A Spirited Perfect Ten

TP2000

Not to pile on Micechat, but that Tuesday column was weak. Fine if it was labeled a wrap up of recent developments at the resort, but lacking any real news of substance.

I noticed that too. It was a critical review of the Staggs/Davison 60th Semi-Kick-Off media event, and then a wrap up of the Luigi saga and some of the pre-opening frenzy WDI went through to try and plus up the ride before Cars Land opened in June, 2012.

But also peppered with a few small but juicy news aimed mainly at the AP crowd, like...

-Neil Patrick Harris will be announced soon as the 60th Anniversary Ambassador, taking on the role Julie Andrews had for the 50th
-Taste Pilots Grill to become Smoke Jumpers Grill, themed to the 1940's with a dance floor made for swing dancing.

Moving swing dancing over to California Adventure from Disneyland will be a big deal if that pans out. (For those who've never taken a date to Disneyland on a Saturday night, swing dancing to the live orchestra at Plaza Gardens is a thing. A big thing. If they move it to DCA, expect drama from the locals.)

I'm not sure how I feel about Micechat's Neil Patrick Harris news.

Last edited:

Longhairbear

I noticed that too. It was a critical review of the Staggs/Davison 60th Semi-Kick-Off media event, and then a wrap up of the Luigi saga and some of the pre-opening frenzy WDI went through to try and plus up the ride before Cars Land opened in June, 2012.

But also peppered with a few small but juicy news aimed mainly at the AP crowd, like...

-Neil Patrick Harris will be announced soon as the 60th Anniversary Ambassador, taking on the role Julie Andrews had for the 50th
-Taste Pilots Grill to become Smoke Jumpers Grill, themed to the 1940's with a dance floor made for swing dancing.

Moving swing dancing over to California Adventure from Disneyland will be a big deal if that pans out. (For those who've never taken a date to Disneyland on a Saturday night, swing dancing to the live orchestra at Plaza Gardens is a thing. A big thing. If they move it to DCA, expect drama from the locals.)

We love seeing the dancers when they dress in zoot suits entering the park.

Snowflake82

@WDW1974 (or anyone else with inside knowledge) -

Have you heard anything recently about a WDW version of Club 33? At one time, there were rumors that the Adventureland Verandah would be used for that, but it sound like current plans are more likely some version of QS open to all?

Cosmic Commando

Man, if they're gonna spend money to "fix" something AND move it out of DL, I don't understand why they didn't spend money to expand the bandstand over in Paradise Pier. It would totally be in theme, and everyone could watch the dancing and listen to the music while they were sitting down to eat. And the time period fits... isn't the new Paradise Pier supposed to be in that 40s range somewhere?

twebber55

heads up boys.

I was today at coronado springs, where Edison, G&E and Cochlear were having a convention.
and in one of the most hidden convention rooms, there was a very interesting meeting.

whats interesting?
it said " Disney Leadership Meeting". There were a lot of old people there, including some young folks.
I think Tom Staggs was there, I only saw a glimpze of a old guy with the TOM tag and looked similar to the photos.
Cant confirmit 100%.
but he seemed kinda important, he was always surrounded by a small group of people.

Also, when I returned from cochlear's private party at Universal Studios.
There were 2 empty rooms in coronadosprings again..saying " WDI Animal kingdom plan stagging room" or something like that.
It was empty by then (10pm)
wonder what stagging room could mean?

PREMiERdrum

(an aside, but @WDWFigment you are so off on rating In-N-Out above Fudd's !)

Agreed. In-N-Out is legendary, but give me the quality of a Fudd's patty and fresh baked roll any day.

Unfortunately all the Fudd's up here in the Buckeye state were poorly placed in less-than-great areas and disappeared about 15 years ago.

Is the one at Fiesta Bay Mall still open? That was one of the strangest vacation experiences I've ever had: My wife and I (before we had kids) wandering through a zombie mall before accidentally finding a Fuddruckers that was equally empty. We've been back a few times since, but it's been a few years.

We ALWAYS hit Fudd's at least once a year in our late-summer Myrtle Beach vacation.

flyerjab

It all depends on what would replace that area.

In general, though, the idea of ridding the park if its only water feature is disturbing. Disney seems to want to turn its parks that are located in hellish heat and humidity into desolate deserts instead of park like oasis. I feel like pretty soon i'm going to have to manscape before entering.

Of course I had read that just as I was about to dig into a great breakfast...

Next Big Thing

It's actually strenuously enforced at Universal. Some third party WDW venues, too--HoB is fairly strict about it. Obviously bartenders hate to turn anyone away and risk an angry guest going to their manager (not to mention playing the bad guy to a 5-year-old) but it's still the law. I think more for keeping 18-20 year olds away from the bar.
And HOB has PLENTY of 18-20 year olds to worry about on Sunday and Wednesday's with all the DCPers that go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom