A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cosmic Commando

Lol, so we just learned that the MK 'can not maintain' ten percent of its days being ten percent of its days.
If "peak" is an 8, 9, or 10 on the crowd calendar, then there should be 30% "peak" days. If they're running 35% peak days so far, then it will come down. I did some very quick math based on what Touring Plans forecasts for the rest of the year. They are forecasting 41 peak days for the remaining 153 days in the year. If I weighted things properly (no guarantee!), then we will finish the year with 31.6% peak days versus the 30% it should be.

lazyboy97o

Well is it going to kill you to post your source again? I don't read everything you type.
The numbers are Touring Plans'.

Lol, so we just learned that the MK 'can not maintain' ten percent of its days being ten percent of its days.
But he made a chart. Probably even used Excel. He must be a numbers guy who only deals with absolute truth and not a subjective scale created and maintenance by others who do the actual work.

PhotoDave219

The economy is doing pretty good. Lots of people have money again. Also, could it be that Orlando tourism isn't maxed out and is still growing?!?!? Hmmm.

I have no idea. Just for that vast a difference between last year and this year? Crazy.

Also, unpleasant. I wouldn't want to go. Give me 75 degrees, low humidity and low crowds. I think they call it early December.

Edit: The data is just so much of an outlier and a consistant outlier as compared to 2013 as well.

Its not just MK, all 4 parks are busier.

Last edited:

NoChesterHester

I have no idea. Just for that vast a difference between last year and this year? Crazy.

Also, unpleasant. I wouldn't want to go. Give me 75 degrees, low humidity and low crowds. I think they call it early December.

Edit: The data is just so much of an outlier and a consistant outlier as compared to 2013 as well.

I assume Universal Parks are the same way?

cdd89

One thing I think I underestimated in attendance factors is the various currency exchange rates.

I'm half way through a visit to DLP (the place is looking better every time I visit - a great trend...) And there is a marked increase in UK visitors as compared with last summer.

I wonder if the converse trend has happened in WDW, i.e. these are displaced visitors selecting Paris over Orlando for price reasons.

The other revelation I had is that character dining is by far and away the best way to meet characters. I'm not sure why anyone does it any other way.

MuteSuperstar

I suppose the economy is better for some folks (without question better for those at the very top), but for the vast majority of the middle class it is stagnating or getting worse. I'm baffled by the crazy crowds. I assume it's just people maxing out their credit cards or spending what they can while they still can, because the standard of living for a whole lot of people in this country is going nowhere but down. Saving 5-10 bucks a week on gas is not going to fund a Disney trip, especially when the cost of nearly everything else continues to skyrocket while wages continue to flatline.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

So when did all of the operational critiques of MyMagic+ disappear? Or do people just like to pretend like they're on to a mystery?
It's possible that it isn't anywhere near the devils work that everyone tried to make it out to be. Sure there have been some complaints of bugs and glitches, but, I don't think that it is universal (sorry to mention that name).

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I retract my last post

DisneyCane

One thing regarding crowds increasing is that the population of the US and the world is constantly increasing. Therefore, even if a lower percentage of people visit in 2015 than 1971, you still end up with more people.

Combine that with the fact that total ride capacity isn't increasing (it has compared to 1971 but not much compared to say 1995) and you get long lines and difficult to get FP+ reservations.

Animaniac93-98

One thing I think I underestimated in attendance factors is the various currency exchange rates.

I'm half way through a visit to DLP (the place is looking better every time I visit - a great trend...) And there is a marked increase in UK visitors as compared with last summer.

I wonder if the converse trend has happened in WDW, i.e. these are displaced visitors selecting Paris over Orlando for price reasons.

The other revelation I had is that character dining is by far and away the best way to meet characters. I'm not sure why anyone does it any other way.

Character dining is great if you're interested in the characters available. For WDW and DLP it's just Princesses, Pooh's pals and Mickey & friends. Anyone else requires the old stand-in-line routine.

Since Ratatouille didn't open until July of 2014 I wonder if that's still a draw for 2015 DLP travellers?

asianway

Character dining is great if you're interested in the characters available. For WDW and DLP it's just Princesses, Pooh's pals and Mickey & friends. Anyone else requires the old stand-in-line routine.

Since Ratatouille didn't open until July of 2014 I wonder if that's still a draw for 2015 DLP travellers?
Ummm DLP has Inventions brunch which had Gus and Jaq last week and Angel tomorrow. Hardly routine

Animaniac93-98

Ummm DLP has Inventions brunch which had Gus and Jaq last week and Angel tomorrow. Hardly routine

I thought it was just Mickey and friends. There's not a lot of info available on it, and I'm not even sure if it's daily.

1900 Park Fare also has characters outside of the norm, but it's another exception to the general rule of limited selection when compared to who can be found out and about during normal operating hours or special events.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom