A Spirited Perfect Ten

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Tickets to MLS games don't even compare in price to tickets to get into an NBA/NHL game. NBA/NHL are $50+ each. You can get MLS tickets for under $25. TV revenue of MLS is nowhere near that of NHL/NBA. Revenue of NHL is 2.22x that of MLS and revenue of NBA is 10.33x that of the NHL. Saying MLS is the 3rd sport among all leagues in the US is a joke.

Interesting edits....

Joke.

Kingoglow

Bleh MLS.

We have been told since the 80's that soccer is the next big thing. It just isn't happening. The only people that believe it are the 'everyone is a winner and deserves a trophy' crowd. I think after 30 years, the pro-soccer crowd should just grab a beer and enjoy some American football.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Bleh MLS.

We have been told since the 80's that soccer is the next big thing. It just isn't happening. The only people that believe it are the 'everyone is a winner and deserves a trophy' crowd. I think after 30 years, the pro-soccer crowd should just grab a beer and enjoy some American football.

Jesus, I usually don't stay up this late, I have a job and all. Do the boards always get this dumb, this late?

invader

Interesting edits....

Joke.
Sorry was looking at older data the first time, your original quote was right before I edited. Doesn't change anything. I'm a soccer fan and can admit to it. MLS has set up perfectly in cities that would embrace the sport and has less expensive tickets. Why wouldn't attendance figures be inflated, lol.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Sorry was looking at older data the first time, your original quote was right before I edited. Doesn't change anything. I'm a soccer fan and can admit to it. MLS has set up perfectly in cities that would embrace the sport and has less expensive tickets. Why wouldn't attendance figures be inflated, lol.

Inflated? You mean like how the Yankee attendence props up the Rays? or the Cardinals prop up Miami? Or how MLB is notorious for falsifying their attendence figures by giving away tickets?

edit to add.

The difference between your old and new numbers proves my point. Soccer is growing here. And it's already popular.

PhotoDave219

Well when you look at it as "per game".... yes. There's a lot of way to manipulate these stats.

PhotoDave219

Bleh MLS.

Hey. Those french girls were HOT. That Amandine Henry... just wow.

PhotoDave219

Inflated? You mean like how the Yankee attendence props up the Rays? or the Cardinals prop up Miami? Or how MLB is notorious for falsifying their attendence figures by giving away tickets?

edit to add.

The difference between your old and new numbers proves my point. Soccer is growing here. And it's already popular.

But nowhere near as popular as the worst team in MLB.

PhotoDave219

Not in the *United States*
Pretty sure it's popular in brazil and chile, which are part of america...

And Colombia. Cycling is huge in Colombia.

And in America.....

In 2014, The Tour De France averaged 283,000 viewers for its live coverage on NBCSN.

In 2014, MLS averaged 240,000 viewers on ESPN2.
In 2014 MLS averaged 142,000 viewers on NBCSN.

Fact: Cycling is still more popular than the MLS in the USA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom