A Spirited Perfect Ten

Californian Elitist

Five Guys is just a specialty fast food joint - it shouldn't be compared with the 'boutique' burger stuff that is popular now (and even more expensive). Just like Checkers before it... and In n Out did on the west coast, they took an angle and built a following around that. The fresh patties, the fry style, and the peanuts.. that's Five Guys. Just like the fresh patty, cook to order, and the customization is In N Out. Both are also known for sticking to their formula and resisting expansion of the menu. Five Guys however did go on a massive franchise expansion boom, at both the regional and national level. So while In N Out is more a legend for most of the country.. Five Guys has become a known quantity given their expansion into your local area.

But if you live in any metro area, there are a dozen different boutique burger places all trying to establish themselves as worthy of charging boutique prices for fast food menu items by going exotic and custom. They are almost too many to list now.

I'm not comparing Five Guys to boutique spots (I don't even know what those are). I'm comparing the taste to local, "hole in the wall" joints.

OSUgirl77

Thurman's has a to-go location now. We did have to wait to be seated though at 4:30 on a Sunday. It took around 45 mins. But no doubt best burgers ever. For the person who likes his/her burgers juicy you have to cut your burger to hold it and the juice drips down to your wrists.
I know, it's near where I used to live. I was so bummed when I heard they were putting a to-go place 10 minutes from my old house. So not fair.

PhotoDave219

Short term, he is a God to Wall Street and investors, no doubt.

Long term is another tale entirely.

It's like people I know who opt to live a life lie. Things are great now. But at some point in the future when the house of cards collapses it won't be a pretty picture. That is the essence of TWDC of today.

Next time a recession comes around. I guess when the next bubble bursts. We've had a tech bubble, a real estate bubble.... whats next? These things seem to happen every 10 years or so.

PhotoDave219

Oh, you guys/gals are killing me. Killing me. I don't feel bad enough being separated from my beloved 'Angie M' on Valentine's Day, yet I jump in here and see talk about non social media plants, the wonder that (apparently) is shopping at a chain called Wegmans, and burgers.

OK, I brought the last one upon myself by challenging @WDWFigment over his diet of having In-N-Out approximately 11 times a week. But at least burgers are somehow related to WDW since they are the No 1 item eaten by the masses.

But can we drop, or move, the other stuff? It really is too much and I can't even attempt to keep up.

Now, the temp outside the Spirit Cave has dropped to a frigid 58 degrees ...where are my fanboi footwarmers?

Its 11 degrees. Wind Chill -1. Driveway is solid ice.

PhotoDave219

You are clearly mistaken. If someone states the obvious, such as there will be a price increase in an undisclosed future timeframe, and that it will be around +$5 on a single day - they are obviously worthy of the Pulitzer Prize. How can you not appreciate that level of journalism?!?

Here, Here.

Smiddimizer

So, haven't had time to check in here much lately. Have I missed anything?

The terribly misplaced speedway is disappearing? I would chalk that up to the encroaching development behind the MK, which never should have happened forcing the building of an official entrance in the rear (yes, I am holding back ... Yes, it hurts).

Better get pictures of it now for posteriors' sake

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I consider fifty-eight degrees near freezing. Weather is subjective.

I remember being in New York during winter two years ago, and listening to the weatherman on the local news talk about the record heat they were experiencing...it was sixty-five degrees. As a Southern Californian, it sounded odd at first, but it made perfect sense for New Yorkers when I thought about it. Different weather means different experiences.

Weather is most certainly NOT subjective. It's 100% objective. It's either snowing or not snowing. It's either 18 degrees or 82 degrees.

65 degrees might be a record NYC temperate for January, but if you have even the most basic concept of geography, that shouldn't confuse you.

Just because you, wrongly, consider 58 degrees near freezing, doesn't make it so. I promise you, no water molecules are anywhere near freezing if it's 58 outside.

Weather is what it is. You don't change it by having off base opinions.

Cesar R M

Weather is most certainly NOT subjective. It's 100% objective. It's either snowing or not snowing. It's either 18 degrees or 82 degrees.

65 degrees might be a record NYC temperate for January, but if you have even the most basic concept of geography, that shouldn't confuse you.

Just because you, wrongly, consider 58 degrees near freezing, doesn't make it so. I promise you, no water molecules are anywhere near freezing if it's 58 outside.

Weather is what it is. You don't change it by having off base opinions.
yeash right,does this means we can blast those NY'ers who go to florida or Mexico during top heat summer season just like you're doing for us when we get the cold?

Nubs70

Not really. U.S. World and News Report rankings are quite trustworthy.
But do you take every course offered at the university, since the entirety of all things offered makes the university number one. One needs to focus on the exact discipline.

For example, Western Michigan University, hardly a top 50 national school (#173 as ranked by US News & World Report). However the SBM and ISM programs are ranked in the top 5. Ranked higher than Stanford (#4 as ranked by US News & World Report) at a fraction of the price (about $10,500/yr).

Last edited:

Todd H

I am a burger nut. The best burger I ever had was the Double Coronary Bypass Burger at The Vortex in Atlanta. It's a half pound patty with two fried eggs, six slices of American cheese, and eight slices of bacon, served between two grilled cheese sandwiches. The thing was massive but I managed to knock it out.

nrw5d.jpg

Got a local place called Mike's Hotdogs and Hamburgers. They have a Double Gorilla Burger, which is about 20 oz. of meat. Awesome burger. Finished this one as well.

2wbupmg.jpg

Headed to orlando the first week of June so I'm looking forward to finding the best burger spots in town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom