A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
One was wearing a copy of this JLo dress from a previous oscars.

jennifer-lopez-grammy-dress.jpg

Being nominated in the best song category allows some leeway in what you choose to wear apparently as they were allowed to attend.

Ye Cats - that one goes into the crimes against fashion category, That MIGHT be appropriate at the pool in Vegas but otherwise....

hopemax

It happens every year. They match price increases.

Back in the day, they'd take turns every other year announcing who goes first. (I'm not making that up)

My Dad and I think it would be fun for WDW to raise prices, cross that threshold at all parks and Universal to say, we're feeling the love right now, we're going to drop back below $100. Twist that knife a bit more

Nubs70

The cultural imperialists, the purveyors of Americana, the essence of what we've marketed to the world (or simply the Disney BRAND!) Tell me, how much do you think Disney CEO Bob Iger and Disney would pay to guarantee they are not targeted by this publicly?
In
the US Bob can do this for the price of plush, a little booze and comped lodging. I'm sure he could get it done for far less than $800MM.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Didn't Disney just drop a 40 second nothing video on the DPB last week? You know, when folks were discussing Shanghai, possible graft, Disney getting a HuffPo column axed by the wife of Disney CEO Bob Iger?

They aren't totally dumb, they realize fans have the attention span of knats, largely.

I'm hoping to hear from a source tomorrow with interesting news ... so look for Disney to announce the new film from LucasFilm slated for a Christmas 2018 debut ... yep, you wanted it ... Jar Jar Binks: the Early Years. Coming to a galaxy near you!!!
No, no, no. Not Jar Jar. They can't be that dumb can they?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
IF SDL fails in all likelihood there will be a massive purge of senior management as Wall St calls for reorganization of TWDC
Does anybody know exactly how the deal between Disney and the local SAR Government is structured as far as keeping the parks maintained, especially as far as safety issues go? What safeguards are in place to assure there is the same level of quality control that we see in the other parks? Whats to stop the Chinese government from just strong arming Disney?

lazyboy97o

Why are people complaining about Disney upping the price of one day tickets? Disney MK is $105 while Universal Orlando is $102 for a one day. I would bet Universal raises theirs soon as well.
Universal Orlando Resort did raise prices, to $102.

Does anybody know exactly how the deal between Disney and the local SAR Government is structured as far as keeping the parks maintained, especially as far as safety issues go? What safeguards are in place to assure there is the same level of quality control that we see in the other parks? Whats to stop the Chinese government from just strong arming Disney?
Do you mean SAR (Hong Kong) or Shanghai? Hong Kong Disneyland is operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and the Shanghai deal has always been described as "very similar" to the one with Hong Kong. Everything in terms of design always goes through Disney for final approval anywhere in the world.

Cesar R M

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Universal Orlando Resort did raise prices, to $102.

Do you mean SAR (Hong Kong) or Shanghai? Hong Kong Disneyland is operated by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and the Shanghai deal has always been described as "very similar" to the one with Hong Kong. Everything in terms of design always goes through Disney for final approval anywhere in the world.
Sorry, I meant Shanghai. I guess it could apply to both though. Not saying they would, but if the Chinese govt just decided to shaft Disney, who or what would stop them?

lazyboy97o

Sorry, I meant Shanghai. I guess it could apply to both though. Not saying they would, but if the Chinese govt just decided to shaft Disney, who or what would stop them?
What is gained by giving Disney the boot? Shanghai has been entertaining the idea of a park for 20 years now. Disney isn't producing anything in Shanghai that can independently be sold like with a manufacturing facility and its associated skills. The Central Government has also ramped up IP enforcement in recent years.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What is gained by giving Disney the boot? Shanghai has been entertaining the idea of a park for 20 years now. Disney isn't producing anything in Shanghai that can independently be sold like with a manufacturing facility and its associated skills. The Central Government has also ramped up IP enforcement in recent years.

What's gained is Shendi gets ALL the money from the park not just some of it and since the IP in china is owned by the 'partnership' Shendi gets control of that as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom