A Spirited Perfect Ten

Progress.City

I take great joy in posting this so I'm going to post it again... Maybe we should caption it?

eisner.jpg

MDE: Ni Hao Bob, nice new coaster!
I get great joy vicariously you posting it!

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Some crazy rumors on Orlando United:

B/C ticket coming for JP after all (no clue what type of attraction)

Some sort of D/E ticket coaster going into KidZone area (could either replace E.T. or be in addition to it)

Any insiders know about this?

That would be awesome. I hope everything you mention is true, with the exception of something potentially replacing E.T. I really dig that ride. I always thought of it as a superior Peter Pan (the WDW version at least).

I wonder what the B/C for JP could be...Either way, that would be great if it was more than one attraction. That show building looked massive when I was there last month and it looks even bigger in pics now.

If this is true, including the timeframe, it might be even longer than I thought before I make it back to WDW.

PhotoDave219

Sorry Dave, Should have qualified that with BROADCAST journalists, Witl O'Reilly and Williams being the latest fabulists to disgrace journalism.

Photojournalists usually record things as they are but then the editors do stuff like make black men darker to make them more 'menacing' etc it's a far cry from when I worked for a paper in college and we filed down the negative carrier so you could see the sprocket holes to prove we were not cherry picking bits of an image.

Apology accepted.

And yes, I have a filed down negative carrier. I also have a film camera that shoots on the sprocket holes.

I rarely watch TV news because it makes me rather angry.

TomP

That would be awesome. I hope everything you mention is true, with the exception of something potentially replacing E.T. I really dig that ride. I always thought of it as a superior Peter Pan (the WDW version at least).

I wonder what the B/C for JP could be...Either way, that would be great if it was more than one attraction. That show building looked massive when I was there last month and it looks even bigger in pics now.

If this is true, including the timeframe, it might be even longer than I thought before I make it back to WDW.
I wonder if the b/c for JP could be a revival/plussing of Triceratops Encounter? I loved that.

GSP Guy

Free press is on life support. We get the stories they choose for us to hear, not news. This type of manipulated media goes way past Bob and Willow. ABC seems to almost encourage it, lol

ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Advisor

ABC News & Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama's Deputy Press Secretary

ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former White house Press Secretary Jay Carney

CNN’s deputy Washington bureau chief, Virginia Moseley, is married to Tom Nides, who was deputy secretary of state under Hillary Rodham Clinton

The list goes on and on. No different than the revolving door politics that goes unchecked for the most part. Foxes watching the hen house.
This is very disturbing to say the least.

FigmentJedi

So if Universal builds a version of their Space Fantasy coaster from Japan, will that be like the plussed Space Mountain experience that we didn't get years ago?
I'd love a port of Space Fantasy. It's really charming and hey, if Universal ever considered the "ride into movie" model, would be something fun for Illumination to do besides Seuss and Despicable Me stuff.

Omnispace

Well, I said I'd have some more information today regarding Mrs. Bob Iger (I'm sexist, let her sue me!) and, indeed, thanks partly to some very kind folks here, I do.

Let's start here: Willow's hiring was very contentious as she was up for the job multiple times and always stood out as sorta a reality TV 'star' in a room of great actors. She hasn't endeared herself to many long-time faculty in her time on the job. In particular, two tenured professors at Annenberg have not been reserved in their criticism of her and, more specifically, the situation with the HuffPo column that Bob Iger doesn't want Wall Street or YOU to read.

I'm going to limit my comments to what was discussed in emails that were forwarded (with permission) to me as I spoke briefly with one of the individuals this evening. Contrary to what some people want to believe, as usual, the HuffPo column isn't something only being discussed in 'trivial' places like this. It was brought up by faculty and students last week (while it was still online). The focus then was on the exporting of Americana and the difficulties TWDC has had in selling its BRAND overseas, most notably in China. On Monday, the topic of the day on campus at Annenberg was Willow Bay's very odd fashion statement on the Oscars red carpet.

No, I don't believe a single one of these people read MAGIC (even for my amazing insights), but I've been wrong before. The discussion on the dress focused on whether it was appropriate for 1.) The Director of the Annenberg School of Journalism; and 2.) The spouse of the head of the largest media company in the world; and 3.) Anyone at the Academy Awards.

The Oscars represent formal night for the industry. There is no more respected showcase for achievement than the Oscars. Willow was as out of place as the sweaty theme park goers in their tees at the California Grill. Maybe even more so.

From what I was told, her choice was panned across the board (guess those folks don't robo tweet or read tweets by all the business writers who 'need' access to her husband). And many, who knew how much she campaigned to not be associated with Bob or 'his' company found her motivations to be odd at the very least.

The disappearing column was raised in at least one lecture that I have been made aware of. Both faculty members made it clear that they don't see her roles as ''being compatible'' -- Director of the School/Editor of the HuffPo/Wife of Bob Iger.

They believe she was ''active'' in whatever went down that resulted in the column ''Disney CEO Fumbles Entry to China'' disappearing (that word is a direct quote from one of them, hence the double quote marks). To these well-respected professors, the simple appearance that she could have had any part in censoring an opinion piece that made her husband look bad reinforces the concerns that many faculty members had when she was brought in as a 'vanity hire' and before when she was passed over. The Huffington Post deleting a column critical of TWDC's Chairman and CEO and its Senior Editor's husband.

To these academics, those dots are very easy to connect and very ''problematic'' to USC. An important note, whether these accusations are true is not pertinent to these professors, it's the fact she appears guilty because she has obvious conflicts of interest that never should have been allowed to happen. One went so far to state that if she were Bob Iger's ex-wife or an ex-editor at the HuffPo that this would still look ''untoward'' as she would have/has an interest in both. They are also uncomfortable (in this era of media consolidation) that Bob is the de facto head of ABC News. On the heels of the Brian Williams/NBC saga and the ongoing Bill O"Reilly/FOX scandal, looks do matter.

All of this makes me think that if this is being discussed openly in classes at USC that this is even bigger than I thought.

And, for those playing at home, I've been pretty consistent in telling you that this is huge. This is something that actually could lead to Bob Iger having to step down ... he's already lost face in China. What might he lose next?

Interesting how something can get unintended results. Even without the possible connection to the Yoda Mickey shirt in the recalled article, people think Willow's fashion statement was a bad idea. I wonder what the Chinese think of her dress?

lazyboy97o

Isn't a B ticket, generally speaking, equivalent to a spinner? If anyone is using B ticket as a qualifier, I would keep your expectations in check accordingly for the JP addition.
At Disneyland, Casey Junior Circus Train and Alice in Wonderland were B Tickets. Dumbo the Flying Elephant was a C Ticket and the Rocket Jets were a D Ticket.

NearTheEars

Same here TV news makes me want to throw things at the blameless screen,

It's pretty sad what TV news has become. Every story is sensationalized. School bus fender benders come to mind, especially down here. When one happens, some of the OTown stations go nuts.

They still try to throw in (and promote the heck out of) some investigative reporting. But I can't stomach an entire newscast anymore.

Back in Ohio, 19 Action News in Cleveland at least has embraced their role as all sensationalism all the time. Plenty of on camera knocking on people's doors that don't want to comment. It's surprisingly entertaining. But they are in your face about how edgy they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom