A Spirited Perfect Ten

Rodan75

We'll have to compare notes but We had similar experiences, it seems.
I was there the week of the 11th. And add me to the chorus that fundamental changes need to happen with Disney Transportation. Guests are not sardines or cattle. And the drivers shouldnt be driving the way they do with guests standing on the busses. Only a matter of time before someone flies out during a sudden stop.

tokengator

I watched the movie in Cinemark XD (2D - I am not a fan of wearing 3D glasses for more than 10 minutes) which was fantastic...I want to find a theater that has D-Box and give that a try

RealD 3D - is the new generation of entertainment, with crisp, bright, ultra-realistic 3D images so lifelike you feel like you've stepped inside the movie. RealD 3D adds depth that puts you in the thick of the action.

RPX - features a giant immersive screen illuminated by high-quality all digital projectors and completed with a state-of-the-art sound system. Regal technicians individually design each RPX location to provide an enhanced experience in sight and sound.

IMAX 3D - presentations provide the world's most realistic and immersive 3D ever. With the powerful IMAX 3D projector, a state-of-the-art digital surround sound system and the unique IMAX screen geometry that fills the entire field of view.

Cinemark XD - greets customers with an enormous screen, plush seats and Cinemark's custom sound system with speakers that produce crisp, clear digital sound. Experience Cinemark XD in 2D and in RealD 3D.

D-BOX - With its patented technology, D-BOX Motion Code™ uses motion effects specifically programmed for each film, which is integrated within either a platform or a seat. The resulting motion is perfectly synchronized with all onscreen action, creating an unmatched realistic immersive experience.
http://www.d-box.com/entertainment/theatrical-entertainment/map/

ETX - Enhanced Theatre Experience ETX Includes 20% larger floor-to-ceiling screen, breathtaking sound and digital projection that is higher resolution than HD.

Fork & Screen - A Casual Movie Theatre-Restaurant Experience for all Guests, diverse menu featuring appetizers, entrees, desserts, full bar, wine & cocktails

Digital 3D - describes presentations where three-dimensional images are projected digitally.

HFR - High Frame Rate HFR 3D is a brand new motion picture format; High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D). Only in Select theatres, HFR 3D represents a technological advancement in the motion picture experience. This innovative format presents the picture in 48 frames per second (fps), which is closer to what the human eye actually sees. This is twice the rate of the standard 24 fps, which is the current format in cinemas worldwide. Experience HFR 3D for yourself, including XD HFR 3D and HFR 3D.

asianway

I was there the week of the 11th. And add me to the chorus that fundamental changes need to happen with Disney Transportation. Guests are not sardines or cattle. And the drivers shouldnt be driving the way they do with guests standing on the busses. Only a matter of time before someone flies out during a sudden stop.
In a world where bubble guns are banned, I can't fathom how bus standing is still allowed

PhotoDave219

Sort of like one of Hill's friends and contemporaries, Paul F. Anderson. His Persistence of Vision magazine was incredible. However, many of us ponied up bucks for issues that were never published and/or delivered. And similar to the situation with Hill, no apology or refund, let alone an explanation, was ever offered.

Actually, this has more to do with the dissolving of the good ol' boys club in Glendale than anything else. Most of his sources have either passed away (especially his primary source) or retired. WDI is nothing like its former glory days when well-established Imagineers became Disney celebrities, thanks to fan boy conventions and events. And when dealing with folks like Hill, many of those celebrity Imagineers leaked more than a rusty colander.

Ditto for other Disney fan sites and the sentiments of long term posters. Hill has been an equal opportunity antagonist for several years.

Which still makes me wonder what quid pro quo was in effect for him to score that solitary endorsement on the Disney Shorts DVD cover. What did Hill promise to do for Disney in return for that honor? Must have been something substantial, given Hill ain't exactly Leonard Maltin.

Enough.

Move on.

tokengator

This site serves the strangest ads to me. First lots of Disney realted stuff, then golf clubs, then gay cruises and now Verizon FiOS ads in Japanese.

I'm not judging or trying to imply anything, but website with ads have algorithms that gear specific ads to individual users based on their web browsing and web searching history.

So any time over the last 6 months or so if you looked at golf clubs, read a golf article, went to a golf course website, looked at golf related photos, did a google search related to golf, or any other golf related possibilities then you will very likely get golf ads at this site and various other sites. As for the gay cruise -- it doesn't mean you looked up a gay cruise. You could have read an article about a gay actor or checked the imdb page for brokeback mountain and it might set an algo off.

Arthur Wellesley

oh and there is some MAJOR a-hles out there. I was just perusing twitter and i come across people just blabbering out spoilers -- intentionally -- for chits and giggles. They would reply to a news feed about some world event or whatever with a spoiler; so even if you were trying to stay away from any Star Wars talk you would be unsuspectingly smacked with a spoiler where you should not expect to see a star wars comment.

In my case I was looking at a tweet from Wall Street Journal, a financial news tidbit, and I look at the comments and there was a darn star wars spoiler blasted by someone. unbelievable.

What the F is wrong with people?
That is just immature beyond words.

tokengator

Any more pathetic than a life so impacted by a movie?

Who "life" was impacted by a movie? Does this concept of art/entertainment and enjoying said entertainment escape you? The writer/director intended for the story to be told a specific way and bring out a desired affect or emotion -- people are trying to rob others of that. It lessens the value, or intended value, of the scene and perhaps even the movie for some people.

Your defense of this is rather baffling -- or perhaps not.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Who "life" was impacted by a movie? Does this concept of entertainment and enjoying said entertainment escape you? The writer/director intended for the story to be told a specific way and bring out a desired affect or emotion -- people are trying to rob others of that. It lessens the value, or intended value, of the scene and perhaps even the movie for some people.

Your defense of this is rather baffling -- or perhaps not.
No defense. It was a question which I deleted because I felt it would be taken the wrong way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom