A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
What's good? Lunch email. What's not so good? Lunch not included.

A kind soul suggests that Bob Iger could announce a real (or as real as they are capable of) opening date for SDL on this afternoon's earnings call (BTW, hate to tell you 'I told you so!' about the delay but I did see it coming.)

I don't believe that will happen based on other factors at play. But I am starting to think that a date forwarded to me a few months ago may well be accurate. That date? May 8, 2016.

Rteetz

A kind soul suggests that Bob Iger could announce a real (or as real as they are capable of) opening date for SDL on this afternoon's earnings call (BTW, hate to tell you 'I told you so!' about the delay but I did see it coming.)

I don't believe that will happen based on other factors at play. But I am starting to think that a date forwarded to me a few months ago may well be accurate. That date? May 8, 2016.
Oh yay My birthday.

RSoxNo1

The Disney Parks Blog did put out some construction photos...The battle scene of Pirates looks amazing.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/first-look-shanghai-disney-resort-images-revealed/

TP2000

The Disney Parks Blog did put out some construction photos...The battle scene of Pirates looks amazing.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/first-look-shanghai-disney-resort-images-revealed/

Agreed. But just based on those corporate censored photos, it's quite obvious this isn't a property that will be ready to accept paying customers within a year. Even if May, 2016 is the new date, that seems to be awfully optimistic based on how quickly Disney construction projects go.

Pushing the opening back by six months doesn't seem enough. And can you even imagine the trials and tribulations Disney's team in Shanghai is going through right now? Yikes.

dstrawn9889

disney is not building, china is, remember how fast they can reproduce an electronic item? as long as WDI is not watching like a hawk with their OSHA style rules and stringent specs, they could be open tomorrow LOL

WDW1974

Original Poster
Seroiusly, Bob, can you use the words 'franchise' and 'brands' any more. If I were playing a drinking game, I'd have alcohol poisoning by now.

And 'spring 2016' is what you'll say, huh? I guess my source was right and my apologies for sitting on the info on the date (@Lee will attest that I've had it for months now). Hey, @WDWFigment, you and maybe @BrianLo are the only folks I can think of that might also be interested.

WDW1974

Original Poster
While we are talking financial matters, this is a nice read for folks interested in DLP (you know the resort that is going to close up shop and be replaced by a Super Walmart, condos, and a cheap Euro trash operator running the rides, all stripped of their Disney IP, at a park that once was a MK!!!):D

It's basically on how TWDC has screwed the Euro Disney SCA shareholders from the start and is continuing to do so now to get what it has been after for over a decade now: total control of the resort.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...reholders-specialreport-idUSKBN0L60UU20150202

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Why does it seem like two of our MAGICal regulars were posting on the DPB?!?!

Lee on February 3rd, 2015 at 2:38 pm
This looks amazing. I can not wait until this is finished. It really makes me want to take a trip to China.

Thor from CA on February 3rd, 2015 at 4:09 pm
Very cool! But this park opens in November? Unless these photos are very old, I can’t see how the park will be ready in November.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Iger is asked: Will Star Wars 'kill' or 'slay' or 'overtake' (I don't recall her exact word) Avatar?

(Not realizing that Avatar has somehow become a DIS brand.)

Awkwardly, clearly not knowing how to respond, he paused. Then, he said that he 'just would not want to comment on that.'

Seriously, this guy runs the world's largest MEDIA corp and doesn't even know how to communicate sans a script. Effing amazing.

C'mon apologists, you know you want to go after me ... bring it on.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

While we are talking financial matters, this is a nice read for folks interested in DLP (you know the resort that is going to close up shop and be replaced by a Super Walmart, condos, and a cheap Euro trash operator running the rides at a park that once was a MK!!!):D

It's basically on how TWDC has screwed the Euro Disney SCA shareholders from the start and is continuing to do so now to get what it has been after for over a decade now: total control of the resort.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015...reholders-specialreport-idUSKBN0L60UU20150202
That is dirty. Like filthy.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Frank Bruni had an interesting op-ed in the Sunday NYT. The subject, which I don't want to debate, is those crazy folks who don't vaccinate their brats and put all of us at risk. But the point I took from it is something I tend to dwell on here, and in real world circles, and that is how despite having more information at their hands than at any time in human history, people are dumber than ever. Technology and the internet has allowed everyone's voice to be heard when guess what? All opinions shouldn't be heard, all opinions aren't equal, and while it seems fair and noble to push this agenda all one has to do is look at the Disney/UNI Twitverse to see what a quaint and dumb notion that one is.

Agreed 100%, and I've had the same thoughts. I posted on another message board once: "on the internet, everyone has a voice...but if everyone is talking, who's listening?". Everyone suddenly thinks their brain-dead, half-informed, knee-jerk reaction is just as valid as everyone else's and people can make up stuff whenever they feel like because no one does their own research anymore...."ain't nobody got time for that!"

Nemo14

Do y'all know that Bob rides the rides too?

Sure. Tell me when you see him on Space Mountain or KRR or even PPF ...
Do the teacups count?
mlRiT7-lkKYJt9HZoFBQ-Jg.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom