A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

I didn't see your comment that this was yours until after I posted. Kudos sir. Where's @Cesar R M? That toasting gif of his would work perfectly here :)
SWwTvSq.gif

someone rang?

gmajew

Could the time frames be to remodel all three bays? It better be but even that seams like double the time needed.

Typical construction bs. look at wrigley construction already been pushed back three months for some of it.

Rasvar

Could the time frames be to remodel all three bays? It better be but even that seams like double the time needed.

Typical construction bs. look at wrigley construction already been pushed back three months for some of it.
My guess is build the third theater first, then shut down and rehab each other theater one at a time to maintain two theaters always online. Most of the time will be in building the third theater, though.

fgmnt

My guess is build the third theater first, then shut down and rehab each other theater one at a time to maintain two theaters always online. Most of the time will be in building the third theater, though.
Doing that means you have to upgrade Theater 3 after you build it the first time, or run 2 different rides for a period of time. I think the smart move is to build 3, shut down 1 and 2 after 3 is done (hopefully in relative doldrums), then bring them all back online afterwards. You wouldn't have much downtime if at all on the attraction then.

Rasvar

Doing that means you have to upgrade Theater 3 after you build it the first time, or run 2 different rides for a period of time. I think the smart move is to build 3, shut down 1 and 2 after 3 is done (hopefully in relative doldrums), then bring them all back online afterwards. You wouldn't have much downtime if at all on the attraction then.
Actually, I was just thinking that you build Theater 3 with the new technology to start. Then shutdown 1 and refit, reopen, then rinse and repeat on 2. They will have the same Soarin over California film but one will be digital and the other won't. A new film won't come until well after the upgrade, if it even occurs. You need to maintain capacity. Yeah, one is old film version for a while and the other digital. I don't see them ever shutting down two theaters at the same time if they don't have to.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Great news and much needed. But wouldn’t it be better to make new rides to help spread out the crowds?
This will decrease the wait times and crowds but wouldn’t adding new attractions and experiences do the job….?
This will really help reduce lengthy lines. However, adding new attractions would have the same effect with the bonus of increasing guest’s choices and overall enjoyment of the parks.

The expansion of these rides would cause lower wait times, but increasing wait times at other attractions.

tribbleorlfl

So being happy that they're taking steps to increase capacity on two of the most in-demand attractions on property makes me a rube, huh?

I agree with the general consensus that new attractions (not just 1:1 replacements) also would help with capacity, but the cynic would say that with the direction TDO has gone the past decade+, they could have easily kept the pursestrings closed and left Soarin and TSMM as-is.

I don't understand the level of condescension and elitism towards others often present on these forums (case in point, the stroller/ECV discussion a few weeks ago). Is this how everyone is in real-life?

tribbleorlfl

agree, the bad comments get cleaned out VERY FAST.
anything that questions too much or is remotely negative.. bang! gone!
You should try posting science and facts to a typical anti-vaxx Facebook page some time to see how quickly one's comments can disappear. Heck, I've been prospectively blocked from posting on some groups simply because I like Pro-vaxx pages.

TalkingHead

A few thoughts and questions

1. I thought FP+ was supposed to help distribute crowds and improve wait times. If it was successful, why is extra capacity being paid for and constructed?

2. Is this method of "adding" capacity unprecedented? And why now? WDW has had long lines for decades -- why add a track/theater at not one but two rides at the same time?

3. Another building project that does nothing to get me to set foot in either Epcot or MGM.

4. Who is this expansion supposed to benefit? Is the idea that guests won't be in line as long so they can spend more money for food/beverage and shopping?

5. I'm worried that shorter lines at TSMM could mean that DHS becomes a quarter-day park.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

A few thoughts and questions

1. I thought FP+ was supposed to help distribute crowds and improve wait times. If it was successful, why is extra capacity being paid for and constructed?

2. Is this method of "adding" capacity unprecedented? And why now? WDW has had long lines for decades -- why add a track/theater at not one but two rides at the same time?

3. Another building project that does nothing to get me to set foot in either Epcot nor MGM.

4. Who is this expansion supposed to benefit? Is the idea that guests won't be in line as long so they can spend more money for food/beverage and shopping?

5. I'm worried that shorter lines at TSMM could mean that DHS becomes a quarter-day park.
that last point...
:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom