A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
So, Zenia and her flying monkeys give Ben Fritz a 'leaked' exclusive about an opening date for SDL that lasts for all of about two hours before they put out a nothing blog post confirming the date.

I can only say good luck to anyone who thinks the entire park will be ready for this date. As of recently, Disney had three attractions ready to cycle. THREE. Yes, two are big ones, but not really the point. Soaring Over the Horizon has had to utilize DCA's theater in the middle of the night for programming because the attraction in SDL simply isn't ready.

And the Twits are already trying to figure out where that $800 million in MAGICal dollars/RMB went. Here's a hint, it's been two years (or will be soon) since The Weatherman announced the cash infusion and nothing has been added beyond the temp attractions for Marvel and Star Wars. And one entire land, Toy Story Land was axed. Do NOT expect Ben Fritz or anyone who covers Disney to demand an answer for this.

I admit to being torn right now because I really wanted to attend the opening, but June is summer in Shanghai -- and summer in China makes O-Town feel cool by comparison -- no matter how Disney will tell you that spring lasts until 6/21 so therefore Bob hasn't lied again. And to visit a park where major attractions won't be ready until fall or even winter ... I'm not so sure.

On other matters, I am sick to death about talking about SW and hearing fanbois crow about the box office like it somehow justifies their enjoyment of TFA:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/upshot/star-wars-and-how-a-force-helps-the-federal-reserve.html?
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...he-world-doesnt-need-a-young-han-solo/423624/

Back to Social Media and Disney's perversion of it ... I had to laugh at the one piece of art the DPB threw out yesterday showing the DLRR chugging along a new route over a very truncated RoA. Fans look at one piece of art and suddenly lose their brains, if they had them to start. Gotta love destroying a key part of Walt's park for an IP that has no place (beyond Iger's ego) in said park. And when it is all over with: more crowds with two attractions that still won't come close to the hourly throughput on attractions like Small World and Pirates, attractions that Walt oversaw and are still wowing fans almost 50 years later.

Recently visited DLP and Europa Park (a first for the latter). Greatly enjoyed both. Whether I have the energy to type up thoughts for your consumption with requisite comparisons to WDW, I'm not sure of. But if I do, it will be next week at the earliest.

PhotoDave219

So, Zenia and her flying monkeys give Ben Fritz a 'leaked' exclusive about an opening date for SDL that lasts for all of about two hours before they put out a nothing blog post confirming the date.

I can only say good luck to anyone who thinks the entire park will be ready for this date. As of recently, Disney had three attractions ready to cycle. THREE. Yes, two are big ones, but not really the point. Soaring Over the Horizon has had to utilize DCA's theater in the middle of the night for programming because the attraction in SDL simply isn't ready.

And the Twits are already trying to figure out where that $800 million in MAGICal dollars/RMB went. Here's a hint, it's been two years (or will be soon) since The Weatherman announced the cash infusion and nothing has been added beyond the temp attractions for Marvel and Star Wars. And one entire land, Toy Story Land was axed. Do NOT expect Ben Fritz or anyone who covers Disney to demand an answer for this.

I admit to being torn right now because I really wanted to attend the opening, but June is summer in Shanghai -- and summer in China makes O-Town feel cool by comparison -- no matter how Disney will tell you that spring lasts until 6/21 so therefore Bob hasn't lied again. And to visit a park where major attractions won't be ready until fall or even winter ... I'm not so sure.

On other matters, I am sick to death about talking about SW and hearing fanbois crow about the box office like it somehow justifies their enjoyment of TFA:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/upshot/star-wars-and-how-a-force-helps-the-federal-reserve.html?
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...he-world-doesnt-need-a-young-han-solo/423624/

Back to Social Media and Disney's perversion of it ... I had to laugh at the one piece of art the DPB threw out yesterday showing the DLRR chugging along a new route over a very truncated RoA. Fans look at one piece of art and suddenly lose their brains, if they had them to start. Gotta love destroying a key part of Walt's park for an IP that has no place (beyond Iger's ego) in said park. And when it is all over with: more crowds with two attractions that still won't come close to the hourly throughput on attractions like Small World and Pirates, attractions that Walt oversaw and are still wowing fans almost 50 years later.

Recently visited DLP and Europa Park (a first for the latter). Greatly enjoyed both. Whether I have the energy to type up thoughts for your consumption with requisite comparisons to WDW, I'm not sure of. But if I do, it will be next week at the earliest.

What... nothing on theNike CEO to the Board appointment? Nothing on the ESPN ratings disaster for the CFP? (Down 15% for the finals, NYE cost them $2M in makegoods)

And I don't crow about Star Wars, I falcon. Millenium Falcon.

Smiddimizer

How was Ratatouille? It's been getting good to mixed reviews across the board, but we really enjoyed it.

The Empress Lilly

One could replace SDL with 'EPCOT', 'TPFKaD-MGMS' or 'DAK' and all of the above is still spot on to the last detail. ;)

Phil12

Damn, I guess I have to see it another five times.

brb1006

I guess Bob actually decided to pay attention to the Henson IP the company's got and watched the Wesaysoland episode of Dinosaurs where the family goes to a theme park that opens while most of it is still under construction.

"I wanna go to Shanghai Disneyland, I wanna go to Shanghai Disneyland!"

Next Big Thing

I have a pretty observant eye even if I'm not looking specifically for problems, but even I've never seen an overflowing trash can. Litter here and there? Sure. But never overflowing.
I worked custodial at MK and i'll admit from time to time trash cans get over-flowing... but it's normally around the 8-11 time period when the hub is packed and it's hard to navigate. Trash cans thus end up overflowing and a mess as everyone clears.

Besides that though, I always took a sense of pride in that we always got the job done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom