A Spirited Perfect Ten

doctornick

Since @WDW1974 likes to pick on SHIELD, I feel it's necessary to complement Elizabeth Henstridge for a great performance and Jesse Bochco for directing not only to best episode of Agents of SHIELD so far, but one of the best hours of the MCU. It was almost like a mini version of "The Martian", so different from any other SHIELD episode, yet we actually got very compelling TV and filled in many gaps on existing plot points.

If you aren't watching, you're missing out. That's not just me saying that either. It's received much critical acclaim of late and a 93% overall series Rotten Tomatoes score isn't too shabby either.

It's too bad that when the show started, it sucked balls. It lost a lot of viewership because of those first few episodes.

I rather enjoyed last night's episode as well and look forward to how the story unfolds going forward. Really curious about the alien planet...

Is it Ego the Living Planet?

Next Big Thing

I rather enjoyed last night's episode as well and look forward to how the story unfolds going forward. Really curious about the alien planet...

Could be any number of things. Really interested in seeing them go back. As much as I like Ward's Hydra and the ATCU sub-plots, I really hope the season shifts to continue focusing on the FitzSimmons sub-plot and getting back into the monolith. Not that I don't want to see the other stuff too, but last night's episode made me realize how petty most of those plots seem in comparison.

asianway

2017 seems to be getting really full with new rides in Orlando, gonna be a big year.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANy...uf8YQfyFy2WFA&time_continue=127&v=iQY7b_dXCvs

Personally I'm excited that we're getting closer and closer to the announcement of what'll be in Nintendoland :D
I never did Twister, but I recall Ghostbusters being a show. Is the facility being converted to a ride? Or is it already one?

Sorry not a fan of the movie, so Ive never given it a thought. Thanks

Cesar R M

yes, it is.

There are a few other "living" things as well.
Including the weird Order and Chaos, hell.. even the Universe is sort of an entity like Death (they are called the cosmic entities or abstracts)

RSoxNo1

2017 seems to be getting really full with new rides in Orlando, gonna be a big year.

Personally I'm excited that we're getting closer and closer to the announcement of what'll be in Nintendoland :D

I have no information on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is similar to the Ratatouille ride, trackless with a lot of screens.

brb1006

China just lifted its one-child policy, which had been in place for decades. Under the new policy, couples will be allowed to have up to two children.

I recall reading something about Shanghai Disneyland being designed with more attractions that are "adult/elder friendly" because an average visiting family would trend toward one child and multiple parents and grandparents, rather than two parents and multiple children. I have to imagine that this new policy will effect some substantial change (positive, one hopes) on both SDL's attendance patterns and the types of attractions it introduces in the future

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/asia/china-one-child-policy/index.html

Nmoody1

China just lifted its one-child policy, which had been in place for decades. Under the new policy, couples will be allowed to have up to two children.

I recall reading something about Shanghai Disneyland being designed with more attractions that are "adult/elder friendly" because an average visiting family would trend toward one child and multiple parents and grandparents, rather than two parents and multiple children. I have to imagine that this new policy will effect some substantial change (positive, one hopes) on both SDL's attendance patterns and the types of attractions it introduces in the future

I believe when they say the park has been designed with older people in mind, they are referring to areas like gardens of imagination and the garden areas of the park - being somewhere to take in the atmosphere etc.

This is so far shaping up to be a park that is actually geared towards a more diverse age range of folks... unlike the Magic Kingdom that if it is dumbed down anymore there will be an age limit if nobody over 7+ years admitted! ;)

AEfx

Since @WDW1974 likes to pick on SHIELD, I feel it's necessary to complement Elizabeth Henstridge for a great performance and Jesse Bochco for directing not only to best episode of Agents of SHIELD so far, but one of the best hours of the MCU. It was almost like a mini version of "The Martian", so different from any other SHIELD episode, yet we actually got very compelling TV and filled in many gaps on existing plot points.

If you aren't watching, you're missing out. That's not just me saying that either. It's received much critical acclaim of late and a 93% overall series Rotten Tomatoes score isn't too shabby either.

It's too bad that when the show started, it sucked balls. It lost a lot of viewership because of those first few episodes.

I don't think the early viewership issues were really so much as it being bad as just not being up to expectations - people expected super-power heroes battling it out every week, which clearly wasn't what the show was intended to be. I do agree it's been a bit uneven, though.

That said, I completely agree. This week's episode was easily it's finest. Henstridge did wonderfully. In another climate, she'd get a nomination out of it (while the Oscar's have somewhat embraced genre, Emmy's certainly haven't). Probably the finest single episode of any show I've seen this year, as a matter of fact.

Next Big Thing

I don't think the early viewership issues were really so much as it being bad as just not being up to expectations - people expected super-power heroes battling it out every week, which clearly wasn't what the show was intended to be. I do agree it's been a bit uneven, though.
Yeah, when the show was initially advertised, it was never advertised as a super-hero show. I think many assumed (rightfully) because of the Marvel name it would involve superheros, but it was poor, NCIS level basic conception the first half of season one. Ever since then, the series has progressed amazingly and believably due to the battles they've been in. Characters who were maybe just in the background or there wasn't a huge vested interest in (Fitz/Simmons) are now the high points of many episodes. And with the inHumans added last season and expanded into this season, there actually is superheros fighting virtually every week now.

That said, I completely agree. This week's episode was easily it's finest. Henstridge did wonderfully. In another climate, she'd get a nomination out of it (while the Oscar's have somewhat embraced genre, Emmy's certainly haven't). Probably the finest single episode of any show I've seen this year, as a matter of fact.
Agreed on all accounts. I had wondered how they would tell this story with how SHIELD normally operates as a show and as soon as I saw the title sequence come across in a very under-toned fashion, I knew we'd be focusing on her the whole episode.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I have no information on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is similar to the Ratatouille ride, trackless with a lot of screens.

It's going into a small building...no space for any kind of large ride area...and it isn't a big attraction, just a filler IMO.

lazyboy97o

This change in policy will likely have minimal affect on attendance patterns to Shanghai Disneyland. It won't change multiple generations and the focus of the One Child policy was urban couples. Even without the policy in place, those who are more likely to visit are of the demographics that globally have fewer children.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I believe when they say the park has been designed with older people in mind, they are referring to areas like gardens of imagination and the garden areas of the park - being somewhere to take in the atmosphere etc.

This is so far shaping up to be a park that is actually geared towards a more diverse age range of folks... unlike the Magic Kingdom that if it is dumbed down anymore there will be an age limit if nobody over 7+ years admitted! ;)

In this respect SDL is more in line with Walt's vision of a park for EVERYONE in the family, Not today's 'Toddler Kingdom'

raymusiccity

I'm excited!

image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom