell them first. You can complain to us later.

Now as a former WDW custodian, Guests are
disgusting at times but bathroom cast members have a max of 3 bathrooms to clean so each one should be attended to at least once an hour. I was able to get to most of my bathrooms twice an hour however as mens rooms are significantly easier to clean than the women's. That said, Magic Kingdom has a major problem with custodial team right now because they are controlled in CDS (cast deployment system) like they are attractions cast members. This means they only clean the restroom when they are told to by the computer. Same goes for the trash on streets. This makes lazy cast members even lazier as no one randomly checks up on them which makes the problem worse.

lazyboy97o

Certain malware/ransomware/adware affects the way you see webpages, just fyi.
I dont think Photodave meant talking about them hacking the website, but @WDW1974 's machine.

That is *EXACTLY* what I meant. Gotta learn about InfoSec, folks.
Except that what was described was a problem across different machines. That would mean the site, not one machine, was infected.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Indeed, I realize the possibilities. But I wasn't talking about Russian Federation hackers. I was sticking to the premise that a Fortune 500 company (such as a media company) might have some sort of vendetta against me. And you correctly point out that most hackers realize that being in a place beyond the reach of law enforcement is important. I wonder how many Fortune 500 companies have Russian Federation counterparts?

It's happened before and will again.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Dunno.. "common practices" can be an oximoron. Anyone remembers the Ponzi Schemes?
The Dot com collapse?

Pretty sure the big explosion in the Housing market is another fine example of how "follow the others" is NOT always the good thing to do.
The difference is: the top "elite" will always have a magical umbrella of corporation bribery, political favours and separated investments when the thing comes crashing down.

I'm pretty sure that if EVER TWDC crashes down, the current top will be covered in money, leaving the lower investors with gigantic loses.

*edit*
fixed some typos.

Yes - exactly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom