A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Maybe

Maybe a box?
MATT DAMON!!!!

RYJoIeN.jpg

Next Big Thing

Cesar R M

So the Tampa Premium Outlet mall opened today. 103 stores in total, yet it didn't start site prep until last October. Disney Springs has taken how long again and we still don't even know the full tenant list? Just thought i'd share a comparison of how big construction works in the real world to Disney...
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...ampa-premium-outlets-in-wesley-chapel/2251794
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...ampa-premium-outlets-in-wesley-chapel/2251794
question.. was the Tampa outlet build in an area that had other buildings and near an active shopping area?

rael ramone

Spoiler avoiders: Pay no attention to the new 'supercut' trailer for SW7 - and avoid any still frames from it or the last official trailer. For your benefit I will say no more...

And those who know (or think they might know) what I'm talking about should do the same....

lazyboy97o

So the Tampa Premium Outlet mall opened today. 103 stores in total, yet it didn't start site prep until last October. Disney Springs has taken how long again and we still don't even know the full tenant list? Just thought i'd share a comparison of how big construction works in the real world to Disney...
I doubt there was a lot of unique design and detail work on an outlet mall.

rael ramone

Based on price action in $DIS last week, it appeared the announcement of Disneylife (new streaming service for UK) was viewed more favorably then the SW7 trailer.

ESPN is similliar to the Mouse as the iPhone is to Apple (but not exact since IPhone is a bigger slice of the pie at $AAPL).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Spoiler avoiders: Pay no attention to the new 'supercut' trailer for SW7 - and avoid any still frames from it or the last official trailer. For your benefit I will say no more...

And those who know (or think they might know) what I'm talking about should do the same....

You forget some of us don't care about the upcoming 2 hour toy advertisement. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Based on price action in $DIS last week, it appeared the announcement of Disneylife (new streaming service for UK) was viewed more favorably then the SW7 trailer.

ESPN is similliar to the Mouse as the iPhone is to Apple (but not exact since IPhone is a bigger slice of the pie at $AAPL).

Not to be snarky but the streaming service will be far more CONSISTENTLY profitable over the long haul than the 2 hour toy advert disguised as a movie. And this is from someone who LIKES Star Wars. I'm simply afraid that to quote Yogurt from Spaceballs its all about Moychendising rather than STORY in today's Disney.

Disneyhead'71

Not to be snarky but the streaming service will be far more CONSISTENTLY profitable over the long haul than the 2 hour toy advert disguised as a movie. And this is from someone who LIKES Star Wars. I'm simply afraid that to quote Yogurt from Spaceballs its all about Moychendising rather than STORY in today's Disney.
Maybe it's a story about merchandising.

Rodan75

I think the rally with $DIS stock is a combination of things, the anticipation of Star Wars, Cable Companies showing Cord Cutting isn't as pervasive as was envisioned and Disney making their cord cutting contingency plans/trials known with the announcement of DisneyLife.

Iger came across as clumsy for triggering the media sell off a few months ago, but given the rebound in $DIS and continued stock weakness at Viacom and Time Warner, he is looking pretty smart.

PhotoDave219

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

rael ramone

I think the rally with $DIS stock is a combination of things, the anticipation of Star Wars, Cable Companies showing Cord Cutting isn't as pervasive as was envisioned and Disney making their cord cutting contingency plans/trials known with the announcement of DisneyLife.

Iger came across as clumsy for triggering the media sell off a few months ago, but given the rebound in $DIS and continued stock weakness at Viacom and Time Warner, he is looking pretty smart.

The day after the trailer there was a small bump that went away at midday.

The next day when Disneylife was announced there was a larger bump and it lasted longer. But you are correct, it's viewed as a contigency against cord cutting.

ESPN/Cable is the meat on $DIS plate. Until that changes it will be the primary (internal) mover of the stock price, for better or worse.

Rodan75

The day after the trailer there was a small bump that went away at midday.

The next day when Disneylife was announced there was a larger bump and it lasted longer. But you are correct, it's viewed as a contigency against cord cutting.

ESPN/Cable is the meat on $DIS plate. Until that changes it will be the primary (internal) mover of the stock price, for better or worse.

I think you are right for those that invest on the fundamentals, but I think the stock surge Disney was experiencing before the pull back was fueled by fan investors, who were investing based on box office and consumer products and brands...and not looking at the fundamentals.

Nothing at ESPN is new the trends have been out in the open for years, there was a hope that Theme Parks, Consumer Products and Entertainment could leap over ESPN because of Frozen, Marvel and Star Wars. But that was hope and not analysis.

Disney has a lot of work to do to prepare for a competitive and less profitable sports environment. The Cable Companies proved that Disney has plenty of time to make adjustments and I personally think they are headed in the right direction, but they still have a huge exposure should cord cutting accelerate.

JoeCamel

I agree that Disney is slow to build stuff but site work started at the outlet mall years ago and ran into environmental delays then went bust. The current owners built on top of what had been done before so a lot of dirt had been moved and the roads/intersections had been built long before the outlet mall hit the drawing board.

http://www.ntneighborhoodnews.com/n...or-tampa-prime-outlets-mall-at-cypress-creek/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom