A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrianLo

Seriously, comparing everything to Tokyo Disneyland is becoming a message board meme/cliche.

I agree generally, but if you think TDL (the sister park, with the same shared people who currently design attractions) is not relevant to WDW, you are choosing to live in ignorant bliss. There is a reason it comes up often, but that is mostly because it is the best benchmark for what we want/expect out of WDW moving forward.

It's fair that Tokyo (and Universal... and even worse armchair imagineering *cough cough*) should not be brought up ad-nauseum in every single WDW News and Rumours thread... but fortunately/unfortunately this thread it is generally fair game. However, it would be nice if when they are brought up it was at least somewhat relevant to what was being discussed at the time and not the same five talking points.

Shifting off-topic is inevitable, but the real root of the problem in my eyes: everyone who feels the need to compulsively post 20+ times a day, in every thread, carrying on the same never-ending arguments. Unfortunately no one is that interesting.

At the very least, I would hope people consider in the future if they have already said something before. If you've already said it at least 10+ times? Maybe not worth re-iterating again. Say your point and be done with it.

I don't have people on ignore, but I certainly always scroll quickly past certain posts.

PhotoDave219

I agree generally, but if you think TDL (the sister park, with the same shared people who currently design attractions) is not relevant to WDW, you are choosing to live in ignorant bliss. There is a reason it comes up often, but that is mostly because it is the best benchmark for what we want/expect out of WDW moving forward.

It's fair that Tokyo (and Universal... and even worse armchair imagineering *cough cough*) should not be brought up ad-nauseum in every single WDW News and Rumours thread... but fortunately/unfortunately this thread it is generally fair game. However, it would be nice if when they are brought up it was at least somewhat relevant to what was being discussed at the time and not the same five talking points.

Shifting off-topic is inevitable, but the real root of the problem in my eyes: everyone who feels the need to compulsively post 20+ times a day, in every thread, carrying on the same never-ending arguments. Unfortunately no one is that interesting.

At the very least, I would hope people consider in the future if they have already said something before. If you've already said it at least 10+ times? Maybe not worth re-iterating again. Say your point and be done with it.

I don't have people on ignore, but I certainly always scroll quickly past certain posts.

I think it is relevant, I've just heard it ad nauseam every day for the past six months. I get that its a benchmark to have..... and I long for the day that our beloved Florida park will get 3 inches of snow so the characters can play in it.

Mike S

I think it is relevant, I've just heard it ad nauseam every day for the past six months. I get that its a benchmark to have..... and I long for the day that our beloved Florida park will get 3 inches of snow so the characters can play in it.
If only.......
image.jpg

IWant2GoNow

AoA is $420 for a standard room. Wow so much for value resort.

That's for a Family Suite. Still overpriced, but it's *not* the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms going for $420.

What drives me nuts is you can get 2 All-Star or Pop Century standard rooms and sleep 8 cheaper than AoA's family suites which only sleep 6. :banghead:

Cody5294

Cody, cody, cody......

The difference is the 47 hard ticket events where MK counts that attendance as well. Its like 47 extra days of 30k people - Even if they dont sell every one out, that is AT LEAST another 1-1.25M guests a year.

Props to @asianway for pointing me towards that....
Ahhh I keep forgetting about the hard ticketed events. I think your right on the money with 1-1.25 more guests a year. MNSHP sold out a good amount of days last year

Cesar R M

PhotoDave219

MKCP 1985

What drives me nuts is you can get 2 All-Star or Pop Century standard rooms and sleep 8 cheaper than AoA's family suites which only sleep 6. :banghead:
The thought of being one of 8 people in 2 standard rooms at All Stars or Pop Century. . . :eek:

You know those All Stars hotel rooms are so small they don't even have closets, right? 4 people, tiny room, no closet. :hungover:

flynnibus

Premium Member

Sure if you are going for maximum stuffing... the AS rooms are cheaper. But they also are less, hence why they are cheaper. Smaller beds, no kitchenette, less private space, no kitchenette, less hang-out space and a lesser resort setup. So yeah, gonna cost more.

the.dreamfinder

Mike S

Comcast's quarterly results came out today.
Domestic parks and resorts cash flow was up 44.9% in the second quarter and theme park revenue increased 25.7%.

Comcast's CFO noted they will be significantly investing in the parks and see them as a growth business for AT LEAST the next twenty years.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/discussion/thread.cfm?page=650
Full results here:
http://www.cmcsa.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=923465
I like this quote from the Orlando Sentinel of Comcast CEO Brian Roberts.
Our terrific momentum at parks continues. The enormous success of the new Harry Potter attraction in Orlando was sustained in the second quarter. Our strategy of consistently launching new attractions is really working.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-comcast-earnings-20150723-story.html

Goofyernmost

I don't get your complaint. You think it's predictable that PIXAR makes movies that cause the audience to have emotional reactions? I think it's predictable that comedies try to make me laugh. Horror flicks try and scare me. PIXAR makes (mostly) very good movies. They have their poignant moments, there comedic moments, dramatic, tense, they run the gauntlet. Is that predictable, I guess. I just don't see how it can possibly be construed as negative.
I have to agree. How many Walt Disney generated movies can you think of that didn't have a sad part in it. I read in a book about him (don't ask me to remember which one, I have to look at my drivers license now to remember my own name) that it was, and still is a way to draw in the audience. How can they leave feeling real happy if they never had a down part that ended happily ever after. It is part of the human way of appreciating things and pulling for the one that was down and came though. All of us have had that experience in our lives and we can relate to that. No one can relate to sunshine and roses constantly. It's what makes great movies, great movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom