A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrerJon

I meant WDW deals for other European visitors. As in, could a German family buy 2 week tickets? Can a Spainish couple get Free Dining etc. or is that just exclusive to British travellers? Or alternatively, could they book through the UK site with their own credit card?

Oh sorry I misunderstood the question.

Well I just did a bit of IP hacking to see, and it seems that anyone in the European Union can book deals through the UK site, as the payment page has a 'choose your country' option and there aren't multiple WDW sites for Europe, but if you click 'What if my country's not on the list?' you get a prompt saying "If you reside outside of the European Union please visit your local travel provider for information on Walt Disney World or to book your holiday."

So basically Spanish or Germans get all the deals fine, but a Canadian or American would be out of luck! And conveniently for Disney, I think doing that nicely bypasses EU antitrust laws!

wogwog

Uh oh......
This may be fun to follow. I think the way things seem to be priced at DLP is interesting. I lived and worked in England for a few years several years ago. I recall getting really good offers. The great deals were available because of the British address I was told by a travel agent in London. I paid with a US credit card. Associates working from a French based division of the same company I worked for could not get the same deal.

Nmoody1

Marketing different offers to different countries has been standard Disney practice for years, and makes sense based on differing vacation habits, so it's odd that people are only noticing now. They need to be careful what they wish for - the Brits may be being ripped off by the French but how would they like it if Disney decided to stop the WDW promotions exclusively targeted to them that make Orlando super cheap?

Brits have had 2 week Ultimate tickets and permanent free dining while Americans have had Magic Your Way and free dining only for a short period (although do tend to get more room only discounts), while Canadians get great deals for Disneyland... France pushes super cheap Annual Passes to its citizens yet never mentions them to Brits because they usually book packages which include tickets anyway... so there's always a promo one country is getting while another misses out.

It will be interesting to see if this changes as a result of this furore.

It's slightly different from.being ripped off, under EU law it's actually LAW that citizens of member countries pay the same price. This is not about annual passes - this is about package deals. And you are comparing USA/Canada and the UK - which are not European states.

A better comparison would be someone living in North Carolina being charged different rates to someone in South Carolina.

Nmoody1

Like Florida residents getting a different rate on passes compared to other US residents?

Well, one COULD argue that, but then again there is no law in place that says that everyone should be charged equal prices in the US. I find it strange that disney offers the whole of central Florida or the SoCal discount to such a wide geographical area. I've always thought it should be on a more local concentrated area. What disruption is caused by Disney to people living in say Titusville or Santa Monica?

Those local to parks I can understand justification of a discount - higher traffic and a drain on some resources, and famously in Paris the argument of noise from the fireworks, but this oy inconveniences a few towns. But this could be avoided in the European case by offering locals free passes, not offering varying prices across the European state.

truecoat

by the way.. I just seen a few images similar to your icon.
Makes me wonder if its a new trend.
I loved the "toothless" one. (from how to train your dragon)

spielberg probably only produced ( as in tossed money)

No different on how the Transformers franchise went downhill quality wise.

Spielberg directed number 2. Spielberg is a great director but even the best have off movies. This one was way off.

PhotoDave219

If only Comcast's customer service was as good as their theme parks.

Well the guest service inside universal is completely in line with Comcast's customer service.

That is the largest thing that universal Orlando needs to work on.
I bet Zenia loved this article.

Well that's what happens when you put off capital investments for 10 years and instead just rely on price increases and rething of existing rides on the cheap…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom