A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

as a child the ride was wonderous..

as a teen on up it was really fun just to be around the area and watch the subs and people boarding and unboarding
Something I enjoyed at Disneyland :)
image.jpg

Tigger1988

doesnt matter, when people want to hate, they will use whatever to hate.
Specially take photos or quotes that do not belong and claim they do.

Happens a lot online.. twitter, facebook.. whatever...
You've said this twice now and it still doesn't make sense. None of the places/people I saw sharing it were "hating". It was being posted to celebrate the SCOTUS decision yesterday...

Nubs70

doesnt matter, when people want to hate, they will use whatever to hate.
Specially take photos or quotes that do not belong and claim they do.

Happens a lot online.. twitter, facebook.. whatever..

I dont think she had much choice. Anyone remembers Mr. Singer and his attraction to young boys and "wanna be" actors?
And there are rumors that this behaviour is normal for new artists trying to enter the Hollywood world.
She's just po'd that the tank top muffin tactic doesn't work for her any more. She made millions from it.

Cesar R M

You've said this twice now and it still doesn't make sense. None of the places/people I saw sharing it were "hating". It was being posted to celebrate the SCOTUS decision yesterday...
honestly, its hard to explain unless you have seen "fandoms" in groups like tumblr.

Let me try to explain with an example:

Someone puts a photo of something they hate on twitter.. and give an story of what they think how the photo happened, even if this story is incorrect.. the "hate" and misinformation makes the incorrectly tagged photo to spread like wildfire.
They keep adding "what a a****hole" or other derogatory comments. and noone even tries to find the source of the image.
Until someone is suspicious of that photo and searches for the truth.
But the damage is already done. The image could have been shared more than 2 million times. The person in the photo could have countless of death threats already.

This has happened a lot either by cheer ignorance or outright on purpose (like someone with an agenda trying to take down someone they have a vendetta).

This happens pretty constantly on the racism and sexism tags on twitter, tumblr and facebook.
Which is pretty akin to these fake image macros that people think they're real.

like this:
abrahamlincolnquotes.jpg

There are some really clueless people who think old abe would have said that!

And some are vile.. (like claiming A certain celebrity did a very hateful racist and/or homophobic rant).

The hate spreads unwillingly because some people believe anything.
They just need one wolf to scream loud, and all the sheep will scream one after another.

Remember, Even if the original image was POSITIVE at the time of release. It doesn't means someone wont try to make it negative in the future.

Cesar R M

But could you imagine them with today's society?

Do you know how much crap would be thrown from them? Or other activities go on inside them?

It's good that they've gone… They were nice for the time. But it's time to move on from them.
solution.. make the gondolas all reinforced glass except the bottom.. no privacy. Also put them security screens on the windows, so air can get in, but nothing else out. ;)

Animaniac93-98

Ladies and gentlemen, your afternoon plans have been made.

Excellent video. I especially appreciate how good the quality of the black light scene is.

This is still the WDW attraction I'm most fascinated with, and the one I wish the most was still around. They'll never build something like this again, it had so much potential to have its effects improved, and no ride will ever look as cool from the outside as seeing those steampunk submarines travelling through that coral coloured water.

Nubs70

Just throwing this out there don't know if it's been discussed yet. Disney has told house keeping to stop doing the towel animals and mickeys because it wastes towels and time. They would much rather have the maids cleaning for an extra five minutes than making towel animals.
This would be tell tale sign of BPO using the technique of Value Stream Mapping. VSM analyzes each step of an activity. In the case of housekeeping, towel animals, while valued by guests, provides no added value to P&R. VSM categorizes the activity of towel animals as a non value added activity. Therefore, towel animals are waste and the activity must be discontinued.

This is a clear example of how Lean Management conflicts with Guest Experience.

PhotoDave219

This would be tell tale sign of BPO using the technique of Value Stream Mapping. VSM analyzes each step of an activity. In the case of housekeeping, towel animals, while valued by guests, provides no added value to P&R. VSM categorizes the activity of towel animals as a non value added activity. Therefore, towel animals are waste and the activity must be discontinued.

This is a clear example of how Lean Management conflicts with Guest Experience.

Yeah but seeing as most of them are made by those on Light Duty*, it should have no bearing on housekeeping duties.

(*Or at least it used to)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom