A Spirited Perfect Ten

Ralphlaw

New Years eve at World Showcase last year was an experience, but I don't remember overwhelming drunkenness. I tried.

Anyhow, New Years Day this year will be Who years day at Epcot. Wear your favorite Dr. Who garb and receive a free smile from the likes of me. Drunk or Sober, it'll be a time.

rael ramone

ESPN needs to get ahead of the game and essentially disrupt itself to come out on top. The problem with that is that it will anger the cable companies, which could damage present business. The navigation to the new model is going to be very tricky indeed and I don't envy whoever is tasked with it.

A big part of the 'new model' is what part middlemen like ESPN will have in it. A writer on Seeking Alpha suggested that if streaming became the standard delivery method of live sports, the leagues will likely deliver the live content direct to the consumers and cut ESPN out of it...

rael ramone

Let's not forget, that had the pyramid climber been inured, it would have been Disneys fault for not being more proactive in preventing him from being an idiot and a law suit would have been filed.

Maybe they'll put up some cheap netting (a la 'Tree of Life') to catch drunken idiots to keep them from landing on other guests...

Flippin'Flounder

hmm, I don't. He could have slipped and fell to his death in front of a crowd of people including many children. Disney needs to make an example out of this guy, that this type of behavior will not be accepted.
Judge Falco rules with an iron fist, lol. But I agree. Drunk or not, that was just a completely idiotic thing to do. Ive been hammered at Epcot to the point where I could barely walk straight but I would never even so much as open a door that I wasnt supposed to. What did this guy think would happen when he reached the top? He would be a hero?

The most upsetting thing is that there are children EVERYWHERE at Disney and this moron completely disregarded the fact that they would witness this.
The people with little kids should have stopped him. I'm sure there were sober people around that could have told him to stop.

wdwfan100

Unless the police report mentioned, how do we know he was drunk? It's not like he tore off his shirt and started doing the end zone dance or began screaming "I'm king of the world".

A funnier video would be him walking back down with the entirety of WS reacting to each step. Or WDW could have recreated a scene from Apocalypta
Admittedly I applied the title of the video to the person. I apologize for the potential misrepresentation. How is this? Potentially drunk, and obvious behavioral idiot.

Last edited:

Rteetz

Dear Bob, PLEASE name the stadium Dagobah, its within your power! and I will forgive you for MM+! If we get a Frozen themed football stadium, well, I wouldnt be surprised.
Well they did have some renderings made up already with some interesting lightning effect that goes off when the Chargers score.

Nubs70

Admittedly I applied the title of the video to the person. I apologize for the potential misrepresentation. How is this? Potentially drunk, and obvious behavioral idiot.
No apologies needed. Drunk or not, what a dumbass. I must admit I have been tempted to climb the facade myself. However, my better side ruled out.

Travel Junkie

Have the conspiracy theorists not heard the Iger Stadium news yet?

- ESPN has massive NFL rights deal
- ESPN disciplines and or doesn't renew contracts of talent that is highly critical of the NFL
- ESPN backs out of concussion documentary it was doing in conjunction with PBS
- ESPN's parent company CEO inks deal that if you read the fine print promises part ownership of an NFL team in the future

Looking at it from the LA point of view this should be interesting with the Rams also trying to move in. There has already been some political maneuvering going on. The proposed Rams stadium site is being put under review as a security risk as it sits under the LAX flight path even though other high profile venues in the same area have never come under that same scrutiny. The implication being that the people behind Iger's plan are trying to keep the Rams out so they get the LA market.

Ralphlaw

For some people, they have a 180 degree change in personality when they drink. It's relatively rare but it happens. I have a cousin who is a calm and law-abiding computer nerd, but once he has a few drinks in him, he starts pulling fire alarms and breaking windows. He never was a big or regular drinker, but obviously alcohol and him don't mix well.

In my work, I deal with people who got in trouble for drunken behavior all the time. Most people will simply have an exaggeration of their pre-drunken mood when they drink. A happy person becomes a giggly person. A sad person starts crying. And a rowdy person becomes reckless.

Here, the guy may have been an idiot to start, or he may have been one of those 180 degree guys. Interestingly, people with certain genetics seem to be more prone to the 180 degree guy. My cousin was 1/8th Cherokee Native American, and he chalked it up to that, rightly or wrongly. Now, he doesn't drink even a single drop--and his life is better for it. Smart.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have the conspiracy theorists not heard the Iger Stadium news yet?

- ESPN has massive NFL rights deal
- ESPN disciplines and or doesn't renew contracts of talent that is highly critical of the NFL
- ESPN backs out of concussion documentary it was doing in conjunction with PBS
- ESPN's parent company CEO inks deal that if you read the fine print promises part ownership of an NFL team in the future

Looking at it from the LA point of view this should be interesting with the Rams also trying to move in. There has already been some political maneuvering going on. The proposed Rams stadium site is being put under review as a security risk as it sits under the LAX flight path even though other high profile venues in the same area have never come under that same scrutiny. The implication being that the people behind Iger's plan are trying to keep the Rams out so they get the LA market.

Yes that is the general idea - keep competing ownership groups out of the territory you want, Although in the past more ethical people would have passed on that chairmanship because of the massive conflict of interest.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
A big part of the 'new model' is what part middlemen like ESPN will have in it. A writer on Seeking Alpha suggested that if streaming became the standard delivery method of live sports, the leagues will likely deliver the live content direct to the consumers and cut ESPN out of it...

Yes yes they will indeed remove the now useless middleman. (in this case ESPN)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, Disney is making this movie to make money...and that is news? The funny thing is, the movie will actually make more money (from ticket sales, merchandise, other avenues) if people like it, so I'd assume they tried to make a good movie...

Every movie is supposedly made to make money, The disturbing thing about the article is how JJ keeps referring to 'a delightful movie' SW at it's core is an epic adventure with good opposing evil in epic fights to the death - Somehow 'delightful' does not seem to fit this narrative.

Cesar R M

Let's not forget, that had the pyramid climber been inured, it would have been Disneys fault for not being more proactive in preventing him from being an idiot and a law suit would have been filed.
so.. a company is also guilty of the stupidity of their guests?
wow.
At this rate there will be CMS with leashes for guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom