A Spirited Perfect Ten

Absimilliard

I was thinking earlier about an aspect of the Chinese market Disney does not seem to understand: if the brand is not well known and characters are unknown to a majority of the guests, what will happen when Disney try to push a kiddie coaster like Seven Dwarves Mine Train there? Its not like the guests will know who the Seven Dwarves are and what if they are underwhelmed by the short roller coaster?

Happy Valley took a major gamble when they introduced a basic for us ride to China: the wooden roller coaster. They got the best builders and built a 4000 feet long, 110 feet tall coaster for their Shanghai park. Even if its includes themed rides and larger steel coasters, one thing is clear: it is the most popular ride at the park and a major attendance driver. It worked out well enough parks in China are now fighting among each others to get elaborate and fancy wooden coasters constructed at their new parks. Knowing this, how can Disney be sure their usual "dress a basic coaster in a lot of theming" modus operandi will work?

Knowing that and talking to people who have been doing business in China, I feel Disney need to think outside of the box for Shanghai Disneyland regarding thrill rides and start looking at building an extra coaster or two.

WildcatDen

I find most people despicable. Such is my personal experience. The dogs and cats have been nice... as have the fish. But people? They suck.
Present company exluded, of course. . .
Speaking of Despicable, would you agree that the Minion Movie may be one of the most anticipated releases of 2015?

PhotoDave219

Present company exluded, of course. . .
Speaking of Despicable, would you agree that the Minion Movie may be one of the most anticipated releases of 2015?

Of course. And yes, I'd say Animated wise it will be. IMO the most anticipated movie of 2015 will be Star Wars. Second most would be Avengers: Age of Ultron. And Tomorrowland.

Personally I want to see Straight Outta Compton.

WildcatDen

Of course. And yes, I'd say Animated wise it will be. IMO the most anticipated movie of 2015 will be Star Wars. Second most would be Avengers: Age of Ultron. And Tomorrowland.

Personally I want to see Straight Outta Compton.
Saw the Ultron trailer when we saw Sniper. Very much looking forward to that one. The rebooted Road Warrior looks to be a good popcorn movie.

PhotoDave219

Saw the Ultron trailer when we saw Sniper. Very much looking forward to that one. The rebooted Road Warrior looks to be a good popcorn movie.

Im going to have trouble with The new Mad Max given how insanely awesome and downright perfect the original one was. But overall, there arent too many I'm excited about. Another Jurassic Park film? Another Terminator? Is it 1992 again? How boring.

I want to see some originality out of Hollywood.

NearTheEars

I find most people despicable. Such is my personal experience. The dogs and cats have been nice... as have the fish. But people? They suck.

Agreed. I hate people too.

I tell my friends (people I surprisingly don't hate) that my philosophy is this: I automatically don't linke anyone until they give me a reason to think otherwise. It's worked out pretty well.

I have a similar philosophy for small talk too. So no, WDW patrons, I don't care about how your day is going while we are stuck in the BTMRR line.

Cesar R M

I was thinking earlier about an aspect of the Chinese market Disney does not seem to understand: if the brand is not well known and characters are unknown to a majority of the guests, what will happen when Disney try to push a kiddie coaster like Seven Dwarves Mine Train there? Its not like the guests will know who the Seven Dwarves are and what if they are underwhelmed by the short roller coaster?

Happy Valley took a major gamble when they introduced a basic for us ride to China: the wooden roller coaster. They got the best builders and built a 4000 feet long, 110 feet tall coaster for their Shanghai park. Even if its includes themed rides and larger steel coasters, one thing is clear: it is the most popular ride at the park and a major attendance driver. It worked out well enough parks in China are now fighting among each others to get elaborate and fancy wooden coasters constructed at their new parks. Knowing this, how can Disney be sure their usual "dress a basic coaster in a lot of theming" modus operandi will work?

Knowing that and talking to people who have been doing business in China, I feel Disney need to think outside of the box for Shanghai Disneyland regarding thrill rides and start looking at building an extra coaster or two.
maybe thats why they need the money, building even larger.. bigger. faster...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But what if that $800 million isn't going for even budget issues? What if it is going to individuals in the government to keep the project moving forward? Would that potentially be a catastrophic blow to Iger even keeping his job? Do you think IF Disney has to pay people off that maybe they should have thought the whole deal through better? Maybe had better intel? How do you think graft would play on Main Street (and not the one in the MK, although that one too)? You did read where I said people are being executed for this over there, right? (and you can read all about it ...)

I believe I said something along the same lines along with the provincial government sending out bills for expended 7.62x39 cartridges. If we did the same thing I don't think we'd have so much corruption in DC and the 'Street

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sadly, there are ways for someone to insulate themselves from FCPA prosecution. :(

The Chinese government has come down hard on mostly low-level officials for taking bribes but the practice is widespread. We're talking about tens-of-thousands of Chinese officials being arrested for accepting bribes.

Perhaps the salient point is that senior-level government officials were once low-level government officials, and that low-level government officials become senior-level government officials by being particularly good at what they do. :eek:

Hypocrisy is not only practiced in the West.

Yes but there is a much stronger incentive in the east not to get caught...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom