A Spirited Perfect Ten

Voxel

President of Progress City
Yep that's correct. The only catch is you can only be watching an ESPN service on Sling, or on Watch ESPN. They limit you to one screen at a time.

ETA: I see further down you said you use sling, so you would already know the above.
Luckily I am a house old of one, I don't see my self watching multiple games at a time until March Madness

doctornick

In comparison, F&F opened 66.04 million. For something that suppose to be the biggest film on the planet, that's not "record breaking" and Star Wars have a bigger marketing push as well in China.

I'm not sure what you mean "supposed to be" as that's the kind of nebulous claim that is often used to build a straw man to then tear down something popular.

TFA is doing outstanding. It took the domestic crown in only three weeks and is adding to the total. It has been doing very well in foreign markets (Europe more than Asia), not as front loaded as domestically, but with better holds over time.

It had a solid opening in China and how well it does there overall is yet to be determine but anyone expecting it to be a monster hit there was being delusional -- for a movie so seeped in nostalgia, it would be tough to be a breakout hit. I mean the emotional investment in plot is dependent on a familiarity with the franchise. If you don't know who Luke or Han are or their part in the universe, then the plot points involving them don't have much emotional stakes (and would be somewhat hard to understand). As I've said before, I expect that Disney feels any money from China for this film is just gravy and are looking to Rogue One -- with two major Chinese actors -- to have the bigger impact there.

The book on TFA isn't even closed anyway, so we can write the final analysis when it ends its run and we can actual see what it did overall. But even if it didn't make another cent, it would be tough to rate it as anything but a huge success.

NearTheEars

Luckily I am a house old of one, I don't see my self watching multiple games at a time until March Madness

For $20 Sling is a steal. It seemed a little glitchy early on, but the last couple of months I really haven't had any streaming issues. I think if people are looking to cut the cord, but still want ESPN, this is the best way to get it. Plus you have access to the other channels that come with it.

On Demand is lacking, but many of the channels let you cross back a couple of hours to start shows over.

Rodan75

For $20 Sling is a steal. It seemed a little glitchy early on, but the last couple of months I really haven't had any streaming issues. I think if people are looking to cut the cord, but still want ESPN, this is the best way to get it. Plus you have access to the other channels that come with it.

On Demand is lacking, but many of the channels let you cross back a couple of hours to start shows over.

Sling and PS Vue really highlight that cable is charging way too much for linear TV.

AEfx

RE: The Golden Globes...

Was actually decently entertaining (given I watched it time delayed and could skip past the commercials and the fluff) - but man, ultimately depressing - I really hadn't realized what a largely crap year for movies 2015 really was. Thank goodness we had a few audience pleasing movies, because without those it was a really bleak year for film. There were a few exceptions, but I can't recall a year in recent memory where there were just so few interesting and/or noteworthy films.

Cesar R M

Anyone else currently stuck on Monorail Silver at the TTC? Problem with the doors I guess.

Edit: fixed like a minute after I posted this. Was stuck for about 5.
talk about bad luck. We rode the Star Wars one and a few others with no issues ( I think the Teal and Yellow)
the silver one is this one?
or that one counts as "black" ?

Attachments

• DSC_2980_DxO.jpg
    DSC_2980_DxO.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 75

twebber55

Yes, the College Football Playoff committee REFUSED to move the games to NYD as ESPN had asked, which makes more sense IMO.

Its either that or the Playoff games have to start earlier on NYE, a 1PM kick and a 430 kick. You're not going to pull College Football ratings on NYE in prime time because is New Years Ever fer crying out loud* (Original Hunter S. Thompson style rant removed - ed.) Your prime advertising demo (18-35 Males) is going to go out and celebrate NYE and party. They are not going to stay in and watch football unless its their team, and then only MAYBE. They are much more interested in their demo (18-35 Females) instead.
you can blame the rose bowl and sugar bowl for that, they refused to play on another day than Jan 1

Prince-1

Was actually decently entertaining (given I watched it time delayed and could skip past the commercials and the fluff) - but man, ultimately depressing - I really hadn't realized what a largely crap year for movies 2015 really was. Thank goodness we had a few audience pleasing movies, because without those it was a really bleak year for film. There were a few exceptions, but I can't recall a year in recent memory where there were just so few interesting and/or noteworthy films.

Mad Max Fury Road
The Revenant
The Danish Girl
Room
Spotlght
The Martian
Inside out
Star Wars
The Hateful Eight
Etc, Etc, Etc....

You may have not liked all those films but hard to say it was a crap year.

indyumd

The Air and Space IMAX closed today for a long refurbishment to upgrade to digital, so I went to see TFA last night in 70mm IMAX. The Millenium Falcon chase scene was awesome, but the theater was definitely showing its age. It was also 80% full, which suprised me, giving it was a Sunday night showing in a closed museum during a Redskins playoff game.

PhotoDave219

Ricky Gervais was brutal and didnt hold back.

Which if you like that kinda of humor (clearly I do) then it was totally for you.

PhotoDave219

The Air and Space IMAX closed today for a long refurbishment to upgrade to digital, so I went to see TFA last night in 70mm IMAX. The Millenium Falcon chase scene was awesome, but the theater was definitely showing its age. It was also 80% full, which suprised me, giving it was a Sunday night showing in a closed museum during a Redskins playoff game.

To be clear, you are referring to the Air and Space Museum in Downtown DC on the Mall.

The Airbus Theatre at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles Airport is showing it in 70mm IMAX 3D on the latest Digital 4K projector thru January 28th I believe.

Parking is free after 4 or 4:30.

(From The beltway, Toll Road/267 West to Rt 28 South)

(From IAD, take Taxi or Rental Car to Rt 28 South)

hpyhnt 1000

To be clear, you are referring to the Air and Space Museum in Downtown DC on the Mall.

The Airbus Theatre at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles Airport is showing it in 70mm IMAX 3D on the latest Digital 4K projector thru January 28th I believe.

Toying with the idea of heading out there to see it but need to figure out a way to make it palatable to the GF. Unfortunately, saying you can wander around a museum full of airplanes if you don't want to see the movie isn't exactly doing the trick.

indyumd

Yeah, I should have clarified. I didn't want to see it in 3D though, so I wanted to hit up Air and Space instead of Udvar-Hazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom