A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

The funniest thing about the Motley Fool article is the author saying that the Star Wars-Pixar makeover "may take a couple of years for it to open."

A couple of years? That'd be 2017.

Try a couple of a couple years.
a couple to be fully announced and a crabola to be finished?

Comcast is a threat to Disney's theme parks. However, the future of the internet and entertainment is not the cable wire or FIOS, it is actually wireless. The Cell Phone companies are the powerful provider of the future and will be the winners. Take someone who owns more than one home. Why have 2 or more cable packages, phone internet and cable, when all you need is one provider that you can take no matter where you are. All one needs is a wireless provider. The cable companies, and thus Comcast will be the loser when competing against wireless providers. Wireless providers and content providers will be winners in the digital age. Content is King as has always been the case.
cell phone companies are no immune. Imagine if there was a project (many cities have already) to have free wireless everywhere.
You wouldnt need a phone carrier if everyone had wireless and skype/wasap.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Interesting that the Fool is now highlighting Disney's vulnerabilities, when for a long time places like that were criticised as being the Iger shills that weren't taking any notice of what these forums were pointing out. Could we be seeing the start of the tide turning, and the wider investment community paying more attention to the parks I wonder?

If 'Disney is a business', I wonder what that makes Comcast, given those theme park profits are from doing pretty much everything the 'Disney is a business' crowd says Disney is right not to do.
Clearly for some "Disney is a business" crowd.. Comcast are commies of some strange universe.

As for the website.. Perhaps they are no longer receiving royalties from Disney? and thus do not have the need to be shills of Iger and Co?

Cesar R M

The gentleman in question has special needs. For that alone, I'm not going to rip him.

Suffice to say, he caused a few issues here and is no longer welcome here. While on twitter, he managed to threaten to kill a few members here as a result.
Special needs as in.. mental issues? or physical issues?
Dave please take you Uni talk to the appropriate thread.
ohhhh burn ! lol XD

You got slaped big time here @PhotoDave219 :hilarious:

Last edited:

SYRIK2000

He's already back on Twitter, so looks like he won't let an account deletion stop him.

I'm all for respecting special needs, but making death threats (publicly, no less) is over the line. I don't know why people tolerate it.
He sounds Magical. Kind of sorry I missed his posts here.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He's already back on Twitter, so looks like he won't let an account deletion stop him.

I'm all for respecting special needs, but making death threats (publicly, no less) is over the line. I don't know why people tolerate it.
Unless he's started a new account, he's always had two. But one of them he hasn't touched in years. Hopefully that one will get the boot as well....

Shaman

Disney is a business
Comcast is a business
Comcast is better at being a business than Disney

How so? Comcast coveted Disney. They failed in their hostile takeover. So they went with Universal instead.

Since then, Disney has acquired Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFilm...conservative spending strategies at the Parks and Studio still brings in the big bucks. Not sure how Comcast is better at running their business.

They saved Universal parks. I'll give them that....also seem to have made Disney execs a tiny bit nervous.

Either way, these corporations don't care about us. Profits are all that matter.

SYRIK2000

How so? Comcast coveted Disney. They failed in their hostile takeover. So they went with Universal instead.

Since then, Disney has acquired Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFilm...conservative spending strategies at the Parks and Studio still brings in the big bucks. Not sure how Comcast is better at running their business.

They saved Universal parks. I'll give them that....also seem to have made Disney execs a tiny bit nervous.

Either way, these corporations don't care about us. Profits are all that matter.
I think Comcast is a better business as well. Look at the product they are selling for the price they sell it at. That deserves credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom