A Spirited Perfect Ten

SJN1279

After seeing the movie, I can honestly say there are no major surprises that can be spoiled that would ruin the movie. I actually was hoping for more...

lazyboy97o

I'm not judging or trying to imply anything, but website with ads have algorithms that gear specific ads to individual users based on their web browsing and web searching history.

So any time over the last 6 months or so if you looked at golf clubs, read a golf article, went to a golf course website, looked at golf related photos, did a google search related to golf, or any other golf related possibilities then you will very likely get golf ads at this site and various other sites. As for the gay cruise -- it doesn't mean you looked up a gay cruise. You could have read an article about a gay actor or checked the imdb page for brokeback mountain and it might set an algo off.
Just being on a Disney site is probably enough to trigger the gay cruise ads.

:confused::confused::confused:

Are you talking about Star Wars, or Alvin & The Chipmunks?
Given his history, he probably considers the Alvin and the Chipmunks films to be cinema gold.

AEfx

:confused::confused::confused:

Are you talking about Star Wars, or Alvin & The Chipmunks?

To be fair (as much as it pains me) - he's not entirely wrong. It depends on your level of knowledge about Star Wars and how much you have kept up on news/leaks about the new film.

To a "normal" person - i.e. 98% of people - there are some gee big WOW spoilers in there. For harder-core SW fans, just - not so much. In fact, more questions actually than answers.

That's not a criticism whatsoever - I adored the film - my only true complaint would be obvious to anyone who knows me, while Carrie Fisher had a few dramatic pivotal scenes, she needed about 45 minutes more screen time, LOL. But as a long term Star Wars fan, I wasn't shocked by anything, is probably the best way to put it.

On the other hand - there is at least one thing in there that will go down as one of the great movie spoilers/moments of all time - at least for 98% of the viewing audience, particularly those who aren't well-versed in the intricacies behind the scenes of the OT.

Disneyhead'71

You mean like you who posted Star Wars spoilers in General Discussion six months ago while drunk?
Oh, come on. Drunk posting and deliberately putting spoilers in totally non related topic comments is a bit different. A few of us here may have made a drunk post or 2 that in hindsight we may agree that we probably shouldn't have posted. And there are a few that just try to rain on people's parade.

tokengator

of course they matter. It changes the experience and it changes what the directors and writers intended. It shouldn't "ruin" the movie of course, but it screws up the "experience". Those scenes were intended to elicit a specific response within the viewer -- it is part of what the writers and director wanted the viewer to experience. It is part of their art. They work hard to bring you to a certain emotion about something or someone and typically a big part of the movie experience is doing something to that something/someone to bring about another emotion. Getting people to have emotional attachments about the movie, characters, etc is a big part of the movie making art. It is also a hard thing to do. This is why they go to great lengths to protect these types spoilers.

two people pay to see the same movie and get the same experience. One person walks in, watches and gets the "experience" that writer/director intended. As he leaves he screams out a big spoiler to the 2nd person walking in. That person paid the same money but now won't get to enjoy the same experience. That is immature, selfish, and just plain a-hole-ish

it shouldn't be up to anyone but each individual as to whether or not the spoilers matter. Some jerk shouldn't get to decide that you or other people shouldn't care about spoilers. In my example the 2nd person never got a chance to decide if he wants to know the spoiler or not -- someone else decided for him. I don't think most people like other people deciding things for them.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I watched the movie in Cinemark XD (2D - I am not a fan of wearing 3D glasses for more than 10 minutes) which was fantastic...I want to find a theater that has D-Box and give that a try

I saw it in D Box. A little distracting initially, mostly a lot of vibration and gentle swaying with perspective changes. I liked it well enough though.

I don't know if I'd actually pay for it, and certainly wouldn't see it outside of a major blockbuster, but a worthwhile use of Scene Points (Canadian theater reward system).

gmajew

Premium Member
Star Wars was a great great movie. I was like a kid watching it. Great movie and I will be seeing it a few more times in next few weeks.

They did a great job with it and was way more then I was hoping for and was just happy watching it.

Steel City Magic

Sorry if I'm late to the party, saw force awakens. Solid 8/10. I'm a big fan of practical effects over cg, which was incredible in this film. Really slightly upset that they didnt use the Henson company this time around though. Any idea why?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I didn't expect there to be so many jerks out there. I really don't get what these people think they are accomplishing. Is their life that pathetic?
My oldest son blurted out a major spoiler to Son #2 and his girlfriend as they were leaving for the theatre tonight.
And then, just a few hours later, he killed his car battery and needed his brother to come boost him.

Karma's only a b-word, if you are!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom