A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No matter how bad us Harvard guys are the Eli's (Yalies) are worse - Skull and Bones (George Bush and the shrub)...

The Shrub actually got a double dose of evil He's a Yalie and a Harvard Business School graduate. Partially redeemed by being an aviator who did not crash the planes he flew, unlike HRH Prince Charles who drove multiple aircraft into the ground.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I might be wrong about this but I would be interested to find out what % of those that created succesful business from the ground floor graduated from an Ivy League business school. My impression, and it very well may be wrong, is that entrepreneurs start businesses, lead them until retirement, then are replaced by Ivy League business grads who know about the theory of running a business.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Agreed. In-N-Out is legendary, but give me the quality of a Fudd's patty and fresh baked roll any day.

Unfortunately all the Fudd's up here in the Buckeye state were poorly placed in less-than-great areas and disappeared about 15 years ago.

Is the one at Fiesta Bay Mall still open? That was one of the strangest vacation experiences I've ever had: My wife and I (before we had kids) wandering through a zombie mall before accidentally finding a Fuddruckers that was equally empty. We've been back a few times since, but it's been a few years.

We ALWAYS hit Fudd's at least once a year in our late-summer Myrtle Beach vacation.
There is one just minutes from Downtown Disney at Crossroads.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There is one just minutes from Downtown Disney at Crossroads.

I really don't know why it's In-N-Out vs Fudd's, In-N-Out is pretty much the ultimate fast food burger and fries with everything being made with FRESH ingredients but it's cooked using traditional fast food methods. Very good and I make it a point to eat it at least once every visit to Silicon Valley. it's the BEST FAST FOOD BURGER.

Fuddruckers takes the burger to a whole new level in a table service restaurant, Now there ARE better burgers out there 'Mr Bartley's Burger Cottage' in Harvard Square is one of them - For a consistently great burger in a chain table service place Fuddruckers is IT.

Like I said there are better single site restaurants for a burger but Fuddruckers is hands down the BEST chain of burger palaces.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some Lifestyler is whining because he says he broke the news of WDW raising prices soon when they haven't been announced and everyone knew it was time? Sorry, you can't watermark news that isn't.

You are clearly mistaken. If someone states the obvious, such as there will be a price increase in an undisclosed future timeframe, and that it will be around +$5 on a single day - they are obviously worthy of the Pulitzer Prize. How can you not appreciate that level of journalism?!?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I really don't know why it's In-N-Out vs Fudd's, In-N-Out is pretty much the ultimate fast food burger and fries with everything being made with FRESH ingredients but it's cooked using traditional fast food methods. Very good and I make it a point to eat it at least once every visit to Silicon Valley. it's the BEST FAST FOOD BURGER.

Fuddruckers takes the burger to a whole new level in a table service restaurant, Now there ARE better burgers out there 'Mr Bartley's Burger Cottage' in Harvard Square is one of them - For a consistently great burger in a chain table service place Fuddruckers is IT.

Like I said there are better single site restaurants for a burger but Fuddruckers is hands down the BEST chain of burger palaces.
Have you sampled Burger 21 and BurgerFi? I would put both above Fuds, but they are a different type of burger - more gourmet variations. I am certainly a fan of Fuds though.

rioriz

So....as a tenured member of this forum is it too much to ask for actual Spirit News/Rumors updates to be compiled on the front page of the thread? I appreciate all the non Disney/Disney deep discussion in the times of Spirits absence but just appreciate his commentary more :)

Nemo14

So....as a tenured member of this forum is it too much to ask for actual Spirit News/Rumors updates to be compiled on the front page of the thread? I appreciate all the non Disney/Disney deep discussion in the times of Spirits absence but just appreciate his commentary more :)
You can do that with a simple search.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I might be wrong about this but I would be interested to find out what % of those that created succesful business from the ground floor graduated from an Ivy League business school. My impression, and it very well may be wrong, is that entrepreneurs start businesses, lead them until retirement, then are replaced by Ivy League business grads who know about the theory of running a business.

You would be correct with the notable exception of Stanford which most do not even realize is a Ivy League university Cisco was founded by a couple of grads who wanted to connect their computers so they could ensure the welfare of their cats! (Len Bosack and Sandy Lerner) so the y built the first router which Stanford thought was useless..., Sun (Stanford University Networks) was a standardized computer design the university passed on and a bunch of others.

It seems that entrepeneurs largely come from engineering schools. The Loot-N-Pillage CEO's do seem to come from the Ivy League universities unfortunately.

lazyboy97o

Man, if they're gonna spend money to "fix" something AND move it out of DL, I don't understand why they didn't spend money to expand the bandstand over in Paradise Pier. It would totally be in theme, and everyone could watch the dancing and listen to the music while they were sitting down to eat. And the time period fits... isn't the new Paradise Pier supposed to be in that 40s range somewhere?
Design wise Paradise Pier probably more early 1920s but the character overlay can't work before the mid-1930s unless Walt Disney is a plagiarist (something already suggested on Buena Vista Street).

bhg469

You are clearly mistaken. If someone states the obvious, such as there will be a price increase in an undisclosed future timeframe, and that it will be around +$5 on a single day - they are obviously worthy of the Pulitzer Prize. How can you not appreciate that level of journalism?!?
Steve! You're spending too much time around us americans. Your sarcasm game is strong!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom