A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

Not particularly witty so not suprising it was canned I just said 'I would prefer new attractions, like the park up the road builds every year or two.'
Very true. It's quite sad we've gotten to the point of wanting Disney to be more like someone else when they themselves used to be the uncontested top of the theme park game. How the mighty have fallen.

Donald Razorduck

Not particularly witty so not suprising it was canned I just said 'I would prefer new attractions, like the park up the road builds every year or two.'

The park up the road is following the industry standard when not in the midst of a recession. Most major parks, whether it be a Cedar Fair, Six Flags, SeaWorld/Busch, or Herschend. Something new every two years. That's not to say it's something grand, but something that is marketable. When you have parks with a dry side and a water side, they seem to always alternate. Busch in Tampa is the perfect example of this, last year the new drop tower, this year a big slide at the water park, next year looks to be some kind of indoor ride in the Egypt area.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Doing that means you have to upgrade Theater 3 after you build it the first time, or run 2 different rides for a period of time. I think the smart move is to build 3, shut down 1 and 2 after 3 is done (hopefully in relative doldrums), then bring them all back online afterwards. You wouldn't have much downtime if at all on the attraction then.

No you just have a better show in the new theatre until the others are improved. The old film was already rumored to be digitized for dca

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sorry all, I was a big fan of this move months ago and I'm still a big fan now.

One of the most common complaints is long lines. Disney announces plans to legitimately reduce wait times at two of its most popular attractions and that's bad why?

Because after millions of dollars and nearly two years... There still won't be more to see or do in the parks.

MarkTwain

Sorry all, I was a big fan of this move months ago and I'm still a big fan now.

One of the most common complaints is long lines. Disney announces plans to legitimately reduce wait times at two of its most popular attractions and that's bad why?

This is not going to sell tickets or keep people in the park longer so they spend more money, like new attractions would.

Expanding capacity at TSM and Soarin' is about improving Guest experience.

Yes, so much more is needed but this is a step in the right direction.

Disney got this one right. :)

I agree 100%. These are badly needed. Even if/when Disney adds 1-2 other big rides to Epcot and DHS, Midway Mania and Soarin' will still have outrageously long lines, because both are exceedingly popular and have low capacity. Those two things don't go well together and I doubt that popularity will change in the next decade.

That said, I agree also with those saying more rides should be built as well. And don't worry, Disney is working on it, the way they do everything recently - s l o w l y . More attractions are on the way. Doesn't mean you're going to like them, but they are on the way. But these attraction expansions are something which can be done much more quickly (if you can call 2016 quick), so Disney is simply announcing them first.

Last edited:

Mike S

I agree 100%. These are badly needed. Even if/when Disney adds 1-2 other big rides to Epcot and DHS, Midway Mania and Soarin' will still have outrageously long lines, because both are exceedingly popular and have low capacity. Those two things don't go well together and I doubt that popularity will change in the next decade.

That said, I agree also with those saying more rides should be built as well. And don't worry, Disney is working on it, the way they do everything recently - s l o w l y . More attractions are on the way. Doesn't mean you're going to like them, but they are on the way. But these attraction expansions are something which can be done much more quickly (if you can call 2016 quick), so Disney is simply announcing them first.
Time to dust this meme off.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom