A Spirited Perfect Ten

Phil12

The Force doesn't work like that.
tumblr_static_72c4yvtn59oogc4ggcgsw8488.gif

gmajew

ESPN - $1.9B for Monday Night Football. (The hell?! Holy Overpaid! - ed)

Can that possibly be right!! damn MNF was an event back in the day but that was before it moved to cable... Look at ratings for Thursday night football people don't flock to cable games like reg channels.

Look what is going to happen when final 4 hits TBS and not CBS... Ratings will go splat!!

PhotoDave219

Can that possibly be right!! damn MNF was an event back in the day but that was before it moved to cable... Look at ratings for Thursday night football people don't flock to cable games like reg channels.

Look what is going to happen when final 4 hits TBS and not CBS... Ratings will go splat!!

I pulled it off Wikipedia. I can keep scouring for the straight up contract, but I think it's right.

Monday night football is simply not worth the money.

truecoat

Sunday Night Football took the place of MNF. Sunday is filled with good match ups and others are flexed to Sunday night several times a year. Monday has poor game choices and the announcing team of Tirico and Gruden is god awful.

Goofyernmost

Oh for crying out loud, how the ever loving duck are we back on the topic of Jim Hill? Who gives a toss?
Only those with an ax to grind. The whole thing has been an embarrassment to not only Mr. Hill but those that didn't think through the ultimate consequence of such a revelation. I too, was hoping it was over. Very bad judgement was used from beginning to end.

John

Why would they get rid of it? Even if you want to argue that it was a waste of money, it works for it's currently allotted functions. And, despite the griping on here, people generally like having the bands as an "all in one" tool. FP+ is a different issue in terms of reception, but switching back to paper FP would be just more wasted money.

As for the other functionality (interactive/personalization stuff), I would think that somewhere down the line they'll add it to some attractions when they have the budget to do so. I wouldn't be surprised to see stuff in Star Wars work with the magic bands, for example. It's a lot easier to add the functionality if the infrastructure is there.

Why get rid of it? Because the tech is outdated. I agree they finally have it serviceable. There is an easier way to accomplish the same task at hand ( see Igers comments with what is being implemented in China). As I said if the system was so great and they had the nesscesary results it would go into other Disney properties. I agree with that the back end of the system needed updating. But to integrate that back end work with the MB was a total waste. Paper FP will never come back IMO.

As far as the interactive aspect of the system? There hasn't been a lot of implementation so far. I guess the jury is still out on that. But that doesn't get me excited about the program.

@PhotoDave219 15 years is your guess? The tech is outdated already. Can you imagine what the tech will be in just 5-10 years? I would bet DL gets the Shanghai treatment....... with Igers comments about what will go in Shanghai its clear there is already shift.

Cesar R M

Why get rid of it? Because the tech is outdated. I agree they finally have it serviceable. There is an easier way to accomplish the same task at hand ( see Igers comments with what is being implemented in China). As I said if the system was so great and they had the nesscesary results it would go into other Disney properties. I agree with that the back end of the system needed updating. But to integrate that back end work with the MB was a total waste. Paper FP will never come back IMO.

As far as the interactive aspect of the system? There hasn't been a lot of implementation so far. I guess the jury is still out on that. But that doesn't get me excited about the program.

@PhotoDave219 15 years is your guess? The tech is outdated already. Can you imagine what the tech will be in just 5-10 years? I would bet DL gets the Shanghai treatment....... with Igers comments about what will go in Shanghai its clear there is already shift.
speaking of tech.. who will manage the data generated by the "new gen" tools in shangai disneyland? the Chinese government? or Disney?

PhotoDave219

That's my prediction because of the glacial speed that the Walt Disney World resort moves that.

How long for Avatar to be built?
How long for NFL?
How long for Star Wars Land? Disney Springs? The third track for TSMM? soarin expansion? rivers of color?

They take their sweet time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom