A Spirited Perfect Ten

Phil12

upload_2015-2-12_20-19-21.jpeg
Boola boola

PhotoDave219

lazyboy97o

Or worked in the infamous Strategic Planning group...
It astounds me that Disney still brags about executives being former members of Strategic Planning. It shows just little change Iger represents. If he ever initiated any real change from where Eisner was heading all members of Strategic Planning would have been purged from the Company and all mentions of it removed from the Disney version of history.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, haven't had time to check in here much lately. Have I missed anything?

The terribly misplaced speedway is disappearing? I would chalk that up to the encroaching development behind the MK, which never should have happened forcing the building of an official entrance in the rear (yes, I am holding back ... Yes, it hurts).

Some Lifestyler is whining because he says he broke the news of WDW raising prices soon when they haven't been announced and everyone knew it was time? Sorry, you can't watermark news that isn't. Hey, I hear there's an election coming next year. I broke that news.

What else?

A-land Veranda work looks ready to commence. Yes, that is good news. But the days of eating a teriyaki and pineapple burger or lo mein salad on the patios while Swan Boats glided by peacefully below are ancient history. I sure hope that whatever is done that it isn't in the spirit of BoG.

Not to pile on Micechat, but that Tuesday column was weak. Fine if it was labeled a wrap up of recent developments at the resort, but lacking any real news of substance.

Are you tired of Neil Patrick Harris yet? Have I told y'all about my Dad's encounter with him at Fuddruckers? (an aside, but @WDWFigment you are so off on rating In-N-Out above Fudd's !)

Did the #cultofcitrus hold a vigil for all the old groves just west of WDW that have been removed for more urban sprawl?

BTW, I do wonder what Old Dead Guy Walt would think of the huge sprawl that his development brought to Central FLA.

Anyone who claims to be a WDW historian and starts talking about how much input Walt had to WDW, even WDW of 1971, immediately loses.

Yes, I am aware there isn't much news here. Sorry, just not much to report right now.

Y'all are smart enough to know that column in the NYT on Disney and succession was largely a plant, right?

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
It astounds me that Disney still brags about executives being former members of Strategic Planning. It shows just little change Iger represents. If he ever initiated any real change from where Eisner was heading all members of Strategic Planning would have been purged from the Company and all mentions of it removed from the Disney version of history.

I'll say it for the zillionth time. Iger brought all of the bad of Eisner to his tenure with very little of the good.

The for Strat Planning and the people who ran it just drives that point home.

So, I don't care how 'gorgeous' a family Tom Staggs is. I don't want him in that company.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yeah...I suspect the P&R person will come from another division...If Ben Sherwood wasn't just given the reigns of the networks, I assume he would have gotten the P&R job. I'm sure there are other high profile up and comers at ESPN, Marvel or Lucasfilm that may be in line for 'operational' experience.

I, honestly, think that if Disney/Iger tried to move someone from ESPN, Marvel or Lucas to P&R that he'd flat out get refused. If you are an up and comer at those companies, you don't want or need operational experience.

PhotoDave219

I'll say it for the zillionth time. Iger brought all of the bad of Eisner to his tenure with very little of the good.

The **** for Strat Planning and the people who ran it just drives that point home.

So, I don't care how 'gorgeous' a family Tom Staggs is. I don't want him in that company.

People don't seem to get that Iger is not good for the theme parks.

Iger is good for Wall Street.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974 question and I may have missed you hitting upon it in the past.

The rumors are fast and furiously growing about the impending doom of Echo Lake. The more frequent rumor hitting Twitterville is that Gertie the Dinosaur and Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner along with the lake is really scheduled for the wrecking ball???? Any thoughts? Frankly, while not greatly attached, it is one of the few areas that has some charm from the standard rectangle, stucco buildings.

It all depends on what would replace that area.

In general, though, the idea of ridding the park of its only water feature is disturbing. Disney seems to want to turn its parks that are located in a climate of hellish heat and humidity into desolate deserts instead of park like oasis. I feel like pretty soon I'm going to have to manscape before entering.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

heads up boys.

I was today at coronado springs, where Edison, G&E and Cochlear were having a convention.
and in one of the most hidden convention rooms, there was a very interesting meeting.

whats interesting?
it said " Disney Leadership Meeting". There were a lot of old people there, including some young folks.
I think Tom Staggs was there, I only saw a glimpze of a old guy with the TOM tag and looked similar to the photos.
Cant confirmit 100%.
but he seemed kinda important, he was always surrounded by a small group of people.

Also, when I returned from cochlear's private party at Universal Studios.
There were 2 empty rooms in coronadosprings again..saying " WDI Animal kingdom plan stagging room" or something like that.
It was empty by then (10pm)

bhg469

It all depends on what would replace that area.

In general, though, the idea of ridding the park if its only water feature is disturbing. Disney seems to want to turn its parks that are located in hellish heat and humidity into desolate deserts instead of park like oasis. I feel like pretty soon i'm going to have to manscape before entering.
Gold bond spray.. I may buy stock in the company in preparation for the hubs new look.

WDW1974

Original Poster
If anyone is interested, Google has updated the satellite imagery of Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland. The outlines of HK's Explorers Lodge are visible as well as work on The Iron Man Experience. Thanks to the local TV report and Theme Park Guy's photo update, you've seen the current state of the resort. However, there is an interesting series of buildings in the southeast corner of the resort which I hope @WDW1974 could possibly shed some light on given it's location on land that is supposed to be for "Future Development".
View attachment 82203
Also, Google could you please, please realign the road maps with the satellite imagery for the Chinese maps.

I will not be commenting on developments in China for a while. Sorry. :)

Cesar R M

for those who dont believe me, the disney leadership was on the rooms between the FIESTA ballroomand the CORONADO ballroom. (between Edison and Cochlear's areas)

WDI was by the north registration area. I think it was ZACATECAS. cant pinpoint since im still groggy from surviving the journey of forbidden at harry potter.

speaking of which...the ride was very good, but the screen areas were NAUSEATING and some of them looked stained and old looking.

But I was seriously in joy sat the queue. lots of things to see there.
such detail! (love dumbledore's headmaster room).

It helped a lot to have the entire harry potter area exclusive to the cochlear convention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom