A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Agreed. In-N-Out is legendary, but give me the quality of a Fudd's patty and fresh baked roll any day.

Unfortunately all the Fudd's up here in the Buckeye state were poorly placed in less-than-great areas and disappeared about 15 years ago.

Is the one at Fiesta Bay Mall still open? That was one of the strangest vacation experiences I've ever had: My wife and I (before we had kids) wandering through a zombie mall before accidentally finding a Fuddruckers that was equally empty. We've been back a few times since, but it's been a few years.

We ALWAYS hit Fudd's at least once a year in our late-summer Myrtle Beach vacation.

Yes. I love In-N-Out. I made a point to take Angie to the very unit in La Mirada where I had my first Double-Double back in the 90s. But it still is a fast food burger. Plain and simple and done well.

Fudd's is on another level. They do struggle mightily with their management, at least in Florida. At one point, they pulled out entirely . They used to be filthy . I recently returned to one in SoFla after boycotting for a year because I flat out couldn't stand the people who managed it.

The Crossroads at LBV location has been pretty consistently good since opening. But it lacks the MAGIC of a Disney burger. But it also is better than any QS Disney burger and most FS burgers (Beaches and Cream most definitely included).

I still think Fulton's has the best burger on property and that the Dolphin Fountain is also very good.

WDW1974

Original Poster
You are clearly mistaken. If someone states the obvious, such as there will be a price increase in an undisclosed future timeframe, and that it will be around +$5 on a single day - they are obviously worthy of the Pulitzer Prize. How can you not appreciate that level of journalism?!?

I just find it utterly ridiculous that one can claim that as news and then get his panties in a knot because others pick up on it.

If you say prices will go up on March 3rd and then list the entire new structure, or the significant ones, then you have news if it indeed happens.

It's like saying that Phil Holmes will be retiring. Yes, he will. But saying he is leaving in September and will be replaced by Danny Cockerell makes it news. No, I am not saying that either.

Last edited:

Skip

Burger 21 is quite tasty and love the sauces for the fries. Haven't tried BurgerFi yet, largely because the local one is never busy and seems dark.

I can only speak for their Boston location, but BurgerFi isn't worth the trouble. Decent burgers, but hilariously overpriced and exceptionally awful service.

lazyboy97o

I can only speak for their Boston location, but BurgerFi isn't worth the trouble. Decent burgers, but hilariously overpriced and exceptionally awful service.
"Hilariously overpriced" is probably the best description. I'm a bit of a fan of Smash Burger. And Chick-Fil-A burgers are also quite the treat.

TalkingHead

Not really. U.S. World and News Report rankings are quite trustworthy.

They're cited by alumni organizations asking for money from graduates and by high school guidance counselors. I'm sure administrators use them to promote their schools to applicants ("The Best Small Liberal Arts College in...").

Other than that...

College rankings factor all kinds of variables (freshman retention rate, student/professor ratios, tuition costs, percentage of instructors with terminal degrees, etc.) -- but I don't believe there's any way to objectively rank schools as educational institutions. It's like college football rankings. You pick a metric and go with it, but there's no way to "prove" objectively that Cal Berkeley is a "better" school than Duke.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Most educations nowadays require obscene amounts of money...not just Ivy Leagues. I pay just as much money for my university as a Harvard student.

And also, I don't know if you follow the college rankings but the number one college/university in America is not an Ivy League :)
I haven't looked at the rankings in a while, but it was always Princeton/Harvard/Yale in the top 3. Did Stanford sneak up to the top spot? My school is usually somewhere in the top 30 and priced like an Ivy, but I can say that the connections I've made both as an undergrad and as an alum are worth far more to me than anything I learned while I was there. I suspect the same is true for the Ivy League schools.

Andsome

Yes. I love In-N-Out. I made a point to take Angie to the very unit in La Mirada where I had my first Double-Double back in the 90s. But it still is a fast food burger. Plain and simple and done well.
I still don't get the hype of that place. I know I'm not one to talk seeing as I've never eaten there, but everyone seems to get excited about that place, even though all they have are burgers. At least with burger joints like Five Guys, they serve a more than just burgers.

I'm ready for the burn I'll probably get from some.

I still don't get the hype of that place. I know I'm not one to talk seeing as I've never eaten there, but everyone seems to get excited about that place, even though all they have are burgers. At least with burger joints like Five Guys, they serve a more than just burgers.
They just have a way with burgers especially with their "secret sauce" called animal style, it just tastes better than any other burger you have ever had i guarantee it. I tried it for the first time recently on a trip to san francisco.

Andsome

They just have a way with burgers especially with their "secret sauce" called animal style, it just tastes better than any other burger you have ever had i guarantee it. I tried it for the first time recently on a trip to san francisco.
Their burgers aren't overly "chewy", are they? That's the reason why I don't really have them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom